What is the best Star Wars Movie, and why is it Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Q99
Jedi Council Member

What is the best Star Wars Movie, and why is it Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure?

Post by Q99 »

Discuss.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: What is the best Star Wars Movie, and why is it Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure?

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Um... say what?

Most everyone is going to say Empire Strikes Back.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: What is the best Star Wars Movie, and why is it Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure?

Post by Batman »

Does not work. You cannot ask what is the best movie and then declare movie X is it. You've already decided so there's no point in asking.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
ANGELUS
Padawan Learner

Post by ANGELUS »

Q99 wrote: 2017-07-26 07:42pm What is the best Star Wars Movie, and why is it Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure?

Discuss.
Based on what criteria?
~ Some men just want to watch the world burn ~
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

Are we suddenly in a parallel universe where somehow CoC is the best Star Wars? What other things are different? Is Trump no longer President, instead replaced with Galactic Space Emperor Gorgaxx the Enslaver who is somehow still a better and more human Prez then Trump despite being a 16 foot tall alien? Are the Dodos the national bird? Does there finally exist a mode of public transportation that doesn't smell of urine?

Anyway, in the universe I'm originally from I'd say the best, atleast for me personally, is Revenge followed closely by Empire. I kinda like Revenge more though, I think its a more enjoyable movie. It really hammered home the "wars" in Stars Wars and I think had a mostly fulfilling payoff on Ani\s fall to Vader (the NOOOOOOOOOOO scene notwithstanding). I loved the designs, love the battles, and loved the character drama.

That doesn't mean Empire isn't great too, just prefer ROTS.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2017-07-26 07:56pm Um... say what?

Most everyone is going to say Empire Strikes Back.
I'm sure the official ranking is
1) Caravan of Courage
2) Ewoks: The Battle for Endor

3) ... the rest
ANGELUS wrote: 2017-07-26 08:59pm Based on what criteria?
... quantity of Ewoks?

Joun_Lord wrote: 2017-07-26 09:50pm Are we suddenly in a parallel universe where somehow CoC is the best Star Wars?
Yes, yes we are.

Let's now discuss it's virtues!

For example, it finally gives the Ewoks the spotlight it deserves!

And it spotlights the fearsome Gorax as the villain.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Okay...

I mean, I'm seriously wondering if Q99's account got hacked.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

I dunno, some people REALLY liked the Ewoks. Hell some people thought Jar Jar was the best thing ever even if these days they won't admit it. People get enough shit admitting they didn't think the Prequels were the worst thing ever that raped their childhoods, stole their bikes, kicked their dogs, impregnated their cats, and ate their homework, I can't imagine the shit someone would get saying they liked Jar Jars antics.

Personally I think they are completely and udderly mad. I'm not Episode 6 or Prequel hater (kinda amazing when you think bout it, while there are the movie purists, the OT purists, there are also those who only really consider Ep4 and 5 canon to themselves) I certainly didn't enjoy the freaking Ewoks or Jar Jar. Don't think they are the worst thing evar but certainly didn't improve the movie with the presence except maybe for the wee tots.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2017-07-27 01:23pm Okay...

I mean, I'm seriously wondering if Q99's account got hacked.
Or it could be... and stop me if this is too radical... a joke?

Or he has unorthodox tastes.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yeah, yeah. I get it.

This thread just seems... weirdly random.

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2017-07-27 02:18pm Yeah, yeah. I get it.

This thread just seems... weirdly random.
You obviously aren't spending enough time outside of N&P. :P
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

The Romulan Republic wrote: 2017-07-27 02:18pm This thread just seems... weirdly random.
That's what makes it such a good joke!

Everyone knows Ewoks: Battle for Endor is the best Star Wars movie.
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Q99 wrote: 2017-07-27 04:25pm Everyone knows Ewoks: Battle for Endor is the best [a] Star Wars movie.
There, fixed it for you. :D
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Unfortunately. Is unfortunately a Star Wars movie.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Esquire wrote: 2017-07-27 06:30pm
Q99 wrote: 2017-07-27 04:25pm Everyone knows Ewoks: Battle for Endor is the best [a] Star Wars movie.
There, fixed it for you. :D
Technically true.

Still, we must not also forget the giant among the prequels, The Clone Wars movie.

You know, the one that introduced Ziro the Hutt! (as well as other, less notable characters)