Poll: Which warship would you use?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Which ship would you use?

Imperator SD
13%
Victory SD
6%
Mon Cal Cruiser
2%
Dreadnought Cruiser
2%
Executor SSD
44%
Venator SD
2%
Home One
5%
Tector SD
No votes
Other
27%

Total votes: 63

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Re: Poll: Which warship would you use?

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Well that was an interesting debate there. As far as that debate goes, I'll clear up some things from the OP. You do have the engineers needed to build a hypermatter refinery, no matter what ship you choose. But the size of the ship will effect how your spread of other engineers goes (ones who know how to refine Tibanna gas, or build missiles and torpedos). For example, my favorite the VSD won't be big enough to realistically have those type of people on it. Now something like an ISD or Scythe is the smallest that could maybe have them.

If you want to be absolutely sure of having the engineers and the firepower to defend them...well that's getting into the Star Dreadnought range. Or you could just get a Devastator and find some random empty system and gobble up a few planets. I hope that clears some things up.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
ComradeClaus
BANNED
Location: Ossurary Gateworld, Corrupted Wilderness, Star Wars Galaxy. Serving her Divine Highness.

Post by ComradeClaus »

Either the ISD-Mod "Hedonist" or ISD-Mod "Scimitar

Scimitar has 10 x w-165 PD-TL & 5 x v-150 PD-IC (along w/ MANY point defense lasers, ProTorp & ConMsl) enhansed shields & engines (basically, it can take down a Death Star by evading the superlaser & giving it the Death of a Thousand Cuts)

Hedonist has double everything a stock ISD has (from another canabilized ISD), 1 extra reactor, 4 extra main engines, (& Gold Ultrachrome armor) an anti-ship ram on the bow & extensive pleasure facilities on the ship. (hence the name) The crew consiting entirely of feminine replicant droids (based off of top-of-the-line combat droids), Dawn Empire Imperial Consorts (female w/ maybe a dozen newhalfs :wink: ) & Force-using Ong-Dyndi shamans (female of course :wink: ) Of course either ship would have a Dawn Empire "Co-Prosperity" Reactor (Basically what inspired the World Devastator concept) fitted. (It allows an orbiting ship to draw matter from a planets surface w/out having to land)

Naturally I'd have the Ong-Dyndi High Shamaness' blessing rather than Q's help :wink: she's a Force Nexus & lends her aid to those willing to spread her 'presence' (an ever-filling chalice w/ her blood, to annoint every conquered planet) across the galaxies (she's basically a planet/life/Force eater :shock: ) so that covers the travel/immortality bit, I'll take Janeway for myself rather than give her to Q (not sure why I found her so hot)

Of course, when I expand my fleet, it'll be crewed by more HRdroids. I'll basically go to each of those realities/ universes, kick ass, take names & expand my harem w/ all the babes from those universes. (scept 7of9 cuz she's "fake") & give myself a title like Holy Eternal InterGalactic Conquistadores.

The End... of the Ultimate Nerdwanque Fantacy :angelic:
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

World Devestator. Add extra turbolasers, ion cannons and shield generators. I'd choose the ST MW and offer my services in exchange for holodeck and replicator technology. Then, as a show of good faith, I'll build some SW corvettes, frigates and a VSD or two with the relevant files as to how to run them. Eventually I'll head to a dead system and begin building another WD.

Of course I'll be helping out defending the Federation against all enemies. Imagine the Dominion's surprise, seeing their largest ships being eaten and turned into droid controlled fighters. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

World Devestator. Add extra turbolasers, ion cannons and shield generators. I'd choose the ST MW and offer my services in exchange for holodeck and replicator technology. Then, as a show of good faith, I'll build some SW corvettes, frigates and a VSD or two with the relevant files as to how to run them. Eventually I'll head to a dead system and begin building another WD.
Now that is what i would do too, just not limited to the ST MW. With how overpowered SW ships are (in comparison) it wouldn't take an ISD to own everything Trek can throw at it (short of the Borg, considering you could be fighting thousands of cubes at once here). Now giving the Fed's ships is a risky prospect, since they could eventually (eventually being the key word considering how far behind they are) build their own. Though if you have a WD that won't matter... :twisted:

And I could imagine the Dominion charging in like idiots (or Klingons, whats the difference after all) and having their ships eaten up and turned into something a little more useful. Though the Borg would be a problem, since a WD is the ultimate thing for them (they would just eat up the Enterprise and turn it into a sphere or something...) but by that same token if you choose a super WD like mine and Eternal Freedoms, you could blow anything away, and make it big enough to devour a cube whole. And that would be funny, the assimilators being assimilated into an ISD. :D
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Cubes are going to have to deal with the ion cannons. :) They'll soon realize that they are not going to win. They'll retreat and regroup while my WD will be devouring the disabled cubes and turn out countless droid controlled ships. Don't really need to wank an already wanked WD. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Well, you do need something powerful enough to resist even the most massive Borg assault. Hence, my mega 15km WD with a ship-mounted superlaser and covered in planetary turbolasers and ion cannons.

According to wikipedia, one shot from those turbolasers will splatter an ISD. It'll certainly do a cube.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

^ Good point. Though I maintain it would be funny to see a Borg Cube come up to the WD.

We are the Borg. Resistance is futi... (Cube gets torn apart by the all powerful World Devastator :twisted:)

What can I say, I have an evil side...though I agree on the Ion cannon front, with how much the Borg rely on their mechanical side, there will be a lot of flash-fried Borg lying around.

Edit: Darn it, Eternal Freedom replied while I was typing. And pretty well did a better explanation than I did. Oh well, I just need to learn to type faster.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

The thing is that the Borg won't know anything about the WD unless they do their regular check up on Earth. :) Even then it'll be one Cube.

The Borg won't be sending thousands of Cubes. They didn't do that with Species 8472. They sent a dozen at most in a single battle.

My WD won't be alone. I'll have built droid controlled fighters, corvettes and frigates. It is also good enough for the ST galaxy. I'm not worried. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Who said I'd stay at Earth?

I can build enough SW light ships to cover every Federation world and send off my large death vessel to go Borg hunting. I can even use the destroyed vessels to build even more hull sections and turbolasers.

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Eternal_Freedom wrote:Who said I'd stay at Earth?

I can build enough SW light ships to cover every Federation world and send off my large death vessel to go Borg hunting. I can even use the destroyed vessels to build even more hull sections and turbolasers.
Nevertheless, the Borg won't be sending waves of thousands of Cubes. They'll most likely send a dozen at most.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

ASSCRAVATS!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

I would think they'd bring in reinforcements when I'm sitting outside the Unicomplex taking occasional shots at them. Draw them in and then murderising them.

Whiskey144
Padawan Learner

Post by Whiskey144 »

Personally, I considered the Venator.

But DAT NEBULA...........it blows my mind, man. BLOWS. MY. MIND.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Another thing I'd do with my reality-hopping, superlaser-armed, mega-devastator is travel to the MW occupied by the Transformers. That way, when all the shit goes down in TF3, I can offer to simply total Chicago from orbit rather than fucking around with spec-ops teams. And I could get Cybertron's location off the Autombots and go blow it to bits. Fun.

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Another thing I'd do with my reality-hopping, superlaser-armed, mega-devastator is travel to the MW occupied by the Transformers. That way, when all the shit goes down in TF3, I can offer to simply total Chicago from orbit rather than fucking around with spec-ops teams. And I could get Cybertron's location off the Autombots and go blow it to bits. Fun

Darn it, why didn't I think of that! Oh well, that's not to say we couldn't team up and use two Mega-Devastators :twisted:. Any one else having a vision of Unicron the all powerful planet eater being eaten by a couple of Devastators? Now that would be funny, though it might take more than even two super ones to do that.

On another note, I would take my SWD to the Terran Empire version of the ST MW. Why? So I can show those pathetic Empire wannabe's what true power is! :twisted:
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Now that is tempting. So far I'm planning on defending the ST, HALO, BSG, SG, and Transformers universes. I'm going to be busy.

Oh how I wish to see the looks on Cavil's face when his great Cylon task force arrives to destroy the Colonies only to get blasted to tiny pieces and eaten, and turned into new Battlestars.

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

Now that is tempting. So far I'm planning on defending the ST, HALO, BSG, SG, and Transformers universes. I'm going to be busy.

Oh how I wish to see the looks on Cavil's face when his great Cylon task force arrives to destroy the Colonies only to get blasted to tiny pieces and eaten, and turned into new Battlestars.
Your not the only one, I'm going to all of those (aside from BSG, haven't watched much of it) too you know. Though my whole, trade Janeway for eternal life thing will make that much easier. And from what I have seen of BSG, that would be like the ultimate insult to the Cylons, especially if they are droid controlled.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Actually, the ultimate insult for the new series Cylons would be finding God and getting him/her/it/they to bitchslap the human Cylon models.

Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

^Meh, like I said, I haven't seen any more than 3 or four episodes of nBSG, and none of oBSG. But from what I have seen it would be funny to see Vulture droids mowing down Cylon fighters. And the reaction of the leaders at seeing other AI's blowing them apart.
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

As usual, my option, ignoring things like a Death Star, or a World Devastator, would be a war-mod Lucrehulk Battleship. Serious firepower, serious space, a droid crew (The Nieomodians appear mostly extraneous to running it, and we know that in the clone wars many ships had purely droid crews) and most important of all:

Staterooms.

Unlike most warships, this is one designed for rich people to live on.

I would also like at least two T-Series tactical droids, one as ship commander, one as my personal attache. Unlike actual CIS commanders, I will listen to them.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

By the by, since it is such a popular option, here are the stats for an "off the shelf" Lucrehulk freighter from the Last Time we had a similar thread.

Lucrehulk Freighter
Length: 3,170 meters
Hyperdrive rating: Class 2.0
Armament: Quad lasers (28)
Complement: 200 battle droids or troops
Crew: 500
Passengers: 50
Cargo capacity: 25 million metric tons
Consumables: 500 days

Lucrehulk Coreship
Width: 696 meters
Armament:
Pre-Clone Wars refitting: * Point-defense light laser cannons (280)
Crew:
* 60 Trade Federation supervisors
* 3,000 droid crew
* 200,000 maintenance droids

Passengers: 60,000 (stateroom capacity for delegates)
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

^Thanks for the stats Crossroads, it will help some people decide on their ship. As for myself, I think I'll do a little list here...

Practicality: Super World Devastator or War-Mod Lucrehulk

Looks: Victory Star Destroyer (preferably dark green)

Obscene amount of firepower: Fractal's Assertor Class

That should round out my favored options. All of which would have that Alternate Reality drive so I can go off and help several versions of Earth.
SithQueen
Redshirt
Location: Somewhere in the Milky Way. That's as fine-lined as it gets.

Post by SithQueen »

Probably the Victory SD. :luv:
My good blade carves the casques of men,
My tough lance thrusteth sure,
My strength is as the strength of ten,
Because my heart is pure.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Either a Lucrehulk or a Home One, milky way galaxy, Happy Funtime Alliance sounds good to me, make way for the HFAS Hunter S. Thompson. If the Happy Funtime Alliance isn't an option for some reason, I'll park the damn thing in orbit and declare it my own resort nation, with all the booze, drugs, gambling, and hookers anyone could want. I might also contract with a government, or maybe the UN or something to help solve some problems, but this brings in some trust issues. I don't want to kill anybody, I really don't want to get involved in anybody's wars, and I especially don't want some intelligence spook assassinating me so his bosses can use my ship to glass their enemies, that shit's not cool, man.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

PhilosopherOfSorts wrote:Either a Lucrehulk or a Home One, milky way galaxy, Happy Funtime Alliance sounds good to me, make way for the HFAS Hunter S. Thompson. If the Happy Funtime Alliance isn't an option for some reason, I'll park the damn thing in orbit and declare it my own resort nation, with all the booze, drugs, gambling, and hookers anyone could want. I might also contract with a government, or maybe the UN or something to help solve some problems, but this brings in some trust issues. I don't want to kill anybody, I really don't want to get involved in anybody's wars, and I especially don't want some intelligence spook assassinating me so his bosses can use my ship to glass their enemies, that shit's not cool, man.
Nice...hey I never said I was opposed to that alliance idea...I just prefer to actually do some defending of humanity. That being said, you can do whatever the heck you want with your ship, I don't stop anyone from doing anything. And yes, if you aren't offering to help Earth...whatever you do, don't let them know you exist. Even the wimpy Feddies will be willing to do a little assassination for a Luchrehulk or a Home One.
PhilosopherOfSorts
Jedi Master
Location: Waynesburg, PA, its small, its insignifigant, its almost West Virginia.

Post by PhilosopherOfSorts »

Crap, I should have specified, I meant our Milky Way, circa 2011, not Federation times. I'm not opposed to helping humanity, its just that in the era I was thinking of, there's nothing really to defend us from, aside from ourselves and the odd space rock or two, and lots of ways gigaton level firepower could make things much worse. Earth would know I was there, kinda hard to hide a five kilometer ship sitting in geosynch, but I would never let it be known that I have enough firepower at my disposal to wipe entire continents off the map.
A fuse is a physical embodyment of zen, in order for it to succeed, it must fail.

Power to the Peaceful

If you have friends like mine, raise your glasses. If you don't, raise your standards.