Would the assertor fit in The Last Jedi?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Rhadamantus
Padawan Learner

Re: Would the assertor fit in The Last Jedi?

Post by Rhadamantus »

Oh, and this could set it up for a Katana fleet expy. Dreadnoughts and other big ships wouldn't really be useful for system governments, and the new republic wouldn't want them. So what to do with them? Hide them. Dump them idle and uncrewed in the middle of nowhere in the galactic halo, and throw away the keys. But then, a couple years after Hosnian, a resistance ship could stumble upon them. The rebels try to take them, but First Order spies find out too, and there's a huge battle between the bulk of the first order fleet and the rebel "katana" fleet.
"There is no justice in the laws of nature, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The Universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky.

But they don't have to! WE care! There IS light in the world, and it is US!"

"There is no destiny behind the ills of this world."

"Mortem Delenda Est."

"25,000km is not orbit"-texanmarauder
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

That's not a bad idea, but if TFA is any indication, the new films are drawing their inspirations from two primary sources: the OT, obviously (although they do reference the PT a little too), and KotOR.

The OT influence is readily apparent and much discussed, but people seriously underrate the parallels between TFA and KotOR, I think.

Super-gifted Jedi in training protagonist who's forgotten their past? Check. And Revan can even be female if the player wants, though not canonically. ;)

Giant secret enemy super-weapon key to the war that's powered by stars? Check.

Plot involves a search, with finding and putting together pieces of a star map? Check.

Plus I know some people think Kylo Ren's face mask looks a bit like Revan's.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Rhadamantus
Padawan Learner

Post by Rhadamantus »

The Romulan Republic wrote:That's not a bad idea, but if TFA is any indication, the new films are drawing their inspirations from two primary sources: the OT, obviously (although they do reference the PT a little too), and KotOR.

The OT influence is readily apparent and much discussed, but people seriously underrate the parallels between TFA and KotOR, I think.

Super-gifted Jedi in training protagonist who's forgotten their past? Check. And Revan can even be female if the player wants, though not canonically. ;)

Plot involves a search, with finding and putting together pieces of a star map? Check.

Would the idea of a mini-death star/dreadnought killer fit at all?
"There is no justice in the laws of nature, no term for fairness in the equations of motion. The Universe is neither evil, nor good, it simply does not care. The stars don't care, or the Sun, or the sky.

But they don't have to! WE care! There IS light in the world, and it is US!"

"There is no destiny behind the ills of this world."

"Mortem Delenda Est."

"25,000km is not orbit"-texanmarauder
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Rhadamantus wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:That's not a bad idea, but if TFA is any indication, the new films are drawing their inspirations from two primary sources: the OT, obviously (although they do reference the PT a little too), and KotOR.

Would the idea of a mini-death star/dreadnought killer fit at all?
If the First Order can build Starkiller Base, then I don't see why not.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.