So who gets the Death Star II?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Re: So who gets the Death Star II?

Post by Galvatron »

I don't mind technology that can only be operated by telekinesis, but I don't like the idea of technology being able to detect the Force itself. It's bad enough that a blood sample made a person's Force-sensitivity measurable, but compounding that with Force-detection technology will only make things worse. What's next, the Force Particle? Is that what we want?
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Galvatron wrote:I don't mind technology that can only be operated by telekinesis, but I don't like the idea of technology being able to detect the Force itself. It's bad enough that a blood sample made a person's Force-sensitivity measurable, but compounding that with Force-detection technology will only make things worse. What's next, the Force Particle? Is that what we want?
Why not? Like you seem to have a really personal reaction to this.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

The whole midicholorian thing was a bit daft in my opinion, but since we never hear of it again in the prequels, and , as Mike touched on in the main site, we didn't know for sure whether they created the Force or were attracted to the Force,it wasn't that obnoxious.

But, why not the Force particle? Just speculating here, but I'm reasonably sure that scientists in the SW galaxy have been studying the physical and fundamental nature of the Force since it first manifested itself(in their universe) as a testable, observable, repeatable phenomenon(unlike gods), in the same way our scientists have been studying the nature of gravity, time, etc., including speculation on whether or not fundamental particles for those exist.

In the same way, scientists in the SW galaxy may have postulated, and are researching the existence of the fundamental particles of the Force.

Again, pure speculation, with no backing canon evidence, but, given the fundamental nature of scientists, that would make sense.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Purple wrote:
Galvatron wrote:I don't mind technology that can only be operated by telekinesis, but I don't like the idea of technology being able to detect the Force itself. It's bad enough that a blood sample made a person's Force-sensitivity measurable, but compounding that with Force-detection technology will only make things worse. What's next, the Force Particle? Is that what we want?
Because it demystifies the Force and I'm a Star Wars fan. It's no more or less "personal" to me than anything else that I like or dislike about it.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Galvatron wrote:
Purple wrote:
Because it demystifies the Force and I'm a Star Wars fan. It's no more or less "personal" to me than anything else that I like or dislike about it.
I consider my self a Star Wars fan. Well sort of. I don't care much for the old EU or the new EU but I am a fan of everything SW related that hits the cinema. And I personally don't see a problem with demystifying the force. If anything I find it very odd that it would be this mystic unexplained thing when it's a universe that canonically has had millennia of time to try and figure it out.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Purple wrote:
Galvatron wrote:
Purple wrote: Why not? Like you seem to have a really personal reaction to this.
I consider my self a Star Wars fan. Well sort of. I don't care much for the old EU or the new EU but I am a fan of everything SW related that hits the cinema. And I personally don't see a problem with demystifying the force. If anything I find it very odd that it would be this mystic unexplained thing when it's a universe that canonically has had millennia of time to try and figure it out.
I guess this is the point where we'll have to agree to disagree.