Imperial Palace on Coruscant.

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:Good god, What does someone DO with something that big? I mean, sure, I can understand the Emperor building it for Ego and purely to show off... But, whats HE going to do inside?
Those who misbehave have to run laps.
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

frogcurry wrote:The palace in Dark Forces 2 was Kyle Katarns, after the formation and fall again of the Republic that would have occured if Katarn had turned evil. Theres no reason to assume it wasn't massively modified between the two periods and are the same building underneath.
That's good, because that version is ugly as sin.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Meh for my part I always thought the building we see in RotJ with the statute getting toppled was the palace, but that's just my silly idea.
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Vympel wrote:Meh for my part I always thought the building we see in RotJ with the statute getting toppled was the palace, but that's just my silly idea.
It's a little small......
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
GTGear2000
Redshirt

Post by GTGear2000 »

Thanks for the information and I also managed to find a couple of pics.According to all the other buildings,Imperial Palace is huge.Makes ya wonder why Palaptine would want something that big.
Trogdor
Sith Devotee

Post by Trogdor »

Lord Sander wrote:I think the game Rebellion had yet another version.
Not neccesarily. In the cutscene in Rebellion, you see a rebel ship shooting at a bigass Imperial cog in a fairly medicore looking skyscraper, IIRC. While the announcer screaming "Rebel troops have taken the Palace!" at that time certainly implies that that building is it, the game never directly says as much. And since it looked like a relatively unimpressive structure, I always assumed that it wasn't it.
"I want to mow down a bunch of motherfuckers with absurdly large weapons and relative impunity - preferably in and around a skyscraper. Then I want to fight a grim battle against the unlikely duo of the Terminator and Robocop. The last level should involve (but not be limited to) multiple robo-Hitlers and a gorillasaurus rex."--Uraniun235 on his ideal FPS game

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant compared to the power of the Force."--Darth Vader
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Could someone please post a screencap with a circle of the Emperor's statue being toppled? I've even gone over the DVD, and still haven't been able to spot it. :oops:

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

You've got to be kidding. That thing's like half the height of the screen...

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:You've got to be kidding. That thing's like half the height of the screen...
So I'm told. :oops:

Its weird, I saw the YT-1300s in AotC and RotS immediately, hell, even the one on the side of the building in Blade Runner, but I can't seem to see the Emperor's statue.

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

It's at the end of the shot, watch the middle of the screen in the background for the statue falling along with the sound of it booming as it hits the ground.

Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

YT300000 wrote:
Crossroads Inc. wrote:Good god, What does someone DO with something that big? I mean, sure, I can understand the Emperor building it for Ego and purely to show off... But, whats HE going to do inside?
Those who misbehave have to run laps.
The Palace is so old and so huge that there are legends of lost treasure buried within some of its many thousands of rooms. What I am wondering is how old it is; it's conceivable that the palace structure reaches all the way to the Planet's actual surface.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

The Palace is so old and so huge that there are legends of lost treasure buried within some of its many thousands of rooms. What I am wondering is how old it is; it's conceivable that the palace structure reaches all the way to the Planet's actual surface.
If it has housed the Chancellor in some form since the formation of the Republic, then it is a distinct possiblity.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Makes you wonder how many little potential emperor's hands were lost in there playing tag.

40 year old man wonders out 3 decades after the Death Star was destroyed.

"Hah! I'm the best at hidding! What they, what are all these big ass plants doing here?"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

I don't know if it'd go down to the surface, let alone the old Undercity. There are some nasty things down there...

Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:I don't know if it'd go down to the surface, let alone the old Undercity. There are some nasty things down there...
Still, it is a massive structure, to be simply built on top of older buildings. It at least seems likely that the foundations of the Palace are in the planet's actual surface.
“It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.”
-Jean-Luc Picard

"Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them."
-Margaret Atwood
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

GTGear2000 wrote:Thanks for the information and I also managed to find a couple of pics.According to all the other buildings,Imperial Palace is huge.Makes ya wonder why Palaptine would want something that big.
For the biggest God damn game of hide-and-go-seek you ever did see.

Lord Sander
Padawan Learner

Post by Lord Sander »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:
GTGear2000 wrote:Thanks for the information and I also managed to find a couple of pics.According to all the other buildings,Imperial Palace is huge.Makes ya wonder why Palaptine would want something that big.
See, this is the emergency the Imperial Senate really got suspended for: Palpatine invited all the Senators over for a game of hide-and-seek and he couldn't find them again.
Last edited by Lord Sander on 2005-05-31 11:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Sander,
"Oderint dum metuant"
Glory to the Empire and Emperor Palpatine!
Guardsman Bass
Cowardly Codfish

Post by Guardsman Bass »

The building is so huge, it'd be like playing Olympic Hide-And-Seek like on Monty Python. (basically, the person hiding could hide anywhere in the world, and the person seeking him had a whole year to find him). :D
-Jean-Luc Picard

-Margaret Atwood
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

See, this is the emergency the Imperial Senate really got suspended for: Palpatine invited the all Senators over for a game of hide-and-seek and he couldn't find them again.
I wonder if it worked out like the game of hide-and-seek the Arc detachement played underneath 500 Republica in LOE? :wink:
The Rift
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Guardsman Bass wrote:
The building is so huge, it'd be like playing Olympic Hide-And-Seek like on Monty Python. (basically, the person hiding could hide anywhere in the world, and the person seeking him had a whole year to find him). :D
I remember that sketch, that was fantastic. :lol:

Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

Lord Sander wrote:TIE Fighter version
DF2: Jedi Knight version

I think the game Rebellion had yet another version.
I like the TIE Fighter version better by far.
You mean this one?
Big version of the pic:
http://xwing.wz.cz/sc_tf1.htm

I really like this one. Has a real sense of style.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Tribun, that image was already posted, in fact inside the post that I'm quoting, hence how I was able to comment on it.

Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

:oops: