Worst Lucas idea in the prequels? I vote Rule of Two

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

jollyreaper
Jedi Master

Re: Worst Lucas idea in the prequels? I vote Rule of Two

Post by jollyreaper »

The Sith bit is interesting but remember Lucas endlessly recycles names and labels he's taken a favor to. So just because Vader happens to be called a Sith at this point, we still don't know what it meant at that time. At one point Han Solo was a giant, Shrek-like amphibian. Ewoks were mentioned in the early drafts as well but completely changed.

The novel would have been written with as much information as Alan Dean Foster had access to at the time, before the retcons.

What I like seeing is how the original lines from the script are in the novel, before rebelling actors dropped the bits that din't sound right when said out loud. It's always fascinating when you get a look at the creative process, when something that would have been just ok on paper gets turned into something great when put on film. "I hear what you're asking for but I'm going to give you what you need." Yeah, that's better.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Sith was used, and Dark Lord was used a lot, referring to Vader.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Lord Falcon
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Falcon »

Really? The Rule of Two is what you hate the most? Personally, I found the idea of the Jedi imposing the "no-love" on all their members to be the worst idea, only followed by the botched Padme/Anakin romance.