Star Wars: The Last Jedi release thread (spoilers)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi release thread (spoilers)

Post by PhoenixKnig » 2018-03-27 09:15am

If I may add something to the Poe Holdo debate
Was it really Poe's plan or just one he just ok an plan
Bullets always at the right away :kill:

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith » 2018-03-27 10:42am

PhoenixKnig wrote:
2018-03-27 09:15am
Can you rephrase that, please? I'm not sure what you mean.

Poe's plan was really more of brainstorm between him, Rose and Finn but I'm pretty sure he proposed the steal a craft and do an end run around Holdo part of it. He was also the one that blabbed over the radio.

Holdo meanwhile, I'm not sure she formulated 'her plan' either. Leia was in charge for the jump to the system and the initial dash towards Crait. IIRC all Holdo really did was hold the course on Leia's plan.
To the brave passengers and crew of the Kobayashi Maru... sucks to be you - Peter David

PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig » 2018-03-27 12:50pm

Crazedwraith wrote:
2018-03-27 10:42am
PhoenixKnig wrote:
2018-03-27 09:15am
Can you rephrase that, please? I'm not sure what you mean.

Poe's plan was really more of brainstorm between him, Rose and Finn but I'm pretty sure he proposed the steal a craft and do an end run around Holdo part of it. He was also the one that blabbed over the radio.

Holdo meanwhile, I'm not sure she formulated 'her plan' either. Leia was in charge for the jump to the system and the initial dash towards Crait. IIRC all Holdo really did was hold the course on Leia's plan.
Rephrase that: I was asking was it Poe's plan or he 'just run with it'
Bullets always at the right away :kill:

Civil War Man
NERRRRRDS!!!

Post by Civil War Man » 2018-03-28 11:36am

PhoenixKnig wrote:
2018-03-27 12:50pm
Rephrase that: I was asking was it Poe's plan or he 'just run with it'
He probably just ran with it. Finn came up with the idea to infiltrate the FO flagship to disable to tracker. Maz referred them to the slicer on Canto Bight, but Finn was probably the one who thought to call Maz since there's nothing to suggest that Poe or Rose ever met her. Poe's only real role is that he stayed behind to keep an eye on what was going on with the fleet and possibly cover for Rose and Finn (though that last part wasn't apparently needed in practice, since no one seemed to notice that they were gone). It's probably closer to say that it was Finn's plan.

As a side note, the fact that no one on the fleet seems to notice Rose's absence, implying that she's regarded as some invisible grunt by the organization, doesn't really mesh well with the supplemental material crediting her with basically inventing the cloaking tech on the transports. You'd think the Resistance would at the very least want to keep an eye on her, to make sure nothing bad happens to her.

Also, Honest Trailer for The Last Jedi dropped yesterday. The main theme is using the current and original voice guys to illustrate how the fandom is split over the movie.

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron » 2018-04-15 05:09pm