Star Wars IX has a major new actor

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Q99
Jedi Council Member

Star Wars IX has a major new actor

Post by Q99 »

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Star Wars IX has a major new actor

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Cool. Smith is a pretty good actor, and its unfortunate that he hasn't yet achieved the success in film that his costar Karen Gillan did as Nebula in the Marvel films.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-08-29 05:05pm Cool. Smith is a pretty good actor, and its unfortunate that he hasn't yet achieved the success in film that his costar Karen Gillan did as Nebula in the Marvel films.
There's a tendency for Doctors to be typecast a bit and take awhile to start showing up in other roles.

Once one has been the Doctor *so* recently, it needs to fade a bit before the work starts flowing again. Also I suspect a lot want a rest after the Who workschedule.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Smith hasn't been idle since he left Doctor Who back in 2013 - he did a part in the last Terminator film and one or two season's of a Netflix show called "The Crown" as Prince Philip. Been meanign to sit and watch that but never got around to it.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
SpottedKitty
Jedi Master

Post by SpottedKitty »

Eternal_Freedom wrote: 2018-08-30 12:36pm Smith hasn't been idle since he left Doctor Who back in 2013 - he did a part in the last Terminator film and one or two season's of a Netflix show called "The Crown" as Prince Philip.
I haven't watched "The Crown" (my mum's the watch-anything-royal buff of the family, and we don't do Netflix anyway) but I've seen a few clips. At least as far as looks go, he can do a scarily good likeness of HRH in his active Navy days, during and soon after WW2.
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery