Han will reshoot first?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Magashi
Redshirt

Han will reshoot first?

Post by Magashi »

https://www.amazon.com/author/jerrythompsonjr

"Warp Field Stabilized." ~ The Arbitur Tribunal

"On a mountain of skulls, in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!" ~ Prince Vigo the Carpathian. Also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Re: Han will reshoot first?

Post by Borgholio »

I will buy the digital edition just for this reason alone. Han shooting first is a critical portion of his character development. All the other Special Edition fluff I actually kinda like, but the Han vs Greedo scene needs to be but back the way it was.
You will be assimilated...bunghole!
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

The article has been updated to state that Australians buying the digital edition report that the rumor is not true; Greedo still takes that stupid missed shot.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Didn't Lucas ordered the original tape destroyed after making Special Edition?

And anyway, if there's is something wrong with SE, I'd say that 'young Jabba' crap ranks up there with Greedo shooting first. Can we go back to his old bouncer? And delete Boba Fett from that scene too? Thanks :wtf:
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Didn't Lucas ordered the original tape destroyed after making Special Edition?
I think that's a myth. I bought a special set that contained both the original and special editions all in one box. This was several years ago but still long after the special edition was made.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Borgholio wrote:I think that's a myth. I bought a special set that contained both the original and special editions all in one box. This was several years ago but still long after the special edition was made.
If you mean 2006 box, Wiki suggests it was just bad copy of 1993 laserdiscs, and master tape is indeed gone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ch ... VD_release
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

Irbis wrote:
Borgholio wrote:I think that's a myth. I bought a special set that contained both the original and special editions all in one box. This was several years ago but still long after the special edition was made.
If you mean 2006 box, Wiki suggests it was just bad copy of 1993 laserdiscs, and master tape is indeed gone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ch ... VD_release
Odd how I never noticed any poor quality images in the original edition discs...at least compared to the VHS versions.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

Borgholio wrote:Odd how I never noticed any poor quality images in the original edition discs...at least compared to the VHS versions.
Well, Laserdisc WAS better than VHS, it just fallen short of good DVD and (especially) HD sources. If they massaged it a bit, it might look passable. Or, alternatively, the special edition was badly done (see incorrect colors debacle) and the laserdisc doesn't look that bad compared to it.
Borgholio
Sith Acolyte

Post by Borgholio »

see incorrect colors debacle
You mean where Luke's lightsaber is green instead of blue? Yeah...
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Any word whether the scene is in or optional for the Entire Saga Bluray set?
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
jwl
Jedi Master

Post by jwl »

Irbis wrote:Didn't Lucas ordered the original tape destroyed after making Special Edition?
It doesn't matter. I have a VHS of movie including Han shooting first, if they really want to include it, they could just do restoration on mine and publish it. Never mind the thousands of other people who have the same. Or they could just edit the cut again so han shoots first, it wouldn't be that difficult.
Irbis
Jedi Council Member

Post by Irbis »

jwl wrote:I have a VHS of movie including Han shooting first, if they really want to include it, they could just do restoration on mine and publish it.
Well, sure, if you want sudden explosion of people calling their TV/bluray/new SW discs are defective. Even DVDs look bad on HD television, I don't want to imagine people complaining after seeing sub-SD picture.
Or they could just edit the cut again so han shoots first, it wouldn't be that difficult.
If old master tape is gone, Greedo shooting first is literally burned onto new master now. It's a lot easier to add something to picture than to remove it, sure, it can be done, but it won't look like the old, unaltered sequence.
Tychu
Jedi Master

Post by Tychu »

They would just need to make the Likited Edition Theatrical Edition DVDs the masters. I have them and I'm keeping them!
"Boring Conversation anyway" Han Solo

"What kinda archeologist carries a weapon........Bad Example" Colonel Jack O'Neil

"My name is Olo... Hans Olo" -Dr. Daniel Jackson

"Well you did make the Farmingdale Run in less than 12 parsecs" --Personal Quote

"Just popped out for lunch" - Rowan Atkinson as Mr. Bean
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

Tychu wrote:They would just need to make the Likited Edition Theatrical Edition DVDs the masters. I have them and I'm keeping them!
Aren't they lower quality than even the 2004 DVDs?