Am I the only one...(Force Awakens)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Tychu
Jedi Master

Am I the only one...(Force Awakens)

Post by Tychu »

Am I (and my friend) the only one who thinks Episode VII is the worst Star Wars movie? I think it's a good movie but I'm not understanding the hype for it that the majority of people have.

Here's where it lost points for me. Spoiler
The comedy seems forced. Why is Poe making jokes while talking to Ren while the villagers around him are being rounded up to be killed? The short slapstick between Han and Finn (why are you doing this ::head nod::) is not entertaining... I thought Chewbaccas moments were funny however.

Now we all know that George Lucas can't write dialogue, but he knows how to tell a story. Act 1: set up and introduce your characters, though a battle or conflict in. Act 2: focus on world building and develop your characters. Act 3: the climax/final battle. With this JJ Abrams take, dialogue wasn't cringeworthy but it was all over the place. The new characters weren't fleshed out and we got no world building. I want to know how things work. How did Stsrkiller Base move after it destroyed "New System #1"?
I threw a spoiler cover on just in case.
Believe me, I want to move this movie up past Attack of the Clones; but after two viewings it's still sitting low for me.
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
Gaidin
Sith Devotee

Re: Am I the only one...(Force Awakens)

Post by Gaidin »

You're getting reverse hype. Come back in a week and try to tell me with a serious face it really is worse than every aspect of the Prequel Trilogy.
Tychu
Jedi Master

Re: Am I the only one...(Force Awakens)

Post by Tychu »

Sorry Vympel.

Go ahead and kill this thread. I'll post the message on the FA thread
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean