[SD.net EU Database] Aftermath

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Re: [SD.net EU Database] Aftermath

Post by Galvatron »

Abacus wrote:I'm having the hardest time getting through this book. The writing is just...just so, so hard to chew through.
Agreed. This is the hardest Star Wars novel to slog through since I read Children of the Jedi.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Galvatron wrote:
Abacus wrote:I'm having the hardest time getting through this book. The writing is just...just so, so hard to chew through.
Agreed. This is the hardest Star Wars novel to slog through since I read Children of the Jedi.
It's really worse than any of the NJO and beyond stories? That really is terrible. Unless you just didn't read them.
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

I've read every SW EU book except for the "Crystal Star" book. Believe me, this is the hardest I've yet come across. Hell, I'd prefer going back and reading Darksaber compared to this crap.
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Abacus wrote:I've read every SW EU book except for the "Crystal Star" book. Believe me, this is the hardest I've yet come across. Hell, I'd prefer going back and reading Darksaber compared to this crap.
Guess I'm definitely going with a film purist perspective for the new EU. Looks like the new really is the same as the old.
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

I will say that the new Tarkin book is good. I quite liked it, though I'm wary of the idea of trying to find anything that might be used as either justification or a humanization of Tarkins actions in the film.
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I liked Tarkin a lot. This new book isn't so much bad is it's focused on people we're not familiar with. I want to skip to all the parts with the Imperial delegates squabbling over the future of the Empire so I can at least get an understanding of how this all fits in with TFA.
amigocabal
Jedi Knight

Post by amigocabal »

This does beg the question of why the Imperials did not reconvene the Senate in order to appoint a new Emperor. (Though the Force Awakens seems to imply that one or more moffs decided to form their own splinter empires.)