Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "In the United States, the majority undertakes to supply a multitude of ready-made opinions for the use of individuals, who are thus relieved from the necessity of forming opinions of their own." - Alexis de Tocqueville, French writer (1805-1859)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil SPOILERS PostPosted: 2011-02-17 06:20pm
Jedi Knight

I just finished it, what did you guys think of Darth Bane & Zannah?

Who did you want to win the final duel between them? And would you like to hear
more about Zannah & Cognus in the future?
The ending was a bit of a surprise for me, I thought Bane & Zannah would kill
each other and Cognus and Set the Dark Jedi would be the new Sith pair.

The Fraternal Order of Conan O Brien
Knight of The Year 3000

Post subject: Re: Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil SPOILERS PostPosted: 2011-02-17 08:10pm
Jedi Master

I would like more books, especially since while this series wasn't the best SW books I've read, they're decently good and there aren't very many deus ex machinas, and those that are there aren't guaranteed success either. And personally, I think that Bane won.

Visit my starship thread, make comments!

Post subject: Re: Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil SPOILERS PostPosted: 2011-02-18 12:32am
Padawan Learner

I was surprised that Set survived, but not that he didn't become a Sith. The story makes it clear that Set would be a terrible Sith Lord because of his self-centered tendencies, plus Cognus' first apprentice was Darth Millennial, who from his physical appearance is clearly not Set Harth.

KAC-WG

Post subject: Re: Darth Bane: Dynasty of Evil SPOILERS PostPosted: 2011-02-18 01:59am
Jaina Dax

I read it a while back. A bit weaker than the previous two books, but still decent. I thought Bane was an interesting character, Cognus had a bite to her, and Harth was oddball in a mostly good way. Zannah, however, was pretty much a blank slate; her characterization is barely that of a Noir-style femme fatale, and she has no real personality.

Also, Rule of Two probably has the worst cover of any recent Star Wars book, which is saying a lot.

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe