Random spoiler filled speculation on the new trilogy

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Random spoiler filled speculation on the new trilogy

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Given that spoiler tags don't currently work I put this in its own thread rather than the main TFA thread. Anyway, I was thinking about a few loosely related concepts with regard to the upcoming Captain America movie and how it would be interesting to see Jedi vs Jedi as an idea in the new films.

One possibility that came to me is that Rey and Finn end up on opposite sides of a conflict involving what to do about Kylo. Rey is the most powerful of the three and they end up in a three way duel in which Rey wants to kill Kylo, Kylo wants to kill Rey and Finn doesn't want either to die. Rey's motivation is revenge for whomever Kylo kills in TFA, while Finn considers it possible for him to be redeemed based both on the fact that he was a former stormtrooper and what he eventually learns about Vader also being redeemed.

A conflict could be over the issue of Kylo's possible redemption. Because he was a disciple of Darth Vader, if he realized that Vader had returned to the light as his last actions he might attempt the same. He could ultimately sacrifice himself against either his master or the Dark Side itself, if the rumors about the wellspring of the Dark Side being a part of these new films are true.