Dream EU casting

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Dream EU casting

Post by FaxModem1 »

He'll be in makeup, and he seems to be doing fine on the Borgias.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Maybe makeup would work, but he's in his sixties, and if he was in a trilogy, he'd probably be in his seventies before it was over.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

For Thrawn I'd cast Daniel Day Lewis or Charles Dance. Jeremy Irons could be Pellaeon perhaps.

Jennifer Lawrence would make a good Jaina Solo, she would make a great Sword of the Jedi, I'd cast Ian Somerhalder who I saw as Boone in Lost . Tom Cruise could be infallible mighty midget Corran Horn. I'd like to see Nathan Fillion in there somewhere, perhaps as Wes Janson if he makes an appearance.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, it's not like Thrawn did anything more taxing than stand up from his chair. I don't think it would be a strain on Jeremy Irons, unless he had an allergic reaction to blue makeup and red contact lenses.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

CGI should be able to compensate for that these days I think (mind you, I've been wrong before).
And while Nathan Fillion has the personality of Wes Janson down pat if Malcom Reynolds and Richard Castle are any indication, at least for something parked around the X-Wing books/TTT timeframe I think he's a little too old. Not that there's any compulsion to go with that timeframe mind you.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Are you saying its ok to pick a guy who's old as shit because CGI will fix it, but not okay to pick a guy who's middle-aged because he's too old?

I mean I know threads like this are just 'lists of actors I like' but come on. If you want grandpa Thrawn you can deal with not 24 Wes.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I was talking about the allergies actually, but you're right. Point taken.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
zman
Redshirt

Post by zman »

Benedict Cumberbatch or Micheal Fastbender are the only two actors who could do a good Thrawn
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Oh yeah, I could see Fassbender as Thrawn. I mean, I don't think he is OMG THE BEST CHARACTER EVER!!! but he was decent.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Fassbender as Thrawn occurred to me as well.

He's a good actor. He was just about the only part of X-Men: First Class that I liked.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Wow really? I though First Class was great all the way around. Fassbender was certainly the highlight, but not liking anything else?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

As I recall it was often mediocre, but their were some serious problems with the story. It particularly annoyed me that they contradicted certain parts of the previous films while using other parts. They should have either done a full blown reboot or respected the existing continuity.

I could go on, but I don't want to highjack the thread.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Not to get into the X-Men, but what parts were contradicted from the previous movies? I mean I do have to admit that I wasn't a big fan of the originals and especially the third installment and the Wolverine movie, but I don't remember anything glaring.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

For example, isn't Xavier still able to walk when he finds Jean Grey at the start of X-Men 3? Also, wasn't the government looking for him after the incident at the end of First Class? How could he remain hidden while running a school all that time, even with his telepathic abilities? And doesn't First Class contradict the line in the first film about Magneto helping to build Cerebro?

I'm not sure, because its been a while since I've seen it. But as I recall it contradicted quite a bit (mostly from X-Men 3).
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I think so. It also pretty firmly ignores X-Men Origins: Wolverine, but both those move quite honestly were sub-par at best and completely sucked at worst. If First Class re-writes some of the crappier parts of the franchise, I am way OK with that .
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Regardless of the quality of X-Men 3 and Wolverine, it also fucked with the first film.

If they'd done a proper reboot, I'd have been fine with that. But changing some things and not others is contradictory and annoying.

Edited to improve the last sentence.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Changing some things but not others is what reboots are about. If you wanted to change everything you wouldn't do a reboot, you'd start something completely new from scratch. Keeping some elements while ditching or reshaping others is at the core of reboots. Changing some things but not others is only a problem if you do it within the same continuity. I wasn't aware First Class was supposed to be in the same continuity as the previous X movies.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Yeah, it is.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Which means the shit I mentioned is a really big problem.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

No not at all really.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

This is kind of off-topic anyway. If anyone starts a thread to debate X-Men: First Class's continuity (or lack of it), maybe I'll check it out, but for now, can we all just agree that Fassbender is a good actor?
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I have a feeling all of the inconsistancies will be fixed with X-Men: Time Travel Bullfuckery
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

No one disagreed that Fassbender was a good actor.
And no Flagg, X-Men time travel doesn't work that way.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

I dunno man. Nerds tend to get their way and all the bitching I heard about FC was about continuity.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw