Star Wars invades Thomas Kincaid paintings

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Star Wars invades Thomas Kincaid paintings

Post by FaxModem1 »

Adweek
Star Wars Imperial Forces Invade Thomas Kinkade Paintings Quaint cottage? It's a trap! By David Griner

October 31, 2013, 12:19 PM EDT

This is one of the better creative mashups we've seen in a while. Artist Jeff Bennett has invaded the cloying world of Thomas Kinkade with the full might of the Galactic Empire. In a series Bennett is calling Wars on Kinkade, the Painter of Light's ethereally bland landscapes come under the iron fist of Star Wars storm troopers, Imperial Star Destroyers and Hoth-crushing AT-ATs. For more like this, check out the gallery of Star Wars characters blended with fine art from earlier this month. Via Tiefighters.com.
Poor Kincaid painting world, the Empire found them.

Full on gallery link

I think my favorite is this one: Link
Boeing 757
Padawan Learner
Location: Εν ενί γαλαξία μένω, ον συ ου δύνασαι ευρείν χωρίς διαστημικού οχήματος.

Re: Star Wars invades Thomas Kincaid paintings

Post by Boeing 757 »

Somebody in that house must have REALLY pissed Lord Vader off.
Omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium.

Kritisches Denken schützt vor Illusionen.

Παν μέτρον άριστον τῷ κρατίστῳ.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

These are all rather awesome but is it just me or does this one with AT-ATs seem out of scale? They should be taller.

Also in the nitpicker's department, Imp-Stars never enter atmosphere. It also seems somewhat excessive to send a pair of star destroyers for the image above

Iroscato
Jedi Council Member

Post by Iroscato »

Boeing 757 wrote:Somebody in that house must have REALLY pissed Lord Vader off.
Well, it DOES appear to be daytime, and they still have the lights on. That alone justifies to use of extreme force by our mighty empire.
Yeah, I've always taken the subtext of the Birther movement to be, "The rules don't count here! This is different! HE'S BLACK! BLACK, I SAY! ARE YOU ALL BLIND!?

- Raw Shark

Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent.

- SirNitram (RIP)
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Adamskywalker007 wrote:Also in the nitpicker's department, Imp-Stars never enter atmosphere.
Are you sure about that? In the battle of Coruscant (one of those dreadful Stackpole books) the ISDs clearly engage from inside the planetary shield.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

and when you consider that Victory and Venator classes are capable of Atmospheric flight it would seem odd that Imperator/Imperial class isn't. Also doesn't the ISD in Force Unleashed show limited Atmospheric capabilities.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

new wallpaper
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Freak'n awesome and now all over my FB.

edit: Oooooh, wall paper? Good call.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
aussiemuscle308
Padawan Learner

Post by aussiemuscle308 »

it looks like someone just plonked star wars images onto some paintings.
========================================
If you believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Thread necromancy detected.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs