The Final Tale Of Mace Windu (Storyboards)

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Re: The Final Tale Of Mace Windu (Storyboards)

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Clone Wars needs to do an Episode Where there are Mynocks on the spaceship and Windu goes "THATS IT IVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING MYNOCKS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING STAR CRUISER"

It is an homage you see.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Clone Wars needs to do an Episode Where there are Mynocks on the spaceship and Windu goes "THATS IT IVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING MYNOCKS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING STAR CRUISER"

It is an homage you see.
How about...not.
I don't really begrudge anyone their own little "He didn't die because I like him!" - my own personal one is Kit Fisto. I firmly believe that his lightsaber wound was nonfatal, he escaped during Windu's duel and escaped back home to have many tadpole babies.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Molyneux wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:Clone Wars needs to do an Episode Where there are Mynocks on the spaceship and Windu goes "THATS IT IVE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKING MYNOCKS ON THIS MOTHERFUCKING STAR CRUISER"

It is an homage you see.
How about...not.
I don't really begrudge anyone their own little "He didn't die because I like him!" - my own personal one is Kit Fisto. I firmly believe that his lightsaber wound was nonfatal, he escaped during Windu's duel and escaped back home to have many tadpole babies.
Kit Fisto slinked away while Palpatine was screeching about unlimited something, hitched a shuttle to Felucia, revived his blue honey and lived his days happily away from the whole mess the galaxy had become :P .
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Molyneux wrote:

It is an homage you see.
How about...not.
Kit Fisto slinked away while Palpatine was screeching about unlimited something, hitched a shuttle to Felucia, revived his blue honey and lived his days happily away from the whole mess the galaxy had become :P .
Sounds like you need to draw 'The Final Tale of Kit Fisto' man. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Havok wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote: Kit Fisto slinked away while Palpatine was screeching about unlimited something, hitched a shuttle to Felucia, revived his blue honey and lived his days happily away from the whole mess the galaxy had become :P .
Sounds like you need to draw 'The Final Tale of Kit Fisto' man. :D
Damn straight! Though I'm not too sure about Ayla...she's pretty thoroughly blasted on-screen.
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Doesn't the novelization kill that though since it depicts Kit Fisto's severed head?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Darth Fanboy wrote:Doesn't the novelization kill that though since it depicts Kit Fisto's severed head?
I had this round-about with Molyneux. I did tell him way back that is how the novelization did it and it ended it, but he expressed it that he accepts it but wanted a better ending for his fave green Jedi.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ghost Rider wrote:
Darth Fanboy wrote:Doesn't the novelization kill that though since it depicts Kit Fisto's severed head?
I had this round-about with Molyneux. I did tell him way back that is how the novelization did it and it ended it, but he expressed it that he accepts it but wanted a better ending for his fave green Jedi.
I have a problem with this... the movie clearly shows Fisto being stabbed, not decapitated, so unless we assume that Palpatine went back and did the deed somehow during the Windu fight or later, offscreen, I would say that he still has his head.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Havok wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
I have a problem with this... the movie clearly shows Fisto being stabbed, not decapitated, so unless we assume that Palpatine went back and did the deed somehow during the Windu fight or later, offscreen, I would say that he still has his head.
The entire fight in the novel versus the movie is different in so many ways that I wonder whether Lucas knew what the fuck the right hand was doing while the left hand was spanking.

At best one can manuver the various bits to kind of fit and in the end resolve that no one likely survived, unless when Paply was spouting platitudes they just sorta snuck out :mrgreen:

Molyneux
Emperor's Hand

Post by Molyneux »

Havok wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:
It's even worse than that, really. The movie has Fisto being hit below the screen - we can see a flash and he grimaces in pain, but I don't think we ever get to even see the actual wound.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

OK I am bumping this because A) I can't find my drawings or scans B) I noticed I never really got feedback as we just kinda meandered off and C) as I can't find my drawings or scans, I can't make a new thread about it.

However, from memory I started working on the first page in actual comic form and completeness. I was pretty close.

Man I love all my special effects "run" faaaaaalllll" "miss" :lol:
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

You weren't supposed to do this.

Fortunately the upcoming football season will derail this abortion of a concept. Niners and Raiders don't share a bye week so we should be ok.

It is like my sig said after RoTS came out. "MACE WINDU IS FUCKING DEAD AND HE'S NEVER COMING BACK."

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Shut the fuck up Fanboy. I want serious feedback, not mindless prattle, which is why I didn't post THIS thread in testing. I know you don't like Mace being alive already, now go the fuck away.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

Post some stuff then, I might be anti story line but I'm stoked to see the artwork.

RazorOutlaw
Padawan Learner

Post by RazorOutlaw »

Ok, I don't think my cross-posting this here will be much of an issue since the Testing thread will get deleted anyway.

I like it. Maybe it's easy to write bad-ass dialogue but I could hear Samuel L. Jackson's voice in my head as I read the comic, so you've got me that far. Hmm, and I thought having him be saved from the fall was a good "fuck you" to the movie because, in retrospect, getting tossed out the window wasn't that great of a death. Better for it to have not been a death at all.

The little kid and big bear felt like a weird Luke Skywalker and Chewbacca pairing. I'm kind of iffy about that and how cute the bear-creature looks, but I trust your writing talent. It'll probably turn out all right, and it kept my interest enough to keep reading.

I can't comment on much else besides (continuity and shit) because while I like Star Wars I don't find myself getting involved in the back-story and issues in the second trilogy very much. Good luck, Hav.
Sig.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Maybe I should do one of these for Jocasta Nu...

Anyway, OT, aside from trying to figure out that this was some time later with the kid and the cute beast, it was pretty good. I am curious as to where he set up shop and the story of the box.