Reaction to the Essential Guide to Warfare

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Abacus
Jedi Knight

Reaction to the Essential Guide to Warfare

Post by Abacus »

Hello all and sundry. I assume that you other Star Wars fanatics have already ordered or have in your possession the new "Essential Guide to Warfare." So here's what I want to know: what do you think of it? Do they give enough detail? Did fractalspongue get his due?

Personally, I think that they should have had a single mention of Jedi within the entire book, which admittedly was in the minority and I am supremely happy that they detailed the Orinda Campaign but lacked the beautiful artwork for a duel between two executor-class SSDs that I was hoping for.

So, everyone, what's the general opinion?
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: Reaction to the Essential Guide to Warfare

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:Already a thread for this...

http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=153973

This is a different thread. I don't want to hear about people harking about buying the book, I want to hear people's reactions to it.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

In that case carry on. Just making sure you knew about it. (not trying to backseat mod)
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

Skywalker_T-65 wrote:In that case carry on. Just making sure you knew about it. (not trying to backseat mod)
It's cool. Have you bought a copy yet or borrowed it from someone who has? If so, what did you think.

EDIT: OP was suppose to say "should NOT have had a single mention of Jedi..."
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Don't actually have a copy yet, but I have seen pics online. Definitely impressive, and its nice to see Fractal's designs become canon.
fractalsponge1
Jedi Council Member

Post by fractalsponge1 »

Abacus wrote:Hello all and sundry. I assume that you other Star Wars fanatics have already ordered or have in your possession the new "Essential Guide to Warfare." So here's what I want to know: what do you think of it? Do they give enough detail? Did fractalspongue get his due?

Personally, I think that they should have had a single mention of Jedi within the entire book, which admittedly was in the minority and I am supremely happy that they detailed the Orinda Campaign but lacked the beautiful artwork for a duel between two executor-class SSDs that I was hoping for.

There *is* a picture of two Executors dueling. Right under the table of contents, by Darren Tan.
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

fractalsponge1 wrote:
Abacus wrote:Hello all and sundry. I assume that you other Star Wars fanatics have already ordered or have in your possession the new "Essential Guide to Warfare." So here's what I want to know: what do you think of it? Do they give enough detail? Did fractalspongue get his due?

There *is* a picture of two Executors dueling. Right under the table of contents, by Darren Tan.

I stand corrected. Beautiful work, by the way. I've said it before in your art thread and I'll say it again here, but I sincerely hope that they hire you for more work in the near future.