EP II questions

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Yah, good point. But thing is, they wanted the element of surprise there. If Dooku had known they were coming, he'd have executed the Jedi, no questions asked.
JADAFETWA
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

Or Dooku could have ordered their execution without making a speech. Then they would have showed up to late.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

hehehe

Yoda: Around the survivors a perimiter create!

Pilot: Survivors?

Yoda: .........
JADAFETWA
David
Moderator Emeritus

Post by David »

:o :lol:
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Another thing I want to know is why don't the gunships have shields? I mean, if shield technology has advanced to the point where Obi-Wan's fighter has a shield, can't you put at least a small generator on the gunship?
JADAFETWA
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Originally posted by IG-88E
Another thing I want to know is why don't the gunships have shields? I mean, if shield technology has advanced to the point where Obi-Wan's fighter has a shield, can't you put at least a small generator on the gunship?

I am sorry, but are you talking about the ship that was carrying Obi-wan and Anakin as they were chassing Dooku? IIRC they did seem to display sheild characteristics, the fighters firing on them, their shots seem to 'explode' is the best word I could use for it, just about half a meter away from contact with them. Am I right or am I wrong? Does any one else remeber this?
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Icehawk
Jedi Council Member

Post by Icehawk »

The Gunships definately had shields. You clearly see them sustaining many hits from weapons fire. The one Anakin and Obi Wan were on clearly shows they have shields when perfect shots from the Geonosian fighters where easily stopped before they could damage the ship (they appeared to burst just before impacting the ship), it took several minutes of sustained fire from the fighters to finally take the shields down and destroy it (coincidentally right after our heroes got off it :) ) Nonetheless I don't see how anyone could have gotten they idea they werent shielded.