Jim Raynor wrote:Let's just cut the BS and list what we ALL agree on. Both "sides." Everyone, including me.
1. Some of you believe that the details of the trade dispute constitute the "overall plot" of the movie. Some of you believe that the Trade Fed with a trade franchise having an issue with taxes on trade requires explanation. This was a major topic of argument rehashed again and again over the course of two months, even after some of you admitted that addressing it with a single line like "We won't release your planet until the taxes are repealed" would've done next to nothing to actually change the movie.
2. Some of you believe that a specific, all-important supply must have been named as being cut off by the blockade, otherwise the blockade did "nothing" to the Naboo. One of you had a belief that hunting wildlife and eating (completely unmentioned) stocks of MREs are valid counters to a naval blockade.
3. Some of you think it was mysterious and "unexplained" why a ground invasion to shut down a planet could be the next step of a plan to shut down a planet with a blockade.
4. Some of you claim not to understand why the Trade Fed would deny they had committed military aggression, when their plan went awry and they lacked the legal loophole that they had planned to have.
5. The above is reasonable to you guys, and part of what you believe to be properly "processing fiction." You believe I'm a moron if I think that's an unusual way to view a movie, and that most people don't care about those things nearly as much as they care about the basic story and action.
6. You claim that I am "blindly" supporting this movie for disputing the above, even though I have said again and again that TPM is my least favorite SW movie.
7. On the other hand, *I* believe that it is extremely odd, unhealthy, and embarassing for adult men to carry on in such a fashion week after week.
That's basically what this entire thread has circled around for two months and nearly thirty pages. It's been said over, and over, and over again. THIS is what you guys want to waste time on? Why don't we just leave it there and let people judge who's "blindly" doing what?
There's no point in even trying to respond to any of this, because you insist that it's all subjective whenever anybody actually challenges you. At this point, all that is left is making fun of you, because there's no point in continuing when you'll just pop in to fart all over the thread. So here's my list:
1. You are incapable of understanding the use of hyperbole to make a point.
2. You respond to hyperbole like you were pretending to be autistic.
3. The excerpts of your rebuttal that I managed to read reminded me, of well, a while back there was a review of a game called FATAL that indulged in the old hyperbole a little, and the makers responded with a psychotically calm "rebuttal", and your response to this is eerily reminding me of that, what with how they focused on talking about how the reviewers were so terrible, just like you've been doing to me, and to Oni, and to literally everyone who disagrees with you, and just like you've been insisting that the Mr. Plinkett character is some sort of literal representation of the people who run RedLetterMedia, and with how psychotically calm they were.
4. You are sexually aroused by ladies mashing cakes around with their bottoms and you pay money for people to do it on webcams.
5. You'll insist that the previous, hyperbolic
comment is an example of how sick and mentally unstable I am, and how I'm "obviously working out issues every time I post".
6. You'll continue to send me bizarre and grotesque PMs that indicate you are socially incapable.
7. You'll continue to insist other people are obsessed when you're the one who's kept this thread going. I'm sorry, but you are kind of like an idiot who keeps pressing the same button but your ravings as you do so are still entertaining. But you're too dishonest to engage in even the semblance of conversation with.
But, hey, you ignored every post that talked about other problems with Star Wars Episode 1 The Phantom MenaceTM
, so I don't see the point in trying to provoke a different rant out of you.
Invited by the new age, the elegant Sailor Neptune!
I mean, how often am I to enter a game of riddles with the author, where they challenge me with some strange and confusing and distracting device, and I'm supposed to unravel it and go "I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE" and take great personal satisfaction and pride in our mutual cleverness?
- The Handle, from the TVTropes Forums