SD.Net in Random planet(RAR)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

SD.Net in Random planet(RAR)

Post by FaxModem1 »

All SD.net members with more than 50 posts and not banned are grabbed by Q and brought to the Star Wars galaxy. Where? Fate decides, of course. Get a D6 and find out which world you're going to. Its 30 seconds after the end of Return of the Jedi.
If you roll a:

1.Coruscant
2.Nar Shadda
3.Taris
4.Fondor
5.Kessel
6.Naboo

Your objective is to unite with the rest of the group within 5 years. Once the majority(meaning at least 1/3rd) of SD.netters has reunited, we'll be returned to Earth or allowed to stay here, up to the person's choice.

Q wants some fun, so all preexisting medical conditions are wiped away and we can all speak Basic. And if you look in your right pocket, there's 50 credits. Good luck.

PS, no modifying the dice rolls, Q would know, and he'll just send you somewhere even more random and less civilized for your effort.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Re: SD.Net in Random planet(RAR)

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

Are you fcking with me?

Dumped on a random planet with 50 bucks to my name directly after the Sht has hit the fan from RotJ and no other resources other then improved health? How the hell am I supposed to find anyone? The Imperial system will be toast within the next week. Communication will collapse and there will be general Chaos as infighting breaks out with the death of Palps.

Fck that sht, depending on where I land I try and find a job just to pay for my existance while the Galaxy goes to crap.
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Talhe
Padawan Learner

Post by Talhe »

I immediately attempt to join the Rebel Alliance. Using my massive nerdy knowledge about the EU, I attempt to cajole my way into Intelligence, hopefully preventing some of the stupider events from happening and gaining influence.

Once I hopefully gain a position, I put out a call on the Holonet on the justification that I know of others who can help the Alliance/New Republic. Once done, I gain enough credits to get somewhere safe from all the other EU shit I haven't been able to predict/stop and live my life surrounded by Zeltron females. :mrgreen:
What can change the nature of Man?

-Ravel Puzzlewel, Planescape: Torment
SeaTrooper
Youngling

Post by SeaTrooper »

Naboo? Great, NOW I roll a freaking six!

In attempting to enter a local library to start some basic research, I am arrested and charged with vagrancy (50 creds?) and being an illegal alien. My options are deportation to somewhere nasty or joining Imperial forces. I choose the 2nd, and am eventually inducted as a lowly crewman. Pre-existing skills and training as a naval communicator (though useless in themselves) do give me some of the necessary under-pinning knowledge and attitudes to perform better than the bulk of my new fellows whilst under training.

Only there's a rebellion inspired mutiny within days of my first space posting, and as the new guy noone knows or trusts me. So I'm lumped in with the hardcore imperials and am both shot through the teeth by a mutineer and in the back while trying to change sides.

Well, that was quick...
"Know Enough To Be Afraid" - Transylvania Polygnostic

The Royal Navy has not survived for so long by setting an example for others,
but by making an example of those others...
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Four, I got Fondor. First order of business, look for other SD netters, maybe if we pool enough money, we can buy a ship, or rent a cabin on one, or something. If not, I'm going to be panhandling for more credits on the street.
Kythnos
Youngling

Post by Kythnos »

Well the odds are that I got mugged/killed with in minutes of popping up on Nar Shaddaa for my 50 credits. If not I do believe there is a gang war going on, to see who replaces Jabba at this point. So let me leave you with this "If you roll a 2, it sucks to be you, well us..."
There's a great difference between potential and developed power. The one is clearly visible and can be awe-inspiring. The other may take a demigod to recognize.
OmegaChief
Jedi Knight

Post by OmegaChief »

Wow a six...

Hey SeaTrooper, you think a hundred credits will buy us a ticket to somewhere safer?
This odyssey, this, exodus. Do we journey toward the promised land, or into the valley of the kings? Three decades ago I envisioned a new future for our species, and now that we are on the brink of realizing my dream, I feel only solitude, and regret. Has my entire life's work been a fool's crusade? Have I led my people into this desert, only to die?
-Admiral Aken Bosch, Supreme Commander of the Neo-Terran Front, NTF Iceni, 2367
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Taris... I use my credits to get on the holonet and post the following anonymous message, with my coordinates:

Their lasers won't even penetrate our navigational deflectors.
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
adam_grif
Sith Devotee

Post by adam_grif »

I rolled a 2.

Very unlucky. :(
A scientist once gave a public lecture on astronomy. He described how the Earth orbits around the sun and how the sun, in turn, orbits around the centre of a vast collection of stars called our galaxy.

At the end of the lecture, a little old lady at the back of the room got up and said: 'What you have told us is rubbish. The world is really a flat plate supported on the back of a giant tortoise.

The scientist gave a superior smile before replying, 'What is the tortoise standing on?'

'You're very clever, young man, very clever,' said the old lady. 'But it's turtles all the way down.'
Zor
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zor »

I pitty the poor bastards who roll a five.

Zor
HAIL ZOR! WE'LL BLOW UP THE OCEAN!
Heros of Cybertron-HAB-Keeper of the Vicious pit of Allosauruses-King Leighton-I, United Kingdom of Zoria: SD.net World/Tsar Mikhail-I of the Red Tsardom: SD.net Kingdoms
WHEN ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE ON EARTH, ALL EARTH BREAKS LOOSE ON HELL
Terran Sphere
The Art of Zor
SeaTrooper
Youngling

Post by SeaTrooper »

OmegaChief wrote:Wow a six...

Hey SeaTrooper, you think a hundred credits will buy us a ticket to somewhere safer?
My first thought on rolling a six and ending up on Naboo, was look at how freaking wealthy that planet is. 50creds wouldn't last a day, so 100 wouldn't be much better. Remember that Solo originally wanted to charge Kenobi several thousand for a flight to Alderan; although that did include the condition of facing no imperial involvement. We'd be in a similar pickle, having no proper ID or local paperwork. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the local Imperial Security services thugs picked us up for suspected rebel involvement solely because we had no ID.

I suspect prices in the more developed worlds are higher than FaxModem1 believes. Sure, one of us might be able to get a steerage seat away from Naboo on cut-rate transport, but where are you going? That was why I first tried to get into the local library. We all badly need to know a hell of a lot more about their cultures, economies and societies if any of us are going to survive.
"Know Enough To Be Afraid" - Transylvania Polygnostic

The Royal Navy has not survived for so long by setting an example for others,
but by making an example of those others...
Bottlestein
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Bottlestein »

Rolled a 4; Fondor it is!

Fuck - 30s after Battle of Endor means it's still a high security Imperial facility. This means I'm getting pressed into some shitty work gang - I doubt 50 credits will bribe them.

So I'll have just the right amount of experience to become fodder in the upcoming battle :(

Is there any way to leave and join the Alliance with 50 credits?
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Nar Shadda. I die on a canteen floor because no-one can be bothered to pull the vibro-shiv out of my neck.
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Taris.

I join the Rebel Alliance and can make a decent trooper. I hop planets, do some fighting, carouse in bars with twi'lek chickies, and have a rousing good time living the life of the adventuring traveler.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
open_sketchbook
Jedi Master

Post by open_sketchbook »

1. Coruscant. I know you guys are going to be hitting the holonet so that's what I'll be doing too. Once I know where we're meeting up, I'll stow away on one of the billion cargo ships to get there. I'll probably end up working odd jobs for a little bit as I traverse the planets to the docks/meetup area.

Yeah, they SHOULD have some automagical way of detecting stowaways, but guys run around willy-nilly aboard spaceships all the time in the films and stow-aways are very in character for the nature of the Star Wars universe so I'll rely on narrative inertia to get there. Then, once we've met up, I think I'm going to stay here; we know what is going to happen, so we can invest in all the right stuff, back all the right politicians, not be on the invicible moon station when it explodes, etc.
1980s Rock is to music what Giant Robot shows are to anime
Think about it.

Cruising low in my N-1 blasting phat beats,
showin' off my chrome on them Coruscant streets
Got my 'saber on my belt and my gat by side,
this here yellow plane makes for a sick ride
Rossum
Padawan Learner

Post by Rossum »

Okay, I got a 2 which means that I go to Nar Shadda. I have absolutly no idea where that (I'm guessing its a planet from the EU or something) but a brief look on Wookipedia tells me that its a planet covered entirely by cities but unlike Coresaunt its a crime infested hellhole.

I'm probably going to die horribly without even the option of running off into the wasteland to eat bugs for dinner... because there are no wastelands.

Also, after a brief look at Wookipedias article on Galactic Credits I discover that shortly after the battle of Endor the Credit becomes worthless and various planets start making their own currency. That means that the 50 units of alien currency that I have are in danger of becoming completly worthless about two hours after I appear in an alien crime ridden slum. So I might have enough time to find a vending machine or something and spend all my money on food to avoid starving to death before someone inevitably kills me.

Dam... lets see... I don't know how much 50 credits could buy me on Crime Planet. I might be able to buy a gun or something to defend myself, or I might be stuck buying a pointy stick and something that looks like survival rations before I hide in a gutter somewhere. Or I could find the nearest drug dealer, spend all my credits on Death Sticks and try to overdose... those friggin sticks had better kill me or otherwise whats the point of calling them Death Sticks? Seriously, what sort of crazy alien society would willingly name a drug Death Sticks, sell them, and expect people to purchase them if said sticks don't actually kill the user?

Just my luck, I end up in a crime infested hellhole at the very moment where the measly money in my pocket becomes just worthless enough that I can't buy anything to survive but still valuable enough that people will kill me for it. Oh, and when I try to blow it all on suicide drugs then it turns out the name Death Stick is ironic and they actually maje me super immortal enough that I can survive for days while being gang raped by aliens with reproductive organs I've never even heard of before.

Meh, maybe I'll get lucky and run into another SD.netter and we can pool our money to form a gang and buy one blaster. I'll get a job as an underling and try to figure out how to make explosive devices out of cheap alien cleaning supplies. Of course this is Star Wars so naturally everbody is carrying superwankonium armor (that I can't afford) thats designed to withstand the ultra megaton energy beams created by blasters.

I don't suppose there is an evil orginization on... whatever this planet is (oh yeah its Nar Shadda) that removes peoples brains and puts them into robot bodies is there? If there is then I'd totally go to them. I mean, I'm pretty sure being turned into a cyborg slave would suck, but its probably better then getting shanked in the gutter on slum planet.

Edit:
Actually, maybe the holonet thing would be good if I could figure out how the hell that works and buy a... a data pad or whatever before the economy self-destructs. Yeah, I'll use my 50 credits to buy a datapad with holonet access, some kind of weapon like a cheap blaster that I can potentially use for self-defense or suicide if things go horribly wrong, and then maybe some sort of food to avoid starvation. Then I'll see about meeting up with everyone else to get some better ideas.
Fry: No! They did it! They blew it up! And then the apes blew up their society too. How could this happen? And then the birds took over and ruined their society. And then the cows. And then... I don't know, is that a slug, maybe? Noooo!

Futurama: The Late Philip J. Fry
Rossum
Padawan Learner

Post by Rossum »

As for the credits:

Brief search through wookipedia tells me that the companion2000 data pad (a common type of data pad) cost 100 credits. I assume that's brand new so I might be able to affort a beat up used one for less and maybe there are cheaper ones that I can get for 50 credits.

No idea how holonet access works but assuming its 100% free with access to a datapad then I could probably afford to search the holonet for everyone else.
Fry: No! They did it! They blew it up! And then the apes blew up their society too. How could this happen? And then the birds took over and ruined their society. And then the cows. And then... I don't know, is that a slug, maybe? Noooo!

Futurama: The Late Philip J. Fry