Phantom Menace Poem commercials

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Phantom Menace Poem commercials

Post by FaxModem1 »

These are on the Star Wars DVD, but I thought they were worth bringing up, as Phantom Menace is in theaters. Six commercials, each a small poem narrated by a character, emphasizing who they are.

Darth Maul: Fear

Queen Amidala: Will

Anakin Skywalker: Dream

Shmi Skywalker: Love

Qui Gon Jinn: Destiny

Personally, the Love commercial is my favorite of them.
RogueIce
_______

Re: Phantom Menace Poem commercials

Post by RogueIce »

FaxModem1 wrote:Personally, the Love commercial is my favorite of them.
I'd have to agree. Especially for the use of Shmi's "theme" (I guess it was hers, anyway) that starts at around 0:36 and you hear only a snippet of. I really like that piece of music and it's a shame it was so underused.

Hell, it totally made buying the Ultimate Edition TPM soundtrack just so I could get the full version for myself. :D
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

MAN!!! The fucking Maul one still gives me fucking chills! :D

Such a wasted character. Maul antagonizing and taunting Obi-Wan and Anakin for two more movies would have been so much better than Dooku and Greivous. :(
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I think the Dream one actually makes Jake Lloyd's reading works, as it's Anakin asking the audience, with the naivety the character is supposed to have, while the images are showing that he is in for a surprise and it the question hanging in the air.