I *hate* the solar panel explanation...

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Re: I *hate* the solar panel explanation...

Post by Adam Reynolds »

bilateralrope wrote:
Adam Reynolds wrote:As for Disney, it is interesting that they have taken some of the worst ideas from the EU and turned them into proper stories.
Do you have any examples ?

I didn't pay much attention to the old EU. I don't pay much attention to anything outside the movies and the Rebels series.
The Rey vs Kylo Ren conflict was written earlier in the EU as well, in a almost universally despised novel series. In that version Han and Leia's son turns to the Dark Side and is killed by their daughter. While I doubt Rey is Han and Leia's daughter anymore, the son connection is still the same. Having the son kill Han Solo is even worse than him killing Mara Jade.

We also have a Death Star sequel that is a variation on the Galaxy Gun from Dark Empire.

Not to mention another version of the Empire, with a dark side Force user in command of it. That was another point throughout the EU that was universally disliked.

We also have Clone Wars bringing back a dead character as the EU had done multiple times(Maul), having a handful of characters(in particular another Skywalker) do everything as in the old EU, and going into genres that are rather removed from Star Wars(especially their diverge into outright fantasy with the whole Force element mentioned above).
APlayerHater
Padawan Learner

Re: I *hate* the solar panel explanation...

Post by APlayerHater »

I think it's a coincidence, where multiple authors ran out of ideas and explored similar avenues.