Planetary Classification

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

KraytKing
Jedi Knight

Planetary Classification

Post by KraytKing »

In Star Wars, there is a pattern of classifying planets based on a single feature; "agriworld," "mining planet," "city planet," et cetera. Here on Earth we do the same thing, classifying Australia mostly as a mining country and South Korea as primarily industrial.

a) What would Earth be classified as? Looking at The Essential Atlas, seven billion is pretty high on planetary populations. Sure, Coruscant has a trillion, but that seems to be an outlier. Fondor, Corellia, and Kuat are all major industrial worlds, but have fewer inhabitants than Earth.

b) Given that we currently suck up our own wealth, what would integration into a larger economy entail? What changes to output and usage?
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
--Mace

The Old Testament has as much validity for the foundation of a religion as the pattern my recent case of insect bites formed on my ass.
--Solauren

I always get nervous when I hear the word Christian.
--Mountain

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Planetary Classification

Post by Lord Revan »

KraytKing wrote: 2018-09-22 10:53am In Star Wars, there is a pattern of classifying planets based on a single feature; "agriworld," "mining planet," "city planet," et cetera. Here on Earth we do the same thing, classifying Australia mostly as a mining country and South Korea as primarily industrial.

a) What would Earth be classified as? Looking at The Essential Atlas, seven billion is pretty high on planetary populations. Sure, Coruscant has a trillion, but that seems to be an outlier. Fondor, Corellia, and Kuat are all major industrial worlds, but have fewer inhabitants than Earth.

b) Given that we currently suck up our own wealth, what would integration into a larger economy entail? What changes to output and usage?
As Earth is now it would a "generalist or "primitive" as our tech level isn't up to par with GFFA but at same time we're not really focusing on single thing.

As for b) we're currently "sucking up our own wealth" because we have no choice.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n