Last Jedi Deleted Scene: Alternate Phasma Death

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Last Jedi Deleted Scene: Alternate Phasma Death

Post by Sea Skimmer »

So this appeared on the interwebs today, an alternate death scene for Phasma. Which I guess confirms she really is dead, something we can never be sure of with frigging Star Wars secondary characters falling into death pits!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvuF41a11Qg

From here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjoJqZDjxgI

I think this was better for the character if she was going to be dead dead, but probably rightly cut for what we got in the movie as released as a whole. Also interesting, from the ticker on the bottom, that this scene was filmed out of order over several days, who knows how much else got shot but was too unwanted to even be rough cut.
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Re: Last Jedi Deleted Scene: Alternate Phasma Death

Post by Vympel »

Doesn't really confirm she's dead though. We never saw a corpse and its open to the next film to bring her back if they really want to. I don't think they should though.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

It's worth noting that Shaak Ti got multiple mutually exclusive death scenes shot, and still appeared in the EU after.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Yeah, death isn't permanent in Star Wars, any more than it is in superhero comics (I'm not saying that's a good thing, mind). If a later writer wants to use Phasma, she'll be back.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

I wish they would bring her back and do it right
Bullets always have the right of away
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

If they don't, I'll have to write a Phasma lives fanfic at some point, I suppose.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

eMeM
Padawan Learner

Post by eMeM »

PhoenixKnig wrote: 2018-03-21 01:16pm I wish they would bring her back and do it right
Again?
:|
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

eMeM wrote: 2018-03-23 07:48pm
PhoenixKnig wrote: 2018-03-21 01:16pm I wish they would bring her back and do it right
Again?
:|
Third time's the charm? :?

GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Serious question: Why? What is Phasma except a punchline at this point?
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

GuppyShark wrote: 2018-03-23 08:08pm Serious question: Why? What is Phasma except a punchline at this point?
A wasted opportunity, wasted character, wasted actor, and an annoying false advertising campaign that was never delivered on.

PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-03-23 08:10pm
GuppyShark wrote: 2018-03-23 08:08pm Serious question: Why? What is Phasma except a punchline at this point?
A wasted opportunity, wasted character, wasted actor, and an annoying false advertising campaign that was never delivered on.
Bing bing bing
Bullets always have the right of away