Star Wars: Rebels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Post by Galvatron »

I'm pretty sure the Battlefront multiplayer scenarios aren't canon.
Reyvan
Youngling

Post by Reyvan »

I can't cite my source because this was a long time ago, but I remember there was a statement that the events depicted in battlefront aren't canon, but the appearances are. So that walker battle on Sullust doesn't necessarily happen, but that is Sullust's canon look.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Pretty much. The Death Star scenario in Battlefront is nothing like the Battle of Yavin either.
Vance
Youngling

Post by Vance »

I was somewhat surprised by the firepower of sentry droids, from modified E 11 blaster rifles no less. The door appears to have severed in four places and blasted apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zjZKwBE57w

https://youtu.be/UqxnQZDRF4g?t=141
BlasTech.info
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The droid being articulated by hydraulics probably means that their weapons also come with a huger power source, or at least something more than what the average meatbag infantry can carry on their person.

And like those droids' programming might not give a fuck about getting shouted at by a commanding officer chewing their asses for wrecking Imperial property that costs more than they do!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
texanmarauder
Padawan Learner

Post by texanmarauder »

Reyvan wrote:I can't cite my source because this was a long time ago, but I remember there was a statement that the events depicted in battlefront aren't canon, but the appearances are. So that walker battle on Sullust doesn't necessarily happen, but that is Sullust's canon look.
lol I laugh when people tell me that all this that and the other in battlefront are canon. even the developers said that its only canon in that the named characters and locations are from the canon sw. for example, they put shields on an AT-AT walker that require Y-wing bombing runs to take down before they can be damaged. that is totally contracted by ESB and SWR. the only place I have seen shields put on walkers before was the wookiepedia synopsis of "zero hour" and even then we don't actually see shields or even shield effects and its never stated in the show. its canon where its canon and non canon where its non canon. simple as that.
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

Star Wars Battlefront: Twilight Company *is* canon...however the game Battlefront is not, at least not entirely.

Sources

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/29/ ... omplicated
http://battlefront.wikia.com/wiki/Canon
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battlefr ... ht_Company
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Raesene
Jedi Master

Post by Raesene »

new trailer for season 4:

starts October 16th.

the first trailer:

"In view of the circumstances, Britannia waives the rules."

"All you have to do is to look at Northern Ireland, [...] to see how seriously the religious folks take "thou shall not kill. The more devout they are, the more they see murder as being negotiable." George Carlin

"We need to make gay people live in fear again! What ever happened to the traditional family values of persecution and lies?" - Darth Wong
"The closet got full and some homosexuals may have escaped onto the internet?"- Stormbringer

FedRebel
Jedi Master

Post by FedRebel »

Reyvan wrote: 2017-04-29 11:12pm I can't cite my source because this was a long time ago, but I remember there was a statement that the events depicted in battlefront aren't canon, but the appearances are. So that walker battle on Sullust doesn't necessarily happen, but that is Sullust's canon look.
Cutscenes and base setting are canon, gameplay is not

Who, What, Where = Canon
How = Not Canon
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

FedRebel wrote: 2017-09-05 08:38am
Reyvan wrote: 2017-04-29 11:12pm I can't cite my source because this was a long time ago, but I remember there was a statement that the events depicted in battlefront aren't canon, but the appearances are. So that walker battle on Sullust doesn't necessarily happen, but that is Sullust's canon look.
Cutscenes and base setting are canon, gameplay is not

Who, What, Where = Canon
How = Not Canon
even if that's not the canon policy, not having gameplay as canon (at least for 100% multiplayer game) will be tricky to say the least as for example the walker assault portion of the battle of Sullust can be crushing rebel defeat, a crushing imperial defeat or anything between depending teams involved.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
SAMAS
Mecha Fanboy

Post by SAMAS »

Season 4 has begun with a two-parter, Heroes of Mandalore.
Not an armored Jigglypuff

"I salute your genetic superiority, now Get off my planet!!" -- Adam Stiener, 1st Somerset Strikers
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Bo-Katan's voice actress is... I don't know, but I'm not buying the character. She just sounds bored all the time, progressing to bored and mildly irritated when she's supposed to be angry.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

It's odd about Thrawn giving conditions about apprehending Sabine, considering that condition in the season 3 finale is part of why he took heavy losses fighting the Rebels and didn't achieve a total victory.
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2017-10-19 09:27pm It's odd about Thrawn giving conditions about apprehending Sabine, considering that condition in the season 3 finale is part of why he took heavy losses fighting the Rebels and didn't achieve a total victory.
Yes, but that was for Tarkin's political statement. He took the risk here because without Sabine, they evidently couldn't make the weapon work right.

Though I'm surprised Tiber Saxon actually believed that it was a simple matter of pressing some buttons when she pretended to do what he wanted.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2017-10-19 10:47pm
FaxModem1 wrote: 2017-10-19 09:27pm It's odd about Thrawn giving conditions about apprehending Sabine, considering that condition in the season 3 finale is part of why he took heavy losses fighting the Rebels and didn't achieve a total victory.
Yes, but that was for Tarkin's political statement. He took the risk here because without Sabine, they evidently couldn't make the weapon work right.

Though I'm surprised Tiber Saxon actually believed that it was a simple matter of pressing some buttons when she pretended to do what he wanted.
I got the impression that Tiber Saxon wasn't exactly the brightest person around (aka he was an utter moron) who really only got the job because of his fanatical loyality (or at least seeming to be so) and without a the super weapon that specifically targeted mandalorians he would had 0 chances of holding Mandalore.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Rogue 9 wrote: 2017-10-19 10:47pmThough I'm surprised Tiber Saxon actually believed that it was a simple matter of pressing some buttons when she pretended to do what he wanted.
Thing is, Sabine did increase the range by pressing a few buttons. While making it target stormtroopers by pressing other buttons.

My guess is that he was able to get hold of it because the Empire backed up the plans to somewhere Sabine couldn't reach. Plans that didn't include configuration instructions.
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Post by Kojiro »

Is there any reason Sabine wouldn't recreate that device but hardwire it to only murder Imperial troops?
Dragon Clan Veritech
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

Kojiro wrote: 2017-10-23 04:32am Is there any reason Sabine wouldn't recreate that device but hardwire it to only murder Imperial troops?
Haven't watched the episodes yet, but it might be that the weapon reacts to the Beskar in Mandalorian armor... and I believe Mandalorians are the only ones who use it. Imperial armor instead is made out of plastoid compound that might be used widely including civilian applications.

So it's either a very selective weapon against Mandalorians, or an indiscrimite weapon against anyone but Mandalorians.

And going by the trailer it seems the weapon is an Area-of-Effect weapon and cannot be targeted at a specific object.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

tezunegari wrote: 2017-10-23 05:10am
Kojiro wrote: 2017-10-23 04:32am Is there any reason Sabine wouldn't recreate that device but hardwire it to only murder Imperial troops?
Haven't watched the episodes yet, but it might be that the weapon reacts to the Beskar in Mandalorian armor... and I believe Mandalorians are the only ones who use it. Imperial armor instead is made out of plastoid compound that might be used widely including civilian applications.

So it's either a very selective weapon against Mandalorians, or an indiscrimite weapon against anyone but Mandalorians.

And going by the trailer it seems the weapon is an Area-of-Effect weapon and cannot be targeted at a specific object.
You're mostly correct
Bullets always have the right of away
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Post by Kojiro »

tezunegari wrote: 2017-10-23 05:10am So it's either a very selective weapon against Mandalorians, or an indiscrimite weapon against anyone but Mandalorians.
The episode shows us that's not the case. Ezra and Kanaan are just fine- well Ezra is as soon as he takes off the Imperial helmet he's wearing. They most certain are not wearing Mandalorian armour. The device seems very specifically to target the Imperials.
Dragon Clan Veritech
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Kojiro wrote: 2017-10-23 09:19am
tezunegari wrote: 2017-10-23 05:10am So it's either a very selective weapon against Mandalorians, or an indiscrimite weapon against anyone but Mandalorians.
The episode shows us that's not the case. Ezra and Kanaan are just fine- well Ezra is as soon as he takes off the Imperial helmet he's wearing. They most certain are not wearing Mandalorian armour. The device seems very specifically to target the Imperials.
Do either of them wear armor though, it targets armor after all not people and Ezra at least was wearing what's essentially a civilian clothes and it's not like there's any armored personel that aren't imperials or mandos present so we can't say it wouldn't target non-imperials that are wearing armor. Then there's the that imperial tech isn't that different from rebel/civilian tech so using the weapon anywhere but Mandalore (or possible even in the more developed areas of Mandalore) would cause massive collateral damage.

Also if the weapon happens to target some special substance present in imperial gear but not in rebel or civilian equipment there's nothing preventing the imperials from changing their gear, remember why that weapon was so devestating was in big part due to cultural signifigance of the mandalorian armor.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Kojiro wrote: 2017-10-23 09:19am
Stormtrooper armor it's basically a plastic Palmer
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, we're seeing Saw descending slowly towards the insane nut he was in Rogue One. I do have to ask how realistic or idiotic Mon Mothma is being with her rebellion. A Senate solution, as we know, won't happen, because Palpatine is going to dissolve it soon. Was the removal of the Senate supposed to be a sudden move, or something that the writing was on the wall for a long time and the Rebel leader was deluding herself?
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Rogue One pretty much showed the elitest fucks of the senate and their upper-crust ilk were perfectly willing to roll over for the Emperor as long as their asses were safe. It was all the dirty, little people who were willing to risk ALL to destroy the Empire. Mothma appeared to be willing to remain in that company
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

FaxModem1 wrote: 2017-10-24 12:29am Well, we're seeing Saw descending slowly towards the insane nut he was in Rogue One. I do have to ask how realistic or idiotic Mon Mothma is being with her rebellion. A Senate solution, as we know, won't happen, because Palpatine is going to dissolve it soon. Was the removal of the Senate supposed to be a sudden move, or something that the writing was on the wall for a long time and the Rebel leader was deluding herself?
To me it seemed as though the writing was more or less on the wall but I don't think that she was really kidding herself but she was more on not to go gun hole