First Excerpt from "A New Dawn"

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

RogueIce
_______

First Excerpt from "A New Dawn"

Post by RogueIce »

"A New Dawn" Excerpt

I haven't had the chance to go through it yet, but it looks like the first 70 pages of the first book from the new EU has been released.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Havok
Miscreant

Re: First Excerpt from "A New Dawn"

Post by Havok »

It's pretty disappointing to see a "professional" cover with artwork I did for my own characters when I was in high school. I'm scared to read the actual story. :lol:

Man I gotta see if I can find it.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

The problem clearly is that the characters are from the upcoming Star Wars Rebels cartoon, so they have to half-realistic for the characters to even look human, and half-cartoon character for the characters to even be recognizable.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Having read it, I've got to say 'not bad' I find it amusing that both the first novels of the old EU (Splinter of the Mind's Eye) and the new one have the evils of mine overseers as a theme.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth