Something I've Always Wondered—

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Chris Parr
Padawan Learner

Something I've Always Wondered—

Post by Chris Parr »

Okay, assuming the Jedi, Sith or some other Force Sensitives make it to the Star Trek Galaxy, and they fly around in their super fast ships and fighters—what would happen if one of them hit the Galactic Barrier? You remember that, from the episode "Where No Man Has Gone Before" which turned Gary Mitchell and Elizabeth Dehner into godlike beings by boosting their already high ESP? Is Force Sensitivity the same as ESP? Would the Galactic Barrier of the Star Trek Galaxy affect Force Sensitives like it does Espers? What do you think?
Sgt_Artyom
Youngling

Re: Something I've Always Wondered—

Post by Sgt_Artyom »

I don't think it would have any effect. The planet of Kamino is technically an extra-galatic system located in the Rishi maze, a dwarf galaxy outside the main Star Wars galaxy.

Several Jedi travelled there and seemed to have suffered no ill effects or sudden increase in powers.
Chris Parr
Padawan Learner

Post by Chris Parr »

Okay.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Sgt_Artyom wrote:I don't think it would have any effect. The planet of Kamino is technically an extra-galatic system located in the Rishi maze, a dwarf galaxy outside the main Star Wars galaxy.

Several Jedi travelled there and seemed to have suffered no ill effects or sudden increase in powers.
Or whatever the hell the Galactic Barrier is doesn't have an equivalent around the Star Wars galaxy.

My theory is that its not a natural phenomenon (because that makes no fucking sense), but was put their by something like the Q.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Chris Parr
Padawan Learner

Post by Chris Parr »

Yeah, I think they said something like that in Q-Squared and the Q Continuum trilogy novels.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

This is like asking if the Ysalimiri from Legends would hurt Q*. It only works if you make the assumption that all mystical powers in both universes are the Force. Which is something without any evidence.

* There was a fanfic on ASVS somewhere with the premise that this was the case, in which Thrawn used one to defeat Q by thawing one that was encased in carbonite. Amusing, but with no evidence that implies that it would work.