Star Wars: Rebels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Post by Zixinus »

It is a demonstration of ruthlesness. Thrawn usually did not take kindly to those whose ego overrode his orders.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

Am I the only one realizing that Thrawn is making use of the time-honored Xanatos Gambit?

(a) They fail to capture the TIE-D and get captured, I win.
(b) They capture the TIE-D and let me test it in a combat situation, I win.
(c) They escape without attempting to capture the TIE-D and testing/production continues, I win.

He's always been using that as a method, especially back in the original Thrawn trilogy, when he made the attack on the Sluis Van Shipyards.
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

Also, I'm not particularly happy with the depiction that they've made of Rukh. Far too simian and less reptilian, in my opinion.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Abacus wrote: 2017-11-14 09:30am Am I the only one realizing that Thrawn is making use of the time-honored Xanatos Gambit?
Looks up the definition of Xanatos Gambit....

(a) I see that you're going to try to get my blockade TIE/D will kill you, I win.
(b) I see you took out my ground defenses you won't get past my blockade, I win.
(c) I see you got in past my blockade, meet my wall of TIEs in the clouds, I win.

Yeah it fits well
Bullets always have the right of away
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

As a side note to put me on large interest in movie tropes
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

I'm sorry, but I was sure I ordered double on the sarcasm. All I'm seeing is maybe a single.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Mid-season trailer.

The season resumes February 19th.
Spoiler
Thrawn ordering a "full scale bombardment of the city" is worrisome. I'm afraid they'll show a piss-ant thing unworthy of vessels capable of BDZ.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

You may be right
Spoiler
The stuff shown, looks less destructive than a raid in the Battle of Britain..
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

The season finale is confirmed 90 minutes long. Of course, that will count as three episodes for the episode count of the season, so we're in for a really short second half. Explains why they're pushing it off to the end of February.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2018-01-19 03:28pm Mid-season trailer.

The season resumes February 19th.
Spoiler
Thrawn ordering a "full scale bombardment of the city" is worrisome. I'm afraid they'll show a piss-ant thing unworthy of vessels capable of BDZ.
They clearly are. Season 4 of this show has been garbage in so many more significant ways though.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
CaoCao
Youngling

Post by CaoCao »

Two new episodes already aired. So far, so good.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Well, at least they finally killed someone off. Far too late to save Season 4, however. But if they kill off Sabine and Ezra, I might re-evaluate.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

They could have done better right after, with letting Zeb FINISH the job on Rukh, instead of the retard-graffiti
Sigh
And don't get me started on ''wolves''
Was good though, to see an ANGRY, really menacing Thrawn. That's the guy we've wanted to see for way too long
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Losing the fuel depot being that crippling is... interesting. Like, it means they can't easily just bring in more fuel.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2018-02-22 05:13pm Losing the fuel depot being that crippling is... interesting. Like, it means they can't easily just bring in more fuel.
it's probably not just loosing the fuel but also the place to store it and Sabine also mentioned signs of collateral damage on factories, when she checked the imperial network.

Essentially even if the empire could bring more fuel to Lothal they'd have no place to store it (at least no place in the capital), also it seems that Thrawn is competing with others for resources so it might not mean that the Empire has literally no fuel they could easily bring to Lothal but rather that brinning that fuel (which would be a non-insignifigant amount based on the size of those containers) would be seen as waste of logistical resources better used elsewhere like on project "Stardust" for example.

Not to mention the logistical resources needed to rebuild the depot and repair the factories, in other words Governor Price's actions hurt Thrawn more then it would seem at first glance.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

It is probably a rare kind of fuel where getting more of it would be non-trivial. The fact that the factory cannot run without it is pretty damn big. In of itself it might not be a big issue, but combined with all the other setbacks with the Tie Defender and it is easy to see why that project would be pushed off the table and with it, Thrawn's standing.

As for Kanan, I thought those guys already had a relationship going and were just keeping it on the low brim. Although I knew they were going towards this direction pretty much since they had started little moments throughout the season.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Burak Gazan wrote: 2018-02-22 08:48am They could have done better right after, with letting Zeb FINISH the job on Rukh, instead of the retard-graffiti
Sigh
And don't get me started on ''wolves''
Was good though, to see an ANGRY, really menacing Thrawn. That's the guy we've wanted to see for way too long
Finally angry Thrawn
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I liked what they did with Rukh. Killing him would only have reaffirmed something the Imperials already know anyway-'we can and will kill your operatives'. This said 'We don't fear you. You can have this guy back, because if he's the best you can do, you're in for some trouble'
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

You may be right, but if my friend had just died, and this bitch is holding a parade - for WHATEVER retard reason -- I'd have sent Rukh's HEAD back on a spike mounted between the handlebars. And wired with a very large thermal detonator. But I'm a mean, implacable bastard, who thinks more like Saw... :twisted:
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I would have crippled him to prevent him coming back gunning for revenge. They'll probably heal that, even if you chopped off his limbs, but that too would have sent a message.
Credo!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Batman is right, killing Rukh would have been pointless the empire has countless agents so Rukh is replaceble and boobytrapping his body would have been worse then useless as in worst case scenario a lot innocents would been caught in the blast giving the empire a major propaganda victory. short of dressing Governor Price in fetish outfit and dumping her in a place where everyone could see her, the rebels couldn't have undermined the imperial authority on Lothal any more effectively then by sending Rukh's passed out form smeared in paint (and possibly with the rebel logo in him) as Batman it send the messege of "we're not afraid of you, here's you minion back he wasn't even worth killing".
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

dressing Governor Price in fetish outfit and
Thanks, for that image.... :P

Now, maybe Sabine... :mrgreen:
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Saw today Newest episodes yep they killed him off no chance for Revival
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Rip Caden Garvis/Dune
DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Post by DarthPooky »

Spoiler
This last episode also hade the first canon on screen appearance of time travel in Star Wars. :o