Make Princess Leia a Disney Princess?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Make Princess Leia a Disney Princess?

Post by Dominus Atheos »

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/01/f ... incess/#p3
In the week following the passing of actor, writer, and mental health advocate Carrie Fisher, outpourings of grief and tribute have spread far and wide across the galaxy. For now, few have come directly from the current license holders to the Star Wars franchise, the Walt Disney Company.

A change.org petition posted by Star Wars fan Cody Christensen seeks to change that. It includes a simple request to the Walt Disney Company and its CEO, Bob Iger: declare the character of Princess Leia an official "Disney princess."

"We feel that it is only fitting for Disney to do away with the rule that an official Disney princess must be animated and make Leia a full-fledged princess," Christensen's petition reads. "This would be a wonderful way to remember Carrie and a welcoming to one of Disney's new properties that is beloved by millions."
Link to petition:

https://www.change.org/p/the-walt-disne ... y-princess

I thought about adding a poll, but then remembered that internet polls are stupid and no one votes seriously anyway.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: Make Princess Leia a Disney Princess?

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Sure. She's a princess, and Disney has Star Wars now, and Leia's the best Disney princess, so why not make it official?
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

The counter to the question, "Why not make Leia Organa a Disney Princess?" is "For how long will Disney own the 'Star Wars' franchise?" Hell, there are plenty of princesses in Marvel Comics, and if anyone petitions to make one of them a Disney Princess, the same question applies. If Disney suffers from severe financial problems, and decides to sell the 'Star Wars' franchise to another studio... if George Lucas decides to buy back the franchise so he can pass it onto a designated heir, one who will use the ideas that J. J. Abrams rejected... what then?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Eh, theoretically, Disney could sell any of their characters if they saw fit.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

If Disney knows what's better for them... they will. They should/ought to.

Just like WWE making AJ STYLES World Champion!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!