Star Wars: Rebels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Post by Burak Gazan »

Um, doesn't Star Wars have the capability to "reprogram" people to a degree? And some droids do seem fairly sapient.
Ultimately, that is irrelevant. Altering the programming on a droid, is not the same level of complexity as mindwiping and implanting new memories in a human or other life form. And anyone sending droids out solo on undercover missions, should have them checked out when they come back down to the smallest microcircuit. This just makes both the rebels, and then the Empire look like retards
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Darth Tanner wrote:
Galvatron wrote:The rebel fleet may not stand a good chance against the Empire through conventional means, but they're certainly vulnerable to guerrilla tactics.
I just remembered its actually 4! Only one of them was probably lost with all hands though - 40-50k imperial casualties for a couple dozen rebels is a pretty successful guerilla campaign.
The Sovereign and the two in Secret Cargo, but what was the fourth? Also, I can't recall any that were convincingly lost with all hands; we know it didn't happen to the Sovereign and the ones in Secret Cargo almost certainly weren't completely destroyed; they'd have made a much bigger deal of it if Governor Pryce and Admiral Konstantine were killed.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

The Sovereign and the two in Secret Cargo, but what was the fourth?
1. Tarkins Star Destoryer (Presume thats the Sovereign) - lightsaber to the reactor - evacuated (but barely, did suggest Star Destroyer crews were much lower than the 40-50k mark as a few shuttles was enough for total evacuation.
2. Star Destroyer receiving returning spy bots - spy bomb in the hanger, detonated likely with all hands lost, or atleast the majority considering the explosions.
3 & 4. Nebula star destroyers, half the ship molten, crew likely mostly suvived intact (atleast the bridge crew did) but ships are likely write offs.

It would be fun to work out the body count of Rebels considering how many stormtroopers, frigates and fighters get swatted.
Get busy living or get busy dying... unless there’s cake.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Oh right, forgot the spy bots. Carry on.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I did like the dialogue and song lifted directly from Annie get your gun.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
AMX
Jedi Knight

Post by AMX »

Darth Tanner wrote: the intel ship getting destroyed was pretty much the only way to resolve that but as eMeM said tracking it back to them and attacking would have been much more believable...
Nah, it's enough to blow a couple of fuses so their computers crash and they lose the unsaved data - and that's something an excessively strong signal may reasonably be able to do.

Also note that Hera says "say goodbye to your memory core" - clearly somebody realised that that trick should only hurt sensitive circuits.
But the ship just had to blow up anyway. :roll:
Darth Tanner
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tanner »

AMX wrote: Nah, it's enough to blow a couple of fuses so their computers crash and they lose the unsaved data - and that's something an excessively strong signal may reasonably be able to do.
[/quote]

I think everyone on that ship (well in that intel warfare room) needed to die, they knew the Rebels had the Lothal codes, if they survive the future mission to attack Lothal is compromised... assuming the Empire even changed codes they know are stolen, their security doesnt encourage such confidence.
Get busy living or get busy dying... unless there’s cake.
AMX
Jedi Knight

Post by AMX »

Darth Tanner wrote:I think everyone on that ship (well in that intel warfare room) needed to die, they knew the Rebels had the Lothal codes, if they survive the future mission to attack Lothal is compromised... assuming the Empire even changed codes they know are stolen, their security doesnt encourage such confidence.
I got the impression they destroyed the disk with the codes, so they would have assumed that particular plan had been foiled... but then again, we don't actually see that, so it's possible they didn't.

Come to think of it, they probably didn't.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

My brain just tries to rationalize it as Hera having beamed out some badass INTRUSION COUNTERMEASURE ELECTRONICS or ICEBREAKER that exploited something in the intel ship, breaking through its own ICE or counter-ICE, and messing up with its sensitive high-power emitters that blah blah blah-ed the polarities of its deflector dish and caused its reactors to assplode.

IDK. It's just crazy. An intel ship could handle feedback surely. Even if the Ghost amplified whatever Hera was sending through Chopper. Maybe Zeb's weird ass electro-stick magic thing he did to the Ghost during that INTERSTELLAR-esque Space Odyssey episode to discover the new Lasat homeworld... reversed the polarities of Chopper and the Ghost's midichlorians or whatever.

I DO like the implication that Imperial intel ships, presumably ISB, can do really long-ranged hacking shit. That's cool.

The assplosion really wasn't tho.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

The ship was crewed exclusively by Lobots, wasn't it?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Galvatron wrote:The ship was crewed exclusively by Lobots, wasn't it?
It certainly looked like all the visible crew were cyborgs.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Maybe that made them (and their ship) especially vulnerable to Hera's tactic?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

OK let's assume these cyborgs are seen by the rest of the Imperial hierarchy as freaks, hence the Boss Lobot's desire to climb the ladder... so maybe they were delegated this crappy rustbucket ship that they themselves had to modify into an ELINT platform (Moff: "hey you guys are super-smart cyborgs right? figure it out! haw-haw!") and so there's like horrible stupid trade-offs since they not only had one... but TWO deflector dishes whose polarities they had to reverse and phase variances they had to modify!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Shroom can make anything work.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

They were the cybernetic equivalent of McHale's navy, freaks ordered to make do with the shitty ELINT ship they HAVE not the ELINT ship they want, stop whining! So they're desperate for this job because otherwise they were wasting their time bleep-blooping and cyber-digi-snogging with Jawas on the holo-tubules streaming live unreal time Jawa droid unboxings and disassemblies or Sandcrawler dashcam footage or whatever and just compulsively ordering surplus shit from Wattos and like this was their ONE BIG CHANCE to be Moffs and get rewarded their own personal planet or asteroid belt or lifetime coupons for Wanna Wungas or whatever and they SCREWED IT UP! In this story, Hera's the Tim Curry.

+previously their INTRUSION COUNTERMEASURE ELECTRONICS and ICEBREAKERS failed to crack open Dash Rendar's shoulderpads so they got even more demoted! And the third radar dish of their ship got re-appropriated to Vader's favorite Snowtroopers for their annual winter-lympics!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Thanas wrote:I did like the dialogue and song lifted directly from Annie get your gun.
My nephew looked at me like I was insane when I laughed at that. Kids.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:They were the cybernetic equivalent of McHale's navy, freaks ordered to make do with the shitty ELINT ship they HAVE not the ELINT ship they want, stop whining! So they're desperate for this job because otherwise they were wasting their time bleep-blooping and cyber-digi-snogging with Jawas on the holo-tubules streaming live unreal time Jawa droid unboxings and disassemblies or Sandcrawler dashcam footage or whatever and just compulsively ordering surplus shit from Wattos and like this was their ONE BIG CHANCE to be Moffs and get rewarded their own personal planet or asteroid belt or lifetime coupons for Wanna Wungas or whatever and they SCREWED IT UP! In this story, Hera's the Tim Curry.

+previously their INTRUSION COUNTERMEASURE ELECTRONICS and ICEBREAKERS failed to crack open Dash Rendar's shoulderpads so they got even more demoted! And the third radar dish of their ship got re-appropriated to Vader's favorite Snowtroopers for their annual winter-lympics!
It would have been less retarded if the chief lobot had been so distracted that he spilled his coffee on the pilot's lap, causing him to accelerate into an asteroid.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

That would have been the best. Like Klingon revenge, blue milk is best served cold!

This is why Galen kept blue milk at home in case of ISB Lobots trying to intercept his transmissions. It wards away Lobots!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Flight Recorder
Youngling

Post by Flight Recorder »

Am I the only one bothered by the overly long bridge-necks of the star destroyers in this series?
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Flight Recorder wrote:Am I the only one bothered by the overly long bridge-necks of the star destroyers in this series?
You're not. But as has been noted, it's a stylistic thing. They're meant to represent cinematic Star Destroyers in a stylized, McQuarrie-ish fashion.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

McQuarrie's original concept art had ISDs look like that?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:McQuarrie's original concept art had ISDs look like that?
See for yourself.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

...that doesn't show me how the conning towers are.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:...that doesn't show me how the conning towers are.

The one in the background has a pretty tall tower...
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Galvatron wrote:
Shroom Man 777 wrote:McQuarrie's original concept art had ISDs look like that?
See for yourself.
Well, if one is to be technical, that's concept art for TESB (the blockade of Hoth) and not the original concept art as in being concept art for ANH. However, the angle of the neck does seem a bit steeper compared with the ANH model.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I couldn't find a single example of his concept art for the star destroyer besides that one.

If it's really for TESB, however, then it shows that McQuarrie's art remained stylistically exaggerated even after the model makers designed the original star destroyer for ANH.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:...that doesn't show me how the conning towers are.
How about now?