Teaser for Season 5 of The Clone Wars.

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Teaser for Season 5 of The Clone Wars.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

http://www.starwars.com/watch/tcw_seaso ... ailer.html

Its short and focusses on Savage and Maul and Death Watch. The quality of the animation remains good, and it looks like Savage and Maul are going to make a doomed attempt to take over the Sith. The teaser has a fairly dark atmosphere and focusses on villains. I wonder if that's an indication of how next season is going to play out?
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Re: Teaser for Season 5 of The Clone Wars.

Post by Darksider »

This is going to be the last season right?
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I don't know.

I suspect it will go longer if it continues to be successful, but I have no source to back that up.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I actually hope it stops. This season has been an insult to my intelligence and the stories were pretty predictable and/or stupid like "let's bring back Darth Maul or give the night witches super powers".
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
CaptHawkeye
Sith Devotee

Post by CaptHawkeye »

Yeah bringing back Maul was such bullshit. How sad is it that a character with 10 minutes of screen time is more memorable to a lot of fans than the main characters? This has nothing to do with the quality of Episode 1's characterization either. Boba Fett got the same following back in the day too.
Best care anywhere.
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

I loved the fourth season personally. Way better than the third.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
imdb_acc
Redshirt

Post by imdb_acc »

I'm currently watching the second season and I like it so far. It 'feels' more like the OT than the PT did (no disrespect to them. Infact, I really like the prequels and I realize they are supposed to have a different feel. But TCW fells like the fun space adventure the OT was.)
Ugolino
Youngling

Post by Ugolino »

It gets worse.
Karen Traviss IS a Kaminoan!
imdb_acc
Redshirt

Post by imdb_acc »

Yeah? Does Anakin undergo any character development at all? He seems too 'happy' to me after the events of AOTC. If there's one thing that I feel the show delivers, it's Anakin-Obi Wan missions. I hated how the movies separated them. When I watched the opening of ROTS, I wished there was more of that. The banter, the quips, them working together was brilliant. I'm hoping TCW continues to deliver that while maintaining the feel of ANH.
Ugolino
Youngling

Post by Ugolino »

Looking back, most of the actual "something happens" episodes seem concentrated in the first few seasons. After that, filler and side stories seems to creep in a lot more.

And yes, we see more Vader moments later on from Anakin, and some heroic banter though Obi-Wan and Anakin seem about as many "separate but on the same mission" as "shoulder to shoulder" episodes. Some more heroic moments as well, though recently TCW doesn't seem to have the "classic star wars" feel so prevalent early on. Less light-hearted adventure serial (but not "dark" in the way a dark story should be) more side stories. The Twilight's been shelved for no apparent reason and isn't coming back onscreen, and some episodes were silly in all the wrong ways for all the increase in bloodshed, violence, and "mature themes". No point in tackling serious issues or plots if you'll botch them like the show did. Series 4 was a mixed bag with an idiotic overall plot and a few abyssal story arcs alongside some interesting oneshots and connected episodes.
Karen Traviss IS a Kaminoan!
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Original Nex »

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Damn son, this looks awesome and September 29th won't get here soon enough.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Arawn Fenn
Youngling

Post by Arawn Fenn »

Vympel wrote:Way better than the third.
Which isn't saying much.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Was that Maul and Savage vs Sidious? :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Sure looked like it

While Maul was going on with his simple-minded rant, it occurred to me "uh, there's someone you forgetting..." Shortly thereafter, cue The Laugh.. :twisted:
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Man Sidious does not look pleased with Maul's attempt to go solo.
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks