Wrong Section

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

texanmarauder
Padawan Learner

Wrong Section

Post by texanmarauder »

just to throw this out there, star wars doesn't belong in the science fiction section. its not a sci fi. its a space opera. so everything in the "Pure Star Wars" section needs to be moved. :D :D :D :D :D
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Re: Wrong Section

Post by Crazedwraith »

Space opera is a subset of SciFi and your trolling cuntishness is becoming desperate and blatant.
Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Oh do shut up, darling.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
texanmarauder
Padawan Learner

Post by texanmarauder »

Crazedwraith wrote: 2017-12-13 03:14pm Space opera is a subset of SciFi and your trolling cuntishness is becoming desperate and blatant.
its called a joke dude. there is only a handful of people on these forums anymore. few to no new topics in any relevant categories. so gotta invent entertainment. so kindly go fuck yourself.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

We have a place for that, it's called Testing.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
texanmarauder
Padawan Learner

Post by texanmarauder »

nah. no fun.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Star Wars is only not science fiction if you have a very narrow and arguably snobby definition of science fiction.

Edit: Although if anyone wants to make a (probably futile) attempt to make something substantive out of this thread, I suppose we could rehash the old argument over what exactly defines science fiction, as opposed to fantasy.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
KraytKing
Jedi Knight

Post by KraytKing »

What is the general feeling on early WEG Star Wars material? I found the original Roleplaying Game to be beautiful for its recognition of the importance of story. Indeed, a significant portion of the GM section is instructions on story spinning. By comparison, almost the entire 5E DM's Guide is (are?) additional rules.

Unfortunately, the books got steadily worse with time. Pretty much everything following the Sourcebook was going downhill in my opinion, though I do hold a special place in my heart for the Imperial Sourcebook.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any.
--Mace

The Old Testament has as much validity for the foundation of a religion as the pattern my recent case of insect bites formed on my ass.
--Solauren

I always get nervous when I hear the word Christian.
--Mountain

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.
Queue
Lex Volcanus

Post by Queue »

texanmarauder wrote: 2017-12-13 07:51pm nah. no fun.
You're welcome to have all the arguments you like on the classification or nature of the Star Wars stories, but site administration isn't up for debate.
I feel a presence. Another warrior is on the mesa.