Are you happy with TCW in depicting a full scale war in Star Wars?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Re: Are you happy with TCW in depicting a full scale war in Star Wars?

Post by Lord Revan »

It actually makes sense that both sides have questionble quality material, strategy and tactics during the Clone Wars, last major galaxy wide war was a millenium ago against the Sith Empire (or what ever it's called in current canon) so any training regimens the Republic would have would be seriously out of date and seeing as there was 1000 years of essentially peace time for the Republic so both the Republic itself and the CIS would have to (re)build their military doctrine essentially from scratch.

So you have things like that Frigate that has weapons that need to be charged to be effective, probably not an issue against pirates or customers trying to avoid paying but not the most effective design for an actual war.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Are you happy with TCW in depicting a full scale war in Star Wars?

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Not even just a doctrinal issue, but a matter of their being pretty much no one alive with any actual practical knowledge of large-scale warfare.

Though Yoda seems a bit more on the ball tactically in the Prequel films than most, which makes sense- he wasn't alive during the last big war, but he's probably old enough to know and have spoken to people who were in his youth.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.