The Clone Wars Season 3 discussion thread.

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Grouchy224
Redshirt

Re: The Clone Wars Season 3 discussion thread.

Post by Grouchy224 »

Well, from what I'm understanding they're going to be the ones providing Dooku with another apprentice in the form of Savage Opress. Seems sort of odd, but if I remember correctly arent the Nightsisterst he only sect of Witches at the time that view men as Equals instead of slaves?
Talhe
Padawan Learner

Post by Talhe »

Well, from what I'm understanding they're going to be the ones providing Dooku with another apprentice in the form of Savage Opress. Seems sort of odd, but if I remember correctly arent the Nightsisterst he only sect of Witches at the time that view men as Equals instead of slaves?
All the Witches of Danthomir enslave men. There's supposed to be allegedly moral sect of witches at this time that was encountered centuries before by Yoda. Allegedly because they still enslave men and don't allow them to learn about the Force, but aren't as obviously evil. If Lucas gets rid of them, I'm not complaining
What can change the nature of Man?

-Ravel Puzzlewel, Planescape: Torment
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Random blog link about TCW's coming animation update

Notice that Anakin will soon be in his RotS clothes, and Ashoka looks much better, with a less slutty/kiddy/disturbing outfit.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Nice to see clone commandos. Wonder if they'll walk all over Traviss's stuff as they've done before. :D

I also wonder if they'll update the clone troopers. Other than that, that trailer was surprisingly cool.
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Savage oppress....why do I like that name?

Also, I am betting that Ventress will somehow sabotage/kill Oppress.
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Srelex wrote: I also wonder if they'll update the clone troopers. Other than that, that trailer was surprisingly cool.
We've already seen Phase II (i.e. RotS) Clone trooper armor, in a hologram in the episode where that Senator is murdered. The pro-military industrial complex politicians are looking at it.

And of course, the ARC Troopers have that 'interim' half-way between Phase I and Phase II armor introduced at the start of this season, which Filoni says is meant to indicate they're testing out the bleeding edge equipment before it goes into general service.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Grouchy224
Redshirt

Post by Grouchy224 »

Apparently from what I understand the Clone Commandos we're going to be seeing are none other than Delta Squad. Anyone else excited about this?
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Vympel wrote:Random blog link about TCW's coming animation update

Notice that Anakin will soon be in his RotS clothes, and Ashoka looks much better, with a less slutty/kiddy/disturbing outfit.
Looks like the new look premiers this Friday according to SW.com, so the chronology issues should also cease from here on out. Yay!

Oh, and watching the episode commentary from last week, and those Rebel Alliance pilot wings Filoni has are awesome. Apparently some Rebel Legion dude makes them up, so either he got a pair for free or paid for them.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

So who's seen the new episode?
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

I saw it. I watched it before I saw the site talking about Ahsoka's new look, it's both striking and subtle enough that when she stands next to Anakin it makes you think 'was she always that tall?'

As for Oppress I'll be interested in seeing how they work with that.

The one thing I'm most curious about are the Commandos. If that is Delta Squad then the trooper we see is Sev, who went missing towards the tail end of the initial invasion of Kashyyyk. So either Republic Commando is going to retconned or Sev has been rescued from whatever happened...
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

But Kashyyyk happened only a short while before ROTS, no? Couldn't this just be set before that?
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Srelex wrote:But Kashyyyk happened only a short while before ROTS, no? Couldn't this just be set before that?
Which Battle of Kashyyyk, though? The Mission to Kashyyyk took place before the Battle of Kashyyyk, the date of the mission took place 275 days after Geonosis which would mean the Battle of Kashyyyk proper would have occurred over roughly two years.
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Well, either way, unless there's something really glaring I don't see why it can't just be set before the mission, regardless of when it took place.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

General Schatten wrote:I saw it. I watched it before I saw the site talking about Ahsoka's new look, it's both striking and subtle enough that when she stands next to Anakin it makes you think 'was she always that tall?'
Yeah, she looks great.

Other observations:
- When did she acquire a second lightsaber and does that mean she has now changed fighting styles?
- The seperatist were clearly modeled after 18th century Britain. Heck, the parliament and the clothes alone...but I like it.
- The seperatist keep forces defending their planets. Nice to see those.
- deregulation of the banks is the path to an empire. :lol:
- The episode shows that contrary to previous beliefs, the Republic clearly did not mobilize fully. In fact, it seems more as if the war is fought between whatever forces individual planets gave to the war effort or the parliaments ordered.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
The Original Nex
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Original Nex »

Also it seems to imply that they can grow clones much faster than AOTC indicated (10 years). Unless either a) they're anticipating the war lasting at least 10 more years (unlikely given the reasonably popular sentiment to END the war) or b) the Kaminoans have grown a significant number of clones to adulthood and battle-readyness, but are with-holding delivery to the Republic due to a lack of payment.
Talhe
Padawan Learner

Post by Talhe »

Also it seems to imply that they can grow clones much faster than AOTC indicated (10 years). Unless either a) they're anticipating the war lasting at least 10 more years (unlikely given the reasonably popular sentiment to END the war) or b) the Kaminoans have grown a significant number of clones to adulthood and battle-readyness, but are with-holding delivery to the Republic due to a lack of payment.
You would be correct on the first part; according to The Force Unleashed 2 (yes, I know), Starkiller was cloned and fully useable in less then a year. The 10 years bit could be seen as merely extended testing period for different types of training.

Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Srelex wrote:Well, either way, unless there's something really glaring I don't see why it can't just be set before the mission, regardless of when it took place.
Because Anakin and Obi-Wan are in their RotS stlye of dress, which doesn't occur until very late in the war.
Talhe wrote:You would be correct on the first part; according to The Force Unleashed 2 (yes, I know), Starkiller was cloned and fully useable in less then a year. The 10 years bit could be seen as merely extended testing period for different types of training.
Indeed, numerous sources indicate the Republic used a myriad of cloning methods throughout the war. However, I've seen it argued that Spaarti clones are somehow inferior, but according to TTT that only applies if you don't leave them in to gestate for at least a standard year.
Thanas wrote:- The episode shows that contrary to previous beliefs, the Republic clearly did not mobilize fully. In fact, it seems more as if the war is fought between whatever forces individual planets gave to the war effort or the parliaments ordered.
From what I gathered from the episode, prior to the attack on Coruscant the Republic were trying to be defensive and hope the Confederacy would give up trying to annex the rest of the Republic. With the attack it appears this is the part of the war where they change gears and the Outer Rim Sieges will begin as the Republic decides it's had enough.
Talhe
Padawan Learner

Post by Talhe »

Indeed, numerous sources indicate the Republic used a myriad of cloning methods throughout the war. However, I've seen it argued that Spaarti clones are somehow inferior, but according to TTT that only applies if you don't leave them in to gestate for at least a standard year.
About the inferiority of the clones; where is the info from? Not that I'm doubting you, but I thought the main worry about using such quick-grown clones was due to clone madness, not quality?

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

From Traviss, so the veracity is kinda doubtful.
------------
------------
My LPs
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Talhe wrote:About the inferiority of the clones; where is the info from? Not that I'm doubting you, but I thought the main worry about using such quick-grown clones was due to clone madness, not quality?
Thanas is right, it's a Traviss claim, which is why I dismiss it. It also comes from a Jango-template Clone, though I can't remember if it's one of her Clone Commandos or a line trooper. If it's the former then it can be dismissed as their delusional 'Mando' bullshit, if the latter it's just intraservice rivalry.
Adam Reynolds
Jedi Council Member

Post by Adam Reynolds »

General Schatten wrote:
Srelex wrote:But Kashyyyk happened only a short while before ROTS, no? Couldn't this just be set before that?
Which Battle of Kashyyyk, though? The Mission to Kashyyyk took place before the Battle of Kashyyyk, the date of the mission took place 275 days after Geonosis which would mean the Battle of Kashyyyk proper would have occurred over roughly two years.
According to Wookiepedia, the date is just before ROTS as Ryan Kaufman intended and the date given in the game is incorrect. However this infomation is sourced to the Travis novel Order 66.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Adamskywalker007 wrote:According to Wookiepedia, the date is just before ROTS as Ryan Kaufman intended and the date given in the game is incorrect. However this infomation is sourced to the Travis novel Order 66.
It's not actually sourced to the novel since it never appears, the statement as far as I can tell is sourced to nothing in particular.
Srelex
Jedi Master

Post by Srelex »

Not a bad episode, though I imagine that the Separatist Parliament would be more of a rubber stamp, especially in relation to the Council. I also wonder what was causing the smaller explosions after the generator destruction?
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Srelex wrote:Not a bad episode, though I imagine that the Separatist Parliament would be more of a rubber stamp, especially in relation to the Council.
I thought so too, but I prefer this version, as it explains how the seperatists are able to get highly idealistic worlds to follow them.

I also wonder what was causing the smaller explosions after the generator destruction?
Given that a lot of the structures are kept in place due to repulsor, my guess is those repulsors failing on stuff that doesn't had a backup generator, or traffic incidents due to flow control shutting down or something.

Coruscant is essentially built upon hundreds of km of other structures, so repulsors failing should have a heavy effect.
------------
------------
My LPs
FTeik
Jedi Council Member

Post by FTeik »

General Schatten wrote:
Talhe wrote:About the inferiority of the clones; where is the info from? Not that I'm doubting you, but I thought the main worry about using such quick-grown clones was due to clone madness, not quality?
Thanas is right, it's a Traviss claim, which is why I dismiss it. It also comes from a Jango-template Clone, though I can't remember if it's one of her Clone Commandos or a line trooper. If it's the former then it can be dismissed as their delusional 'Mando' bullshit, if the latter it's just intraservice rivalry.
It is absolute bullshit, if you consider that GA Thrawn wouldn't have come very far with his campaign, if the Spaarti-clones he used had really been that inferior.

Fortunately Traviss is gone from SW, unfortunately not soon enough.
The optimist thinks, that we live in the best of all possible worlds and the pessimist is afraid, that this is true.

"Don't ask, what your country can do for you. Ask, what you can do for your country." Mao Tse-Tung.