What if Xizor won?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Q99
Jedi Council Member

What if Xizor won?

Post by Q99 »

Prince Xizor, of course, never had an actual chance of beating Vader and becoming the Emperor's right hand.

But imagine for a second, what if he *did*? What if he offed Vader, how would Palpatine react?
atg
Jedi Master

Re: What if Xizor won?

Post by atg »

Force lightning to Xizor's face followed by one of his dark side disciples getting a promotion most likely.
Marcus Aurelius: ...the Swedish S-tank; the exception is made mostly because the Swedes insisted really hard that it is a tank rather than a tank destroyer or assault gun
Ilya Muromets: And now I have this image of a massive, stern-looking Swede staring down a bunch of military nerds. "It's a tank." "Uh, yes Sir. Please don't hurt us."
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I strongly suspect that Black Sun would throw Xizor under the metaphorical bus as fast as they could and hope it would be enough to avoid the wrath on Palpatine as I highly dout that Black Sun would be able to resist the full might of Galactic Empire and were able to stay in power thru the art of not being worth the cost it would take to get rid of them.

However if Xizor was able to kill Darth Vader the Black Sun would get bumped several tiers in the "potential threat" list and Palpatine would bring the full might of Empire to bare on them to make an example of them.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Keep in mind, he was doing this *to* get Palpatine's praise. So no chance of Palps using him and his apparent much-higher-than-expected threat level?
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Q99 wrote:Prince Xizor, of course, never had an actual chance of beating Vader and becoming the Emperor's right hand.

But imagine for a second, what if he *did*? What if he offed Vader, how would Palpatine react?
Even if Xizor managed to kill Vader, there were other powerful darksiders like Jerec and Cronal in the old EU who were waiting in the shadows. Palpatine would have probably turned to one of them long before elevating a reptilian muggle to a position of significant power.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Galvatron wrote: Even if Xizor managed to kill Vader, there were other powerful darksiders like Jerec and Cronal in the old EU who were waiting in the shadows. Palpatine would have probably turned to one of them long before elevating a reptilian muggle to a position of significant power.
I'm picturing "Oh, yea, Xizor, you're tots worthy of your new higher status. Psst, you two? Open season. I want an apprentice by the end of the month."
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

In retrospect, Xizor chose the wrong rival. He should gone after Mas Amedda instead (yes, I'm aware that Amedda didn't exist when SOTE was written).
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

Galvatron wrote:In retrospect, Xizor chose the wrong rival. He should gone after Mas Amedda instead (yes, I'm aware that Amedda didn't exist when SOTE was written).
Or maybe Sate Pestage, yea.