So How Do You Kill A Sun Crusher?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Quick reminder that 500 Gs is low end :P

Still I'm not here for an Andromida VS SW debate today so I'll take your word for these things

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

Mr Bean wrote:First let me respond to the people who still have not noticed there are gaps in the hull for the Lasers and such and through those gaps run wirining and power conducits for the guns which happen to conect into the ship with much like when an Lightning Bolt strikes and powerline and fries your computer, An Ion Cannon hit does the same thing that simple,
No Jedi/Black Holes/Giant Fluffy Death Bunnies, Just an Ion Cannon that simple
I'm honored you mentioned me as a Sun Crusher killer.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

I'd figure you tramist an image or somthing and the pilot would scream my eyes my eyes and sweve into a Intersteller Fruit car(If done by Holloywood) Or the Maw if KJA is writing

Or neither if Zahn is, The bunnys would get him, and then there would be a powerful secean right before the bunny jumps

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Crossover_Maniac wrote:
Mr Bean wrote:
A very nasty concussion force. While it won't crack the quantum armor, it will kill the crew and maybe destroy the equipment on board. It's not unlike some instances where a missile hits a tank, not penatrating the armor, but hitting it hard enough to kill or at least give the tank crew a good shaking over.
What are you going to hit it? A School Bus doing .9C?

Seriously though Internal Compesators, The've already demonstated the ability to negate even 500 G turns, And thats on a X-WING

Why bother when Ion Cannons do it just as well?
I was thinking more in the lines of a dreadnought or some other decommisioned Old Republic warship at a fraction of c. BTW: you think 500 g's impressive, just check out the acceleration of Andromeda Ascendant. It can do 170,000 g's. I know you're talking about a 500 g turn and not linear acceleration, but I just wanted to mention it. And, now that I think about it, the Andromeda could do maneuvers that would put the Defiant and Falcon to shame and the Andromeda is larger than an Old Republic dreadnought.
Remeber that the SC is more manueverable than the dreadnaught. You won't get him unless he's been tractored, ionized, or asleep, and if it's a or b then there's no point.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
consequences
Homicidal Maniac

Post by consequences »

how about generating a shield around the Sun crusher that keeps it contained until its supplies and life support run out. We know from ROTJ that a pretty damn big field can be generated some distance away, so lock the little bastard up with interdictors and move in the specially designed shield projecting ships.
LMSx
Jedi Knight

Post by LMSx »

Also though the Outer areas of the hull are very strong I don't think they have two foot neutrinum bulck heads between the Offciers quaters on the way to the Reactor(Though THATS gonna be Armored the Cooling Tanks are not)
:D

"Security is #1!"

Still, a TIE fighter isn't the most durable thing in the universe. Considering the relative size of the SD and SC, moving one or two degrees off course once you enter the outer hull can quickly move you off course. So assuming the guy was really devoted to plowing into a Star Destroyer, he could easily kill the thing. However, a SC plowing through in a random direction isn't going to cause that much damage to the Star Destroyer.

Okay, I've rambled enough. I know what your saying, and I hope you know what I'm saying. :P
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

how about generating a shield around the Sun crusher that keeps it contained until its supplies and life support run out. We know from ROTJ that a pretty damn big field can be generated some distance away, so lock the little bastard up with interdictors and move in the specially designed shield projecting ships.
:roll:
Why are you making it so hard? First a specilised field then specilised ships when any old freken Ion cannon would kill him good?

Still, a TIE fighter isn't the most durable thing in the universe. Considering the relative size of the SD and SC, moving one or two degrees off course once you enter the outer hull can quickly move you off course. So assuming the guy was really devoted to plowing into a Star Destroyer, he could easily kill the thing. However, a SC plowing through in a random direction isn't going to cause that much damage to the Star Destroyer.
Keep in mind though that will send him far of course the point is he can always do another run :D

Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Re: So How Do You Kill A Sun Crusher?

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

Well Bean, why don't you time travel 50,000 years+ into the future and let me know how things have been going then please.

And maybe your right, maybe I'm WAY of track when I say this but you've compared modern day computers difficulty with said physics, and the SW galaxies.

After all, these are people that can say they want to cross the galaxy, and Mr. Advanced SW Computer-in about 20 seconds or so- gives em the OK. These are people can hit little snub fighters (moving at mind boggling speeds) with big bulky turbolasers for goodness sakes. Hell, they've got things the size of an F-18 that can FTL travel.

Your right, these certantly aren't Culture minds, and don't think they necesarily have to be to get some of this stuff down right.

*shrugs* But then again, maybe not. I'm just a simple man, with his simple opinions, trying to have some fun on the boards.
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution