SW Best pilot?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Who is the the best pilot in Star Wars, all eras?

Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker
19%
Han Solo
14%
Soontir Fel
12%
Wedge Antilles
43%
Luke Skywalker
6%
Corran Horn
No votes
Dash Rendar
No votes
Tycho Celchu
No votes
Lando Calrissian/Nien Numb (whoever of them who piloted the Falcon through DS2)
3%
Boba Fett
1%
Boba Fett
1%

Total votes: 69

Pendragon
Padawan Learner

SW Best pilot?

Post by Pendragon »

Who is?

I cast my vote for Vader I think... AFAIK only Han Solo ever beat him and that was cos he was completely engrossed in getting Luke at the time... IMHO of course.
"Perfect. It's everything a girl could hope for: Expensive, explosive and phallic."
- Critical Maas
Darik Sdair
Youngling

Post by Darik Sdair »

considering the obscene number of kills that Wedge racked up over the course of the Rebellion and subsequent campaigns, I'm inclined to vote for him.
Banzai!
Solid Snake
Jedi Council Member

Post by Solid Snake »

Lets see, Luke blew up the first Death Star, Wedge blew up the second. Damn, tough choice. I'd have to go with Luke, i guess.
US Army Infantry: Follow Me!

Heavy Armor Brigade
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

SolidSnake wrote: Lets see, Luke blew up the first Death Star, Wedge blew up the second. Damn, tough choice. I'd have to go with Luke, i guess.
But the second one was bigger and wedge did not have the force. So therefore Wedge is better.
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

Well the force counts, so "Wedge would beat Vader if it wasnt for the force" is not a valid argument...
"Perfect. It's everything a girl could hope for: Expensive, explosive and phallic."
- Critical Maas
Akm72
Padawan Learner

Post by Akm72 »

Han Solo. I'd like to see any of the others do the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs! Or land their ships on the back of an ISD tower!!
"Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, "Yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down, down. Amen!" If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it."
- Dan Barker
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

By Numbers and Survivability its Wedge Antilles
Luke did one Death-Star Run and thats about it, VS Wedge with two under his belt plus Hoth and hundreds of Kills to his name

Wedge is the Red-Barron of the SW World

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

But hasnt Wedge been spanked by Fel once?

And in Shadows of the Empire, Vader peeped out for a little while, knocked out a handful of rebel fighters like nobody's buisness and then went back cos it wasnt challenging... I mean even Wedge usually has to work for his kills.

A shame Luke hasnt done more dogfighting.
- Critical Maas
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Well Vadar can do everything from make his enemys heads pop to Force choke them from a distance but tecnicaly thats *Cheating as its not piloting but Jedi Tricks

Fel got him once I belive, one of the few times he was ever shot-down

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

No force tricks... he shot them down. Well of course using the force for precognition the way Anakin does in TPM to "heighten his reflexes" wouldnt count as a force trick...
- Critical Maas
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Wedge is clearly the best pilot. He has been shot down VERY vew times, and like any good pilot with an ejection system he has been able to learn from his mistakes. He has two death stars for kills, countless fighters, countless capital ships, even has 2 SSD kills IIRC. And then in the YV conflict after having lost a base Wedge took on a squadron of Coral Skippers ALONE and killed every fighter. Jagger Fel, Jaina Solo, and Kyp Duron took on 30 some Coral Skippers and collectively only killed 15 or so before having to retreat.

Luke might have the Force, as does Jaina Solo and Corran Horn, but Wedge has the military experience of having flown for almost his entire life. He has been in the worst scrapes and has flown against the best pilots the empire could throw at him. That lifetime of experience has only made him a better pilot.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I picked Han mainly because of the chace through the asteroid field in ESB. Plus, anyone who could fly a ship like the Falcon, with the cockpit way off center, like he does is pretty amazing.

Not that I would pick him over most of the people on the list but shouldn't Chewie be a choice? He flew the Falcon a few times.
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Han Solo does stuff with a freighter that most pilot's can only DREAM of doing with an A-WING! If not for the force in Vader and Luke Han would clean out smack everyone down. Fel is better then Wedge, and In military school Han beat Fel so Han is the best.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Pendragon
Padawan Learner

Post by Pendragon »

Well, I figured its a well known fact that Han is better than Chewie...

But i shouldve entred Jango Fett in there as well... he sure played Obi-Wan for a fool....
- Critical Maas
Pablo Sanchez
Commissar

Post by Pablo Sanchez »

Moved.
"I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war."
--The Lord Humungus
Raptor 597
Sith Devotee

Post by Raptor 597 »

Baron Soontir Fel, is by far the best. Anyone that can fly in an Unshielded TIE Interceptor, without missles bowing up Rebel Starfighters on Spree. Now thats an Ace.
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Soontir Fel....Best Pilot out there...turned the one hundred and eighty worst to the 181st Elite.

Cyaround,
Jason
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

It is in one of the books of the Han Solo trilogy I believe, but it is also in the Essential Chronology, Han Solo graduated at the top of his class, even beating out Soontir Fel. Solo is the best pilot out there.
Justice League, Super-Villain Carnage "Carnage Rules!" Cult of the Kitten Mew... The Black Mage with The Knife SD.Net Chronicler of the Past Bun Bun is my hero. The Official Verilonitis Vaccinator
Darth Garden Gnome
Official SD.Net Lawn Ornament

Post by Darth Garden Gnome »

From what I remember of the Stackpole X-Wing books (the wank-fest that it was), Wedge has made hundredsof kills in his fighter. Hes survived untold number of engagments to out two DSs, a couple of ECSs, and X number of ISDs, and hundreds of TIEs easy. I would've loved to see Luke, Vader, Fel, Han, or anybody else go through that crap and live. lets face it Anakin got shot down during the Battle of Naboo. Luke would have got shot down by Vader if it wasn't for Han, who in that same movie almost got shot down by four, yes fourTIE fighters. I don't really know that much abotu Fel, except that he wasn't as good as Han (see previous statement for what that adds up to).

Its quite obvious, like it or lump it, that Wedge is, unequivicly, the best pilot-dare I say it-that has ever lived! Maybe....
Leader of the Secret Gnome Revolution
Captain Cyran
Psycho Mini-lop

Post by Captain Cyran »

Well, I think Solo is the best partly also because during the asteroid scene he made a freighter, yes a freighter, swan dive sharper then the TIE fighters made the dive. Solo basically turned the Falcon 90 degrees on a dime and dropped. Then proceded to go through the asteroid field and survive with a 57 meter? long ship (Don't remember the length) Also in Vector Prime he went through the asteroid run with Chewie and and I am pretty sure he not only got the best time, but when his ship did crash he landed it on the back of an asteroid in no time flat with one of the pylon's missing, they hadn't even seen him land the thing he did it so fast.
Cyn
Redshirt

Post by Cyn »

I went with Anakin/Vader, but from a snub-ship/fighter point of view. All movie evidence shows that he has amazing talent in quickly adjusting to situations and learning how to fly an unfamiliar situations. It's not a question of ship kills, but the ability to fly a fighter which puts him there.
------------------------------------
The Cynical Swashbuckler (the Sake God)
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

Wedge has an insane number of kills, including half of DS II (I give him half because Lando hit the reactor with concussion missiles). Plus he's still flying at forty, when his reflexes are shot. And who else has formed two elite squadrons?
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

I just want to say the whole Wedge thing is why I generally do not like the EU

EU = Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! :D

Of course maybe David should move this to the Genosian Fighter = TIE Interceptor thread :)

That's not to mean I don't think the EU should be discounted, at least it gave us a whole lotta cool fighters :D
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

EU Gave us Thrawn
EU =Good

Well if you want to get Picky
Zahn=GOOD

RayCav of ASVS
Jedi Council Member
Location: Either ISD Nemesis, DSD Demeter or outside Coronet, Corellia, take your pick

Post by RayCav of ASVS »

Mr Bean wrote:EU Gave us Thrawn
EU =Good

Well if you want to get Picky
Zahn=GOOD
Precisely
::sig removed because it STILL offended Kelly. Hey, it's not my fault that I thing Wedge is a::

Kelly: SHUT UP ALREADY!