Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Is the live action TV series going to happen? PostPosted: 2011-08-22 04:24pm
Sith Apprentice

Darth Wong wrote:
I was going to say that I would hope that any posthumous Star Wars material would be respectful of the source and the author, and then I remembered that we're talking about Hollywood so I laughed at my own foolishness.

So you envision transforming mecha fighters and Mordor-esque Death Stars too? :P

Oh yes and I bet they'd borrow HEAVILLY from nBSG. And blasters owuld be replaced by slugthrowers. Which wouldn't be bad per se, if I didnt think it was just copying "edgy" from other sci fi.

ImageNew Archive of my 40K analysis stuff, over on SB, including the stuff I've posted there as well as my stuff here.

Post subject: Re: Is the live action TV series going to happen? PostPosted: 2011-08-22 04:31pm
Sith Acolyte

I know most people don't mind the increasing prevalence of slugthrowers in sci-fi these days, but I for one miss all the pew pew lasers. To me the E-11 is almost as iconic to SW as the lightsaber. They're advanced enough to make it space opera, but similar enough to be recognized as guns. I don't know if i'd want to watch a neo-BSG-ified SW with all ballistic weapons and that god-damn shaky cam

And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks