Could Bilbringi Shipyard build SSD's?

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

Ok I may take this little off topic now, but instead of making a new thread I just put the question in here. I have heard Thrawn used some kind of tech gear, a large shield or several shields to force the NR fleet to enter the system of Bilbringi through small narrow corridors? What was it?
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Trooper TK12746
Padawan Learner

Post by Trooper TK12746 »

I thouoght he just had golan stations defending some approaches.
Dark Primus
Jedi Master

Post by Dark Primus »

I have been told on SB Thrawn used something, I think it was stated to be large shields forming large corridors to force the NR fleet to enter the inner part of the system in certain directions where Thrawns fleet would have better fire cover.
EAT SHIT AND DIE! - Because I say so

"Me Grimlock Badass" -Grimlock
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Dark Primus wrote:I have been told on SB Thrawn used something, I think it was stated to be large shields forming large corridors to force the NR fleet to enter the inner part of the system in certain directions where Thrawns fleet would have better fire cover.
They've mixed up two different sources.

Traffic inside the shipyards for freighters and so was limited to strict pathways, to prevent anyone from just flying around where they wanted to. This system was put into place after earlier in the book Karades friends blew the crap out of an ISD under construction and ran away laughing. The pathways were apparently enclosed by shielded pathways which if you tried to deviate from, BUMP!

The NR fleet however came out of hyperspace without comming near said shipyards. They were brought to Thrawns party exactly where he wanted by a flotila of Interdictor cruisers. The forcefield system clearly didn't annoy Rogue Squadron any, which makes me think it was designed so you enter and exit the shipyard at specific points which link into this system. And I dobut it would annoy a major warship any. Its a security system, nothing more.
Trooper TK12746
Padawan Learner

Didn't he have Golan Stations defending certain approaches?
Agent R
Padawan Learner

Post by Agent R »

According to the "Essential Guide to Planets and Moons," there were only four Golan II stations (5, counting the one Thrawn had cloaked and dragged further into the system), and they were all brought in close to defend the yards. They probably could have defended certain approaches, but that was not their main purpose.
No conscience. No law. No stopping them....

....well, maybe a Happy Meal would do it.

Ka Anor needs test subjects!
I still think Furlings look like tribbles
Trooper TK12746
Padawan Learner

Oh. That cloaked Golan was a cool idea. Something good that came out of the NJO.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Trooper TK12746 wrote:Oh. That cloaked Golan was a cool idea. Something good that came out of the NJO.
:roll:
Um, I dont believe the Thrawn campaigns took place during the NJO period.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Trooper TK12746
Padawan Learner

No, but in the NJO, they had a battle at Bilbringi. And they brought in a cloaked Golan station that had been put there by thrawn as a secret weapon.