Evolution of the Imperial Star Destroyer

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

sithlordfreedonnadd
Redshirt

Re: Evolution of the Imperial Star Destroyer

Post by sithlordfreedonnadd »

Okay i've been looking recently at the later star wars storylines that deal with Darth Krayt, i really have found myself disliking this era and it all came together for me when i discovered their new star destroyer the imperious class, which was designed and Built by Mon-Calamari shipyards i was under the impression that the star destroyer design was kind of a kuat drive yards thing post the acclamator.
vi veri veniversum vivus vici
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

About those "thousand thousand worlds" quotes, there are also ones that talk about billions of worlds. Most of these I found on this website or on spacebattles.

Essential Atlas, p. 8
The known galaxy includes nearly a billion inhabited star systems, from uncharted settlements set up by smugglers to megalopolis worlds where scarcely a meter of untouched ground remains. Nearly seventy million of those star systems were sufficiently populated for representation of some sort in the Galactic Empire, a vast bureaucracy responsible for the affairs of more than one hundred quadrillion beings - and the apogee of centralized power.

Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 1st Edition
[the Republic] embraced over a million worlds, and countless more colonies, protectorates, and governorships...

Star Wars Roleplaying Game, 2nd Edition
Before you can adventure in the galaxy, you better know something about it. First off, it's Big - the Empire rules billions of worlds.

Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
The civilization of the Galactic Empire spans billions of stars, from Coruscant - the heart of the Empire - to remote Outer Rim worlds like Tatooine and Gall.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

sithlordfreedonnadd wrote:Okay i've been looking recently at the later star wars storylines that deal with Darth Krayt, i really have found myself disliking this era and it all came together for me when i discovered their new star destroyer the imperious class, which was designed and Built by Mon-Calamari shipyards i was under the impression that the star destroyer design was kind of a kuat drive yards thing post the acclamator.
Please review the rules on thread necromancy.

Locked.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.