Do you find it tough to write in the style and structure of Star Wars OT stories

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

hellified
Redshirt

Do you find it tough to write in the style and structure of Star Wars OT stories

Post by hellified »

I rewrote the PT as fan fiction making the changes I would have liked to seen you can check em out here:

Star Wars prequels rewritten treatment - The Phantom Menace - http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=162728
Star Wars prequels rewritten treatment - Enter The Clones - http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=162733
Star Wars Prequels Rewritten: Rise Of The Dark Lord - http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=162744

I was having such difficulty in fitting everything into a trilogy that I had to add another story (Revenge of the Sith was going to be re-written but I got sidetracked and never got back to it). In trying to closely adhere to the original trilogy's style and pacing, it became apparent that Lucas was using the old 1950's matinee style of telling this story. Which consisted of a lot of "wipe" transitions and a story line that was continuously forward moving. There are no flashbacks, jump ahead, narration, exposition or any other devices normally used today to tell a story. The only thing close that could fill in details would be the opening crawl and once that's over its off to the races. I found it a bit confining way to tell a story personally but that's how the saga goes. Telling the story in a different way just isn't "Star Wars".

have any of you guys had issues in trying to tell a Star Wars story while staying within the structure of how the OT stories were done??
hellified
Redshirt

Re: Do you find it tough to write in the style and structure of Star Wars OT stories

Post by hellified »

sooo no one has issues with writing in the star wars style and structure?
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Re: Do you find it tough to write in the style and structure of Star Wars OT stories

Post by Esquire »

More like, that's an odd thing to do in the first place, even here, so your potential respondent pool is low.
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
hellified
Redshirt

Post by hellified »

Esquire wrote:More like, that's an odd thing to do in the first place, even here, so your potential respondent pool is low.
why would it be odd? people loved it for 3 movies and its essentially how the PT goes...
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

You might get more feedback if you posted this in the fanfic forum.
hellified
Redshirt

Post by hellified »

Galvatron wrote:You might get more feedback if you posted this in the fanfic forum.
ah..thanx