Solo Trailer

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Solo Trailer

Post by Anacronian »

Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who
Rhadamantus
Padawan Learner

Re: Solo Trailer

Post by Rhadamantus »

It looks different. Amazing looking, though. Can't wait to see the full trailer.
"There is no justice in the laws of nature, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The Universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky.

But they don't have to! WE care! There IS light in the world, and it is US!"

"There is no destiny behind the ills of this world."

"Mortem Delenda Est."

"25,000km is not orbit"-texanmarauder
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Anacronian wrote: 2018-02-04 08:15pm
Fixed.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

I haven't been keeping up with it but it looks like we get all the primaries up front. I would have figured either Lando or Chewie would be saved for a second movie.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

Cautiously optimistic. I loved the recruiter scene.
eMeM
Padawan Learner

Post by eMeM »

Promising. I will hold off my opinion till the full trailer.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Rhadamantus wrote: 2018-02-04 08:17pm It looks different. Amazing looking, though. Can't wait to see the full trailer.
Really? I think its in the style of Rogue One's visuals myself. The color grading in particular.

It looks cool, but it's a teaser so of course it does. Not particularly keen on this movie regardless.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

Homo sapiens! What an inventive, invincible species! It's only been a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenseless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable... indomitable. ~ Dr.Who
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

This movie will be absolutely worthless without a big scene in which Han receives his Corellian bloodstripes so we can all bask in the significance of the moment.
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

Galvatron wrote: 2018-02-05 09:07am This movie will be absolutely worthless without a big scene in which Han receives his Corellian bloodstripes so we can all bask in the significance of the moment.
Or his first experience with Mynoks or when he says "I love you" to his girlfriend and her answer is "I know" so everybody can go "See see they did the thing but it's different!!!"
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

I remain thoroughly whelmed.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Cautiously optimistic. The sequels have been a bit of a hot mess for me but on a sample size of 1 the OT spin-offs have been great as far as I'm concerned.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

fractalsponge1 wrote: 2018-02-05 11:10am Cautiously optimistic. The sequels have been a bit of a hot mess for me but on a sample size of 1 the OT spin-offs have been great as far as I'm concerned.
maybe it's just me but the sequel trilogy seems to have chained itself to the orginal trilogy in a way that that those tie ins are burden rather then a asset to the films, while the spin-off are the exact opposite.

What I mean is that writers/producers/directors of the sequel trilogy are too obsessed at either subverting or playing straight the story points of the orginal trilogy at cost of the story. While the spin offs (or at based on rogue one) seem more willing to experiment on with the story while maintaining the "feel" of Star Wars.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I'll go see it. If its good its good, if it sucks it sucks. The Disney film record has been a bit mixed so far, but good enough that the film gets the benefit of the doubt from me.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Interesting. Something to look forward to this summer at least. The "I'm putting together a crew" almost sounds like Ocean's 11, Star Wars style. Which is fine by me, not every Star Wars story has to be about the fate of the galaxy.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Actually, strange though it is to see someone other than Ford as Han, that trailer looks really fucking good.

Though the music is... not Star Wars. At least not familiar as Star Wars music. Rogue One showed that you can do a score that feels like Star Wars without John Williams. This... doesn't.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

To be fair it's just trailer music and unlikely to be in the actual movie.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

45 second trailer: Actually pretty cool and just gives enough to wet your appetite.
Full trailer: Meeeeeh.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Anacronian wrote: 2018-02-05 03:59pm To be fair it's just trailer music and unlikely to be in the actual movie.
Yeah, but a trailer should ideally give the audience an impression of what the tone/style of the film will be.

Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2018-02-05 04:13pm
Anacronian wrote: 2018-02-05 03:59pm To be fair it's just trailer music and unlikely to be in the actual movie.
Yeah, but a trailer should ideally give the audience an impression of what the tone/style of the film will be.
Tone/Style yes, But the actual music will change I believe, I may be wrong but this music in the trailer smells of being made for the trailer and not the film.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Anacronian wrote: 2018-02-05 09:14am
Galvatron wrote: 2018-02-05 09:07am This movie will be absolutely worthless without a big scene in which Han receives his Corellian bloodstripes so we can all bask in the significance of the moment.
Or his first experience with Mynoks or when he says "I love you" to his girlfriend and her answer is "I know" so everybody can go "See see they did the thing but it's different!!!"
I like the way you think! :)

This movie is a perfect opportunity to show us how everything that was interesting or mysterious about Han's origin actually happened within a relatively tiny sliver of his lifetime!

First encounters with Jabba the Hutt and Boba Fett, getting his red AND yellow bloodstripes, the Kessel Run, dumping some cargo at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser, earning Chewie's lifelong devotion, winning the Falcon from Lando, making some special modifications to it himself AND someone telling him about the odds for the very first time! It'll be awesome to finally see these things that we've all been clamoring for!

Han Solo will FINALLY be a complete character!
Anacronian
Padawan Learner

Post by Anacronian »

Galvatron wrote: 2018-02-05 04:26pm
Anacronian wrote: 2018-02-05 09:14am
I like the way you think! :)

This movie is a perfect opportunity to show us how everything that was interesting or mysterious about Han's origin actually happened within a relatively tiny sliver of his lifetime!

First encounters with Jabba the Hutt and Boba Fett, getting his red AND yellow bloodstripes, the Kessel Run, dumping some cargo at the first sign of an Imperial cruiser, earning Chewie's lifelong devotion, winning the Falcon from Lando, making some special modifications to it himself AND someone telling him about the odds for the very first time! It'll be awesome to finally see these things that we've all been clamoring for!

Han Solo will FINALLY be a complete character!
Is it too pessimistic that I truly believe that all these story "options" were on a whiteboard somewhere at Disney?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I would be disappointed if Disney didn't brainstorm with them in mind. However, fitting them all into ONE movie would be ridiculous of course.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

And why would they? After all, unless this film is a complete flop, they'll probably want to do a Han Solo Two.

Its not like Rogue One, where the premise of the film largely negates the possibility of a sequel (actually, ironically, the closest thing to a "sequel" for Rogue One is A New Hope).

CetaMan
Youngling

Post by CetaMan »

Cautious optimism about this. The sequals can continue to be disappointing and illogical as long as the spin-offs actually feel like they fit into the OT, like RO did.

Space squid tentacles?