nitpick On the "8 things I want in ep 3"

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

nitpick On the "8 things I want in ep 3"

Post by Ace Pace »

your wish for the Executor to be in ep3, can not be made, the Executor was made only a few months before the start of ep5.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

True, but I gather Mike was hoping for GL to contradict the established literature.

While that contradiction would be pretty fun, and it would be reassuring to see GL not worried about letting the EU control his vision...it would also be a major pain in the ass to all of us die-hard fans, so I think it would be even better to not have the Executor in EIII, but a different ship of similar scale. Hell, it would be cool to have a ship that's even bigger than the Executor. That way, the movie would refute a stupid preconception touted by the EU, without directly contradicting anything major in the EU.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

well we could have the victory class SD.
Robert Treder
has strong kung-fu.

Post by Robert Treder »

Yeah, that too, but that's not exactly Executor scale, which is more along the lines of what I think Mike was hoping for. And more along the lines of kick-ass, too.
Just picture it...Obi-Wan serving Bail Organa in the Clone Wars aboard a twelve mile beauty of a dagger...or, even better, Anakin Skywalker acting as a Jedi advisor on the bridge of a twelve mile beauty of a dagger...in Palpatine's Navy of the Republic.
Any which way you slice it, EIII will be awesome.
And you may ask yourself, 'Where does that highway go to?'

Brotherhood of the Monkey - First Monkey|Justice League - Daredevil|Late Knights of Conan O'Brien - Eisenhower Mug Knight (13 Conan Pts.)|SD.Net Chroniclers|HAB
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

well as acording to books the Clone wars left the galaxy a much smaller place, no small ship the size of a vic will be the planet scorcher, I expect something like a galaxy gun.
Cpt_Frank
Official SD.Net Evil Warsie Asshole

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Hmm, having Executor in Ep III would throw up the question why it wasn't present in ANH.
But having any kind of Star Destroyer in EIII would make me happy, but I'd really really love to see the VicStar finally in a movie.
However, it's an EU creation, and I don't believe he's gonna include it.
Perhaps he will, because the VicStar is quite well known, but I still doubt it.
More likely we're gonna see canon vessels Y-Wings or Z-95 headhunters.
Supermod
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I think we are going to see some real spywork from the bothens , OR i hope so.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I hope for the biggest baddest most fantasic space battle ever seen on sci-fi including Separatist/TradeFed battleships, VicStars, TIE fighters, Z-95 headhunters, Y-Wings and Correlian Corvettes.
Supermod
Kazuaki Shimazaki
Jedi Council Member

Post by Kazuaki Shimazaki »

I won't really mind not having that Executor or even a similar size ship. What I REALLY want to see somewhere in that movie is a huge battle in terms of numbers.

Imagine the grand vistas, filled with warships from end to end. Technical fans. They can be anything from Acclamator size to Executor size, just have as many of them as possible, spread out as far as the eye could see.

Now have them engage each other. The capships. Fighters can contribute. But I want to see them dying like the pilots at Santa Cruz and they are not the main force. No cheap copouts. No Eight-Year Old kid single handedly winning the war for one side. This is supposed to be WAR. I want to see lots of DEAD warships on both sides.

Now, I'm happy.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

I hope for the biggest baddest most fantasic space battle ever seen on sci-fi including Separatist/TradeFed battleships, VicStars
Then the Tradefed's need a new ship, because the ships of theirs that we've seen so far have been equipped only with anti-fighter weaponry (yeah, those turrets are humongous, but they're described as AF in the TPM ICS).
The Great and Malignant
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Yes a fleet of Vics cause old Papy scraped up the funding to build them

:)

Oh don't forget the clones have yet to go mad yet, Remeber they rebel aginst there human masters and go on a galxy wide killing spree, BDZ(Or the clony equivalt) alot of things from space-stations :)

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Doomriser
Padawan Learner

Post by Doomriser »

We don't need the Executor in Ep. III. There is a frightening lack of canon Imperial warships between the sizes of the Imperator and the Executor. Let's see some light and heavy cruisers! A Star Carrier or Battleship like the Giel, or maybe a heavy cruiser like the Shockwave. Maybe a Destroyer Leader like the Alliegiance. Maybe one of those 8km "Super Star Destroyers." (Was Shockwave one of those?) That would help clear up a few things...
General G
Youngling

Post by General G »

Yes everyone seems to have forgotten the fact that if the clones don't go mad the EU will contradiced yet again.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

I thought clones only go mad if they are raised in a very short time?
Supermod
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

They go Start RAVING mad if rased in a short time
These remeber where orderd by a dead Jedi Master whos says they where not Paps clone and this is a ploy they are PROGRAMED to go nuts and kill everyone

Makes sens from Papys angle great way to sieze power to protect from those nasty clones

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Sothis
Jedi Knight

Post by Sothis »

I imagine we'll get to see: VSDs... Frigates, Dreadnoughts, an early form of TIE fighter :?: and maybe an Interdictor?
Hakuna Matata
The Forums of Sothis! http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/sothis.html
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Typhonis 1

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Maybe we will see the spartiri clones from the Thrawn series.It seems that those are the ones that went mad or maybe someone just royally FUBARS."Whats the quickestr we can get 10,000,000 new clones?""given current tech about two months ""do it" and only later to they learn about clone madness.
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Doomriser wrote:We don't need the Executor in Ep. III. There is a frightening lack of canon Imperial warships between the sizes of the Imperator and the Executor. Let's see some light and heavy cruisers! A Star Carrier or Battleship like the Giel, or maybe a heavy cruiser like the Shockwave. Maybe a Destroyer Leader like the Alliegiance. Maybe one of those 8km "Super Star Destroyers." (Was Shockwave one of those?) That would help clear up a few things...

There is no 8 km Super Star Destroyer.

1. The Luskankya was the sister ship of the Executor. It was described as 8 km.

2. The EGTVV says the Executor was the first SSD and was 8 km long.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Cpt_Frank wrote:Hmm, having Executor in Ep III would throw up the question why it wasn't present in ANH.
But having any kind of Star Destroyer in EIII would make me happy, but I'd really really love to see the VicStar finally in a movie.
However, it's an EU creation, and I don't believe he's gonna include it.
Perhaps he will, because the VicStar is quite well known, but I still doubt it.
More likely we're gonna see canon vessels Y-Wings or Z-95 headhunters.

Actually the Vic was a older model for the movies. It was replaced by the Devestator for being an ISD. EU used it as an older version of an ISD (which is true with or without suspension of disbelief)
Bender and God, Futurama
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

I want huge battles with multi-km warships, ships being blown apart by broadside after broadside, and maybe a mention of 200 gigaton TLs :D
Bender and God, Futurama
Doomriser
Padawan Learner

Post by Doomriser »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:
Doomriser wrote:We don't need the Executor in Ep. III. There is a frightening lack of canon Imperial warships between the sizes of the Imperator and the Executor. Let's see some light and heavy cruisers! A Star Carrier or Battleship like the Giel, or maybe a heavy cruiser like the Shockwave. Maybe a Destroyer Leader like the Alliegiance. Maybe one of those 8km "Super Star Destroyers." (Was Shockwave one of those?) That would help clear up a few things...
There is no 8 km Super Star Destroyer.

1. The Luskankya was the sister ship of the Executor. It was described as 8 km.

2. The EGTVV says the Executor was the first SSD and was 8 km long.
I know. Some [including Saxton, IIRC] have suggested that there actually might be an 8 km Super Star Destroyer as a companion to the 17 km Executor-class Command Ship. EU references repeatedly refer to 8km "Super Star Destroyers." It is true that they refer to the Executor in this context, but canonically, the Executor is 17.6 Km long. There is no getting around that. Executor-class vessels are at least 17 km long. This is fact. One way to rationalize the "Super Star Destroyer" quotes is to assume that they refer to an entirely different class of vessel.
Cpt_Frank

Post by Cpt_Frank »

Grand Admiral Thrawn wrote:Actually the Vic was a older model for the movies. It was replaced by the Devestator for being an ISD. EU used it as an older version of an ISD (which is true with or without suspension of disbelief)
The VicStar was a concept sketch which WEG adopted as a smaller incarnation of the SD.
As far as I know, Lucas Arts never built a VicStar model or something like that. It was only an old concept sketch WEG reused (the same thing they did with a Corvette concept sketch, that became the Correlian Gunship).
Supermod
IDMR
Moderator Emeritus

Post by IDMR »

Yeah, for some reason everything seems to go straight from the ISD to the SSD...
"Intellectual rigor annoys people because it interferes with the pleasure they derive from allowing their wishes to be the fathers of their thoughts." - George F. Will

"If theory and reality diverges, change reality." - Josef Stalin