AOTC

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

AOTC

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

From this great thread. I think the discussions there deserve to be brought to the fine halls of PSW to be scrutinized by the fine upstanding minds of whoever blah.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:Image

Nute Gunray: "Hey, that guy who keeps hanging around our pal Count Dooku kinda looks familiar. I swear that face is so familiar, where have I seen that before..."

Nute Gunray: "Aha! Your father's DNA was used to create the army of our enemy!"

Boba: "Uhh... My dad liked hookers."
*When questioned by Nute Gunray on why the fuck his hired goon ended up being the progenitor of the fuckoff clone army now ruining the CIS' shit*

Count Dooku: Who knew?

Am I seeing something terribly wronggo? Wouldn't the CIS' leadership ask some questions when they noticed this? Isn't this a big fucking hole in Palpatoid's and Count Dookoids' plan?

Or since the CIS' leadership are all aliens, to them all humans look alike, and so when Nute Gunray looks at Jango, at the clone troops, and at Count Dooku, it's like a human trying to tell a bunch of zebras/hippos/wallabies apart?

General Grievous: "Who knew, all you humans look the same to me!"
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Re: AOTC

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

I'm sure the Seperatists never took the hats off to look at the corpses. And like, Seperatist Intel never did analysis on where these mysterious mass-produced human soldiers came from, and what their attributes are, and what the fuck they look like under their hats.

Yeah, the Seperatist boss men hanging around Count Dooku being so divorced from the fighting that they never see footage or files or whatever showing clone trooper faces, so they never notice that an identical-looking guy was hanging around Dooku, does work.

But god that's stupid. Bringing around the progenitor of the fuckoff clone army on the same balcony as the leadership of the other army the fuckoff clone army is supposed to killfuck is dumb.
Last edited by Shroom Man 777 on 2011-12-06 12:54am, edited 1 time in total.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

It's like Superman.

Put on white spandexy armour, totally different vibe than blue spandexy armour.

TREK EXPLANATION: Clearly they're all retarded.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Since he dies like 20s after that picture is taken, before anyone had any chance to examine the clones, I don't think he minds.

You'd think it would have make Dooky look a bit suspcicious, though.
G1d3on
Redshirt

Post by G1d3on »

My following question will either be the embodiment of understated brilliance or extreme stupidity...
But has the CIS leadership seen Fett without his helmet?

Be gentle. :lol:
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

But in the aftermath of Genosis, you know, like Nute Gunray goes "where the fuck did that army we never saw coming come from" and some Bartholomew Bladelighter goes "forensic analysis of the clone troopers shows a homogeneous mass replication of the same base human template" complete with graphs and pictures and Nute Gunray goes "where have I seen That Guy before... looks so familiar, I swear...".
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

SHROUD OF THE DARKSIDE.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:But in the aftermath of Genosis, you know, like Nute Gunray goes "where the fuck did that army we never saw coming come from" and some Bartholomew Bladelighter goes "forensic analysis of the clone troopers shows a homogeneous mass replication of the same base human template" complete with graphs and pictures and Nute Gunray goes "where have I seen That Guy before... looks so familiar, I swear...".
Thats when Dooky waves his hand and says 'don't you worry about that'.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

So their entire Sith plan was reliant on the CIS leadership to be a bunch of weak-minded fools routinely fucked over with mind tricks? Well, come to think about it...
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba wrote:SHROUD OF THE DARKSIDE.
We could handwave this all away as bad writing. I mean, normally, Star Wars writing is usually so awesome and unbeatable that it can Force choke the blood vessels in people's brains and give them strokes. While on different starships, and through a holoscreen. So, why is this particular writing so shitty? Well, maybe it's because... uhh.... of the Shroud of the Dark Side! Yes. That's it. So this is totally an unusual example of shitty writing that can't be taken as normal, because normally the writing would defeat any other writing it was versusing.
This diminished state of writing with plot holes is, like, totally because of the Shroud of the Dork Side.
Normally this Obi-Wan Jedi-powerful writing quality would be able to Force choke your colon sphincters and make you shit your pants due to its awesome.

The only reason why the Jango Fett Plothole managed to punch the Obi-Wan Jedi Storyline in the face was because of the Shroud of the Dork Side which diminished its preclod.

Yes.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
VF5SS
Sith Devotee

Post by VF5SS »

Can we talk about the romance? I'm a total pansy and like romance.

Jerid x Mouar 4 life
プロジェクトゾハルとは何ですか?
ロボットが好き。
Dooey Jo
Sith Devotee

Post by Dooey Jo »

The "lol all clones are Boba Fetts" thing was always stupid.

But I don't think anyone expects a bounty hunter to be super loyal for decades, so if the commonwealth of independent states leadership would notice the clones all look like that guy who hung out with Dooku for twenty minutes that one day, Dooku would probably say "how should I know what he was up to ten years ago too bad he died lol otherwise we could have interrogated him".
"Nippon ichi, bitches! Boing-boing."
Mai smote the demonic fires of heck...

Faker Ninjas invented ninjitsu
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Yeah, if you're speculating;

Since Dooku was in on 90% of Palpatines scheme, it would be very easy for him to explain to the CIS leadership that after he found out that the Republic was making a secret army, one of the reason's he finally left the Jedi, he sought out the templet to study the man, and finally hired him himself to help fight against the Republic and their secret army of clones.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

"You could have let us in on that whole thing sooner."

"Have you gone senile, Dooku? You let a mang who is so pivotal to the Republic war effort in progenating their clone army (while no doubt himself getting paid shitloads of quatloos) into Geonosis with you, to visit our super secret factory facility, and to shake hands and stand beside our top leadership VIPs."

Apparently conflict of interest is a foreign concept in the super deregulated free market indivisible hand capitalistic system of the Trade Federation and CIS corporatocrats?

Even if Count Dooku could've explained it all away, the fact that awkward questions were raised would still be something to shake the CIS' leadership's confidence in him or at least fuel doubts. Unless Dooku zonked their brains into blind unquestioning subservience, or if they're just idiots in the first place - and these are cheap cop outs.

Trust is an important thing to build when, uh, you're asking these guys to fight an intergalactic war on your behalf and coercing them to follow your orders and make sacrifices.

Also. Dooku wouldn't have had to make these half-assed explanations of yours if he didn't let Jango visit him in Geonosis and thus meet the CIS leadership face to face in the first place. What was Jango doing there in the first place? (I delve into this question in the thread I linked to in the OP too)
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Channel72
Jedi Council Member

Post by Channel72 »

Yeah, we've discussed this issue in earlier threads. I suppose if you stretch your imagination you can think of something Dooku could have done to explain Jango's appearance. But really, the question is WHY is Dooku even risking this? He shouldn't let Jango anywhere near Geonosis, let alone have him strutting around in front of the Separatists.
Knife
Emperor's Hand

Post by Knife »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:"You could have let us in on that whole thing sooner."
Why? Dooku is set up as the head of the CIS. Why would he need to devulge every aspect of the 'plan' at every moment it happens? Especially something that trivial. Really it's trivial, some bounty hunter the Republic hired (even though it was Dooku who did it) 10 years ago for a secret project ended up in Dooku's employ.

You're confusing important plot points with important in universe issues.
"Have you gone senile, Dooku? You let a mang who is so pivotal to the Republic war effort in progenating their clone army (while no doubt himself getting paid shitloads of quatloos) into Geonosis with you, to visit our super secret factory facility, and to shake hands and stand beside our top leadership VIPs."
"I stole away an important Republic asset and turned him into a CIS asset." Usually something seen as a positive.
Apparently conflict of interest is a foreign concept in the super deregulated free market indivisible hand capitalistic system of the Trade Federation and CIS corporatocrats?
LOL, apparently turning enemy assets into a friendly, or using assets with knowledge of enemy assets is somehow a bad thing in Shroom world.
Even if Count Dooku could've explained it all away, the fact that awkward questions were raised would still be something to shake the CIS' leadership's confidence in him or at least fuel doubts. Unless Dooku zonked their brains into blind unquestioning subservience, or if they're just idiots in the first place - and these are cheap cop outs.
Why? America used intell from Ahmed Chalibi for the war, who turned out to be a total douche with his own agenda who gave false info. It was a scandal, but the US governement didn't crash and burn. President Bush wasn't hunted down by the senate and shot on the White House front lawn. Your assertion that because Dooku turned an agent (at best) or outpaid a rival for a source (at worse) that his whole massive government he put together would come crashing down is silly.

It's an important plot point, Jango being the templet for clones, but in universe it is a small matter to current events separated by a decade.
Trust is an important thing to build when, uh, you're asking these guys to fight an intergalactic war on your behalf and coercing them to follow your orders and make sacrifices.
Bwhahahahahahahaha! When has that ever been true in history?
Also. Dooku wouldn't have had to make these half-assed explanations of yours if he didn't let Jango visit him in Geonosis and thus meet the CIS leadership face to face in the first place. What was Jango doing there in the first place? (I delve into this question in the thread I linked to in the OP too)
Easy, "Gentlemen, its a good thing I hired that bounty hunter, so we had an idea of Republic abilities or we probably would not have made it off Geonosis. Our loses were bad, and they had tactical surprise; however, they have now lost their strategic surprise and we'll start our outer rim siege droid swarm strategy to overwhelm these clones using tactics against the known bounty hunter tactics and strategy we know about because I was smart enough to fore see a use of the man."

I think the argument of why the Republic kept the clones who look like a current CIS agent has more validity than the CIS getting all butt hurt over it.
They say, "the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." I suppose it never occurred to them that they are the tyrants, not the patriots. Those weapons are not being used to fight some kind of tyranny; they are bringing them to an event where people are getting together to talk. -Mike Wong

But as far as board culture in general, I do think that young male overaggression is a contributing factor to the general atmosphere of hostility. It's not SOS and the Mess throwing hand grenades all over the forum- Red
Patroklos
Sith Devotee

Post by Patroklos »

Channel72 wrote:Yeah, we've discussed this issue in earlier threads. I suppose if you stretch your imagination you can think of something Dooku could have done to explain Jango's appearance. But really, the question is WHY is Dooku even risking this? He shouldn't let Jango anywhere near Geonosis, let alone have him strutting around in front of the Separatists.
Not to mention he serves no purpose. He was a sperm (or whatever) doner, thats it. His sole worth is to be kept somewhere safe as the brood stock. He is otherwise irrelevant to the plot and has no purpose hob knobing with the leaders of hundreds of millions of worlds/trillions of citizens.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Knife wrote:
Why? Dooku is set up as the head of the CIS. Why would he need to devulge every aspect of the 'plan' at every moment it happens? Especially something that trivial. Really it's trivial, some bounty hunter the Republic hired (even though it was Dooku who did it) 10 years ago for a secret project ended up in Dooku's employ.

You're confusing important plot points with important in universe issues.
He could've avoided potential awkward questions by not needlessly having Jango hang out and high five and butt slap and shower in the same room as Nute Gunray and co.?
"I stole away an important Republic asset and turned him into a CIS asset." Usually something seen as a positive.
LOL, apparently turning enemy assets into a friendly, or using assets with knowledge of enemy assets is somehow a bad thing in Shroom world.
CIS asset for what? Sure, he shot at Amidala a few times (with mutant centipedes at Coruscant, and then at Geonosis I think). But unless the CIS actually knew of the surprise Republic arms buildup and surprise clone army that surprised even the Republic's own shining knight protector Jedis before said arms built-up clone army blew the hell out of your factory world... turns out an intelligence asset that hasn't netted you jack and shit is a pretty crap asset now that you're all surprised and running away from a fuckoff clone army you never knew existed invading the shit out of your factory planet (almost as surprised as you would be if you never had an intelligence asset in the first place).

Nute Gunray: "Hey Dooku, maybe you could've told us about this intelligence asset before the Republic sent those fuckoff clones at us, so we might, you know, be able to 'prepare' for it and gotten ready for this whole war business? Would've been nice to have actually prepared for this surprise clone army, rather than half-assedly scrambling to counter it after they invaded the shit out of us."

Or

"What the hell kind of shit intelligence asset was that? We STILL never knew the Clone Army even existed in the first place until they fucking shat at us with 200 gigaton ICS Acclamators over at Geonosis! Come on!"

If intelligence asset Jango actually netted the CIS some assetful intelligence beforehand, and like the CIS were already preparing for a war against some fuckoff huge clone army that they already knew about before Geonosis and were mobilizing (and only got surprised at Geonosis because they weren't expecting the fuckoff clone force they already knew existed was about to attack at an unexpected time and place so quickly) then, yeah, that would be okay.

If they didn't know anything about the Clone Army before Geonosis/AOTC, then Jango was a pretty shit intelligence asset.
Why? America used intell from Ahmed Chalibi for the war, who turned out to be a total douche with his own agenda who gave false info. It was a scandal, but the US governement didn't crash and burn. President Bush wasn't hunted down by the senate and shot on the White House front lawn. Your assertion that because Dooku turned an agent (at best) or outpaid a rival for a source (at worse) that his whole massive government he put together would come crashing down is silly.
When did I say that it would come crashing down? I think it'd be pretty cool if it didn't crash his government down, but just made Nute Gunray all sorts of pissed and undermine confidence and get space tomatoes thrown at Dooky's face. Or at least, just made some guys ask that question or remark on it or something.

OP: "Wouldn't the CIS' leadership ask some questions when they noticed this?"

Is this little hiccup even acknowledged in the repositories and volumes of the EU's interesting backstories?

It's nagging me. Dooku didn't need to bring Jango to Geonosis in front of his CIS buddies. Yet he did. You'd think it won't pass entirely unremarked. Yet, as far as I know, it did pass unremarked.
It's an important plot point, Jango being the templet for clones, but in universe it is a small matter to current events separated by a decade.
I dunno mang. I think Nute Gunray going "Holy shit Dooks, the guy you had hanging out and chilling with you and us all this time was the grand daddy of that fuckoff clone army that just shot the shit out of us? Daaaaaymmmmnnnn!" and just remarking on that should happen.

Dooks could go like "Hey, yeah, that is a funny thing. It's a small galaxy after all, am i rite?"

And Nutes can go. "Ya rite mang. It's like those times you bump into a guy, but you're not sure if you know that guy, and you dunno what to do cause if you greet the guy but turns out you don't know each other, you'll look stupid, but if you don't greet the guy and it turns out he does know you, you'll look like an ass."

And Dooks can go. "Man that happens all the time to me mang. It's so awkward!"

And Nutes can go "Hey do these Nemoidian robes make me look fat?"

And Dooks can go "No, but your ass does! Hee-hee!"

And Nutes can go all pouty. And Dooks can tell him that wearing black clothes will make him look less fat. And then they can go SHOPPING together! Tee-hee-hee!

Or whatever.
Bwhahahahahahahaha! When has that ever been true in history?
If you're some shadowy overlord appearing out of nowhere and asking a bunch of Nemodian bigwigs to follow your commands in a high risk war against the Republic, it's good to keep them confident about your masterminding chops and not let them doubt you by bringing some useless gun-totting shmuck with significant ties to the enemy, and best to not do this and not let any questions be raised in the first place by not bringing Jangos into the same room as Nute Gunrays?
Easy, "Gentlemen, its a good thing I hired that bounty hunter, so we had an idea of Republic abilities or we probably would not have made it off Geonosis. Our loses were bad, and they had tactical surprise; however, they have now lost their strategic surprise and we'll start our outer rim siege droid swarm strategy to overwhelm these clones using tactics against the known bounty hunter tactics and strategy we know about because I was smart enough to fore see a use of the man."

I think the argument of why the Republic kept the clones who look like a current CIS agent has more validity than the CIS getting all butt hurt over it.
"Gentledooks, if we knew that guy was the grand daddy of the Republic's clone army and actually got useful information out of this, we would've not have been caught off guard by this inexplicable clone army that we never knew even existed until it just kicked our asses all over Geonosis. At the very least, we would've known of the existence of that clone army in the first place!"

Your argument would work if the CIS had foreknowledge of the Republic's massive clonely military buildup. Did the CIS have this foreknowledge in the EUs that I am unfamiliar with? All I'm going with is the movies, which didn't show any indication of that.

If the CIS didn't know of the clone army or shit until after it got its ass kicked at Geonosis, then turns out Jango was a shit source of info and maybe Nute would at least remark on that. He might be as pouty and as sully to Dooku then as he was when Dooku said his ass was fat.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Patroklos wrote:
Channel72 wrote:Yeah, we've discussed this issue in earlier threads. I suppose if you stretch your imagination you can think of something Dooku could have done to explain Jango's appearance. But really, the question is WHY is Dooku even risking this? He shouldn't let Jango anywhere near Geonosis, let alone have him strutting around in front of the Separatists.
Not to mention he serves no purpose. He was a sperm (or whatever) doner, thats it. His sole worth is to be kept somewhere safe as the brood stock. He is otherwise irrelevant to the plot and has no purpose hob knobing with the leaders of hundreds of millions of worlds/trillions of citizens.
Maybe Jango went to Geonosis and posed for pictures together with Count Dooku and the CIS' leadership because he wanted to send some pretty postcards back to Boba's mom.

Oh wait, Boba doesn't have a mom. That's so sad.

:lol:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:
Maybe Jango went to Geonosis and posed for pictures together with Count Dooku and the CIS' leadership because he wanted to send some pretty postcards back to Boba's mom.

Oh wait, Boba doesn't have a mom. That's so sad.

:lol:

Actually, in later literature, Boba Fett says he considered the female Kaminoan that introduced Obi-wan to the 'Fett Family' was like a mom to him.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Knife wrote:
Hell, maybe the Republic didn't even bother to hire him for a secret project, for all anyone in the CIS knows. Maybe they just got a blood sample off him. It might even have happened without his consent: someone tranq-darts him, takes a tissue sample, and starts cloning people from it.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:He could've avoided potential awkward questions by not needlessly having Jango hang out and high five and butt slap and shower in the same room as Nute Gunray and co.?
Or he could've simply thrown the audience a bone and told Jango to keep his fucking helmet on. I think we would have gotten the hint.
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

I have a feeling this is going to lead to a PDF and/or youtube video.
FTeik
Jedi Council Member

Post by FTeik »

Where is the problem? Jango was a mercenary, so nobody would be surprised, if he worked for more than one employer.

Dooku: "Remember that bounty-hunter I hired to kill Amidala?"

Nute Gunray: "Jango ... Fett, wasn't it? He was supposed to be the best in the business."

Dooku: "Yeah, that one. It seems he also served as the template for the Republic's clone-army."

Nute Gunray: "Oh, shit."

Dooku: "Don't soil your robes. Since he constantly failed to kill Amidala, his reputation was probably overrated. In that case we have nothing to fear from his clones."

Nute Gunray: "Well, if you put it that way ... ."
The optimist thinks, that we live in the best of all possible worlds and the pessimist is afraid, that this is true.

"Don't ask, what your country can do for you. Ask, what you can do for your country." Mao Tse-Tung.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Also, what was Jango's purpose of going from Kamino and heading to Geonosis - aside from blowing it all away for Obi-Wan, and to show off his neato seismic charges made out of collapsium?
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!