Publius' Lost Content

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Landb
Redshirt

Publius' Lost Content

Post by Landb »

Hey all, wasn't sure which board would be the better fit for this question, PSW or User Fic, but decided on this one since a large portion of Publius' content is analysis, not just fanfic.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a place to find Publius' work beyond what was saved by archive.org's Wayback Machine snapshots of Domus Publica and "The New Order in Power" which is hosted here on SDN.

I know for a fact The Test of Wills cannot be found through Archive.org, and the other common link (www.cse.usf.edu/~pnguyen7/tow.pdf) no longer functions. I'm fairly sure I remember some other stuff existing that isn't on Wayback, but perhaps I'm hallucinating. In any case, if someone here knows where one can find Test of Wills or any other disappeared work, I'd be grateful to find out about it. Publius' stuff, both analysis and invention, was some of the best Empire-focused content to be found.
Danny Bhoy
Jedi Knight

Re: Publius' Lost Content

Post by Danny Bhoy »

I have pdfs of The Test of Wills floating in various electronic devices (ipad, laptops etc.) but not very readily available. I don't have the other works tho (e.g. the Silver Fox short stories).
Rhadamantus
Padawan Learner

Post by Rhadamantus »

Silver fox is still available.
"There is no justice in the laws of nature, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The Universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky.

But they don't have to! WE care! There IS light in the world, and it is US!"

"There is no destiny behind the ills of this world."

"Mortem Delenda Est."

"25,000km is not orbit"-texanmarauder
Ave Dominus Nox
Redshirt

Post by Ave Dominus Nox »

http://web.archive.org/web/201107090757 ... lysis.html

Is this what you're talking about? A few of the links are down, but several are still up.
"My sons, the galaxy is burning. We all bear witness to a final truth -- our way is not the way of the Imperium. You have never stood in the Emperor’s light. Never worn the Imperial eagle. And you never will. You shall stand in midnight clad, your claws forever red with the lifeblood of my father’s failed empire, warring through the centuries as the talons of a murdered god. Rise, my sons, and take your wrath across the stars, in my name. In my memory. Rise, my Night Lords."

— The Primarch Konrad Curze, at the final gathering of the VIII Legion
Landb
Redshirt

Post by Landb »

Danny Bhoy wrote: 2017-06-29 11:07pm I have pdfs of The Test of Wills floating in various electronic devices (ipad, laptops etc.) but not very readily available. I don't have the other works tho (e.g. the Silver Fox short stories).
His stories are for the most part still available luckily. Test of Wills is the main exception, so if you ever happen to be using one of the iPads or laptops it's on and it'd be convenient, I'd very much appreciate a copy.
Ave Dominus Nox wrote: 2017-06-30 12:44am http://web.archive.org/web/201107090757 ... lysis.html

Is this what you're talking about? A few of the links are down, but several are still up.
That's the Wayback Machine I mentioned, which has saved the vast majority. If you use this link: https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://do ... ndex.php/* you can find even more content, some of which cannot be accessed through snapshots of the main page.

Aside from what can be found there, certain essays and stories can be found here on SDN, such as "The New Order in Power" and part IV of the Palpatine biography.

The main things that haven't been saved, and which I'm hoping to find, are "The Test of Wills" and "A Billion Here, a Billion There..." which had write-ups on various companies of galactic significance. Aside from that, it's a few missing biographies, which I suspect were taken off the site before it even died due to incomplete information caused by new official content or retcons.

Also "A Picturesque Uniform: The Merchant Navy, Other Militaries, and Pirates", though I'm not certain that one was ever actually posted beyond a handful of pre-release excerpts.
Bellosh101
Youngling

Post by Bellosh101 »

It may not be the prettiest thing ever, but the entirety of A Test of Wills has been sitting on my hard drive as a bunch of htm files for more than a decade. Download link to zip is here: https://www.4shared.com/s/f-MHjm-mvca.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

I'll ping him, he might have it hosted elsewhere.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Update: Don't expect to see his stuff in the wild anytime soon
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."