RIP Carrie Fisher

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Re: RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Galvatron »

Too bad Yoda didn't give Luke a holocron to pass on to Leia. An interactive hologram of Yoda (and other Jedi masters) would be highly useful in rebuilding the order since Luke's knowledge was still extremely sparse after ROTJ.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Isn't their a theory that what Luke's been doing in exile is looking for information on the old Jedi/Sith? If so, there's still time. Maybe he's turned up a holocron that he's going to pass on to Rey.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I think the new EU is deliberately remaining mum on Luke's activities post-ROTJ so as not to spoil and/or conflict with whatever the new trilogy reveals.

But yeah, it would be nice if Luke could find a trove of Jedi artifacts like holocrons that the Empire wasn't able to purge during the 20+ years of its reign. Too bad Obi-Wan didn't back up the Coruscant temple's archives on something portable before going to Mustafar to face Vader. Or maybe he did and they simply didn't show us.

Then again, maybe the idea is that the latter-day Jedi order remains dead and what Luke is really searching for are the teachings of the early Jedi instead.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »