Anyone watching LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales on Disney XD?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Anyone watching LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales on Disney XD?

Post by Galvatron »

This show is hilarious. I recommend it hightly, especially if you want to see Disney openly making fun of the prequels just as much as any RedLetterMedia video. :lol:

Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Re: Anyone watching LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales on Disney XD?

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Galvatron wrote:This show is hilarious. I recommend it hightly, especially if you want to see Disney openly making fun of the prequels just as much as any RedLetterMedia video. :lol:

The third and fourth episodes made fun of the OT just as much.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Oh I know, but OT fans have an actual thick skin and can take it. They were good movies despite whatever flaws they had.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Seems to me that both sides of the Prequels debate have pretty thin skins.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I have yet to an OT fan so thin skinned that they were compelled to write a 108-page essay defending TPM from mean old Mr. Plinkett. :lol:

http://thestarwarstrilogy.com/starwars/ ... ace-review
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Yeah. This can't possibly have anything to do with the World Wide Web not being around when the OT happened.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I can imagine that ROTJ would have been controversial if the web existed back in 1983. People still hate the Ewoks to this day.

The Special Editions were produced during the internet age though and they got plenty of complaints.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Do you really have nothing better to do than harp on about PT fans and how much they suck?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Esquire
Jedi Council Member

Post by Esquire »

Here, on a site called stardestroyer.net? No, not really. :D
“Heroes are heroes because they are heroic in behavior, not because they won or lost.” Nassim Nicholas Taleb
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

RogueIce wrote:Do you really have nothing better to do than harp on about PT fans and how much they suck?
I have plenty of other posts in other threads that have nothing to do with PT fans and how much they suck.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Galvatron wrote:I have yet to an OT fan so thin skinned that they were compelled to write a 108-page essay defending TPM from mean old Mr. Plinkett. :lol:

To be absolutely fair to Jim, Red Letter Media is unwatchable drek and incredibly stupid. I mean, he got a little long-winded, but he wasn't wrong. :P
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Rogue 9 wrote:
Galvatron wrote:I have yet to an OT fan so thin skinned that they were compelled to write a 108-page essay defending TPM from mean old Mr. Plinkett. :lol:

To be absolutely fair to Jim, Red Letter Media is unwatchable drek and incredibly stupid. I mean, he got a little long-winded, but he wasn't wrong. :P
Didn't Jim only write his response because RLM kept being cited as some sort of authority despite being horribly wrong on quite a lot ?

Or at least that's the impression I got from our thread on the rebuttal. I've never watched RLM's videos or read the rebuttal. But I don't remember being impressed by any of the people showing up to try and defend RLM.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

I still have the rebuttal saved on my computer. And yes, he wrote it because RLM kept being cited despite being horribly wrong (and stupid). I've watched bits of the review, but as I said, it's unwatchable drek; I cannot bear to sit through it.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

I have a question for you Galvatron. Given that you feel a 108 page essay is long enough that you can make judgements on it from the length alone, how long do you think a point by point rebuttal to Plinkett's video should be ?
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Rogue 9 wrote:I still have the rebuttal saved on my computer. And yes, he wrote it because RLM kept being cited despite being horribly wrong (and stupid). I've watched bits of the review, but as I said, it's unwatchable drek; I cannot bear to sit through it.
Even if you think the prequels are terrible cinema, those videos are so much worse I can't believe they were ever considered worth watching.

I would rather watch three hours of nothing but Jar Jar antics and nine year old Anakin than any of his videos.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

bilateralrope wrote:

I have a question for you Galvatron. Given that you feel a 108 page essay is long enough that you can make judgements on it from the length alone, how long do you think a point by point rebuttal to Plinkett's video should be ?
I think it should have remained undignified by a serious response, let alone that 108-page embarrassment.
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Galvatron wrote:
bilateralrope wrote:

I think it should have remained undignified by a serious response, let alone that 108-page embarrassment.
So your preferred response to a lie that keeps being repeated by people who believe it is to ignore it ?
Wouldn't that only let the lie get stronger because nobody is presenting any credible descenting view, but RLM fanboys keep repeating the lie ?

For example, the fanboy you linked to who decided to write a blog post in 2014 to respond to something published in 2011 that he had trouble finding a copy of.

How exactly is that document an embarrassment ?
I will then use your reasoning to decide how embarrassing you linking to that blog post is.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

RLM's video is basically one big movie review telling the world why TPM disappointed him. Where's the big "lie" that necessitated a 108-page essay to refute?

The blog post that I linked to may have been more recent, but it made headlines on other sites when Jim wrote it. It's no less embarrassing now than it was then because of how serious it was.