Star Wars: Rebels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Post by Rogue 9 »

Ender wrote: 2017-11-01 07:01pm
Rogue 9 wrote: 2017-10-31 08:14pm Also the atmosphere completely changed in the literal sense. They seemed to have forgotten that they'd just established that Lothal was totally fucked up and the atmosphere wrecked.
California is burning to ash right now, and some of the pictures from that look like what we saw as they landed on Lothal.

Things are fine in Indiana.

Planets are big man
But we also saw it from orbit and the fires were widespread and notable.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Like these ones?

"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
CetaMan
Youngling

Post by CetaMan »

That's more noticeable smoke trails then flame, besides significantly larger parts of Lothal are still orange, glowing then there is smoke in that picture.
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Not remotely. Like these ones:

It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Yes, but in those same pictures you can still see some regions of the planet that still look like normal.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Ender wrote: 2017-11-01 07:01pm
Rogue 9 wrote: 2017-10-31 08:14pm Also the atmosphere completely changed in the literal sense. They seemed to have forgotten that they'd just established that Lothal was totally fucked up and the atmosphere wrecked.
California is burning to ash right now, and some of the pictures from that look like what we saw as they landed on Lothal.

Things are fine in Indiana.

Planets are big man
Good point
Bullets always have the right of away
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

I just re-watched the episode: look at the scene where Hera and Kanan report about the factory from atop the tower. The pollution is there and noticeable, the land barren, and its day.
Credo!
Chat with me on Skype if you want to talk about writing, ideas or if you want a test-reader! PM for address.
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

The capital and area is in terrible shape.

So it is safe to say that Ezra and co are far, far away.
Credo!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I don't remember seeing any grass near where Ezra and co where, snown yes but no grass
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Is it snow or is it ash
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

You are really not letting go of this "planet-wide wasteland" idea, are you?

I looked at a trailer and it's snow (in my opinion). We don't see any other signs of pollution that are visible in the screenshot I posted. It's tundra landscape. Ezra and co should be wearing thicker clothing but it looks like tundra in a warmer time.

The lack of grass is likely to be also because it is easier to animate. Grass takes extra computation and removing it probably sped up production of the episode significantly due to it being set almost entirely outdoors.
Credo!
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

* :?: Looks up previous post on this topic*
If you're replying to me I don't seem to remember siding from one side of the debate or the other
Mange
Sith Marauder

Post by Mange »

Zixinus wrote: 2017-11-04 06:17am You are really not letting go of this "planet-wide wasteland" idea, are you?

I looked at a trailer and it's snow (in my opinion). We don't see any other signs of pollution that are visible in the screenshot I posted. It's tundra landscape. Ezra and co should be wearing thicker clothing but it looks like tundra in a warmer time.

The lack of grass is likely to be also because it is easier to animate. Grass takes extra computation and removing it probably sped up production of the episode significantly due to it being set almost entirely outdoors.
Uh, according to the trivia gallery for the episode on StarWars.com, the design of Lothal was to "emphasize the ecological mismanagement" of the planet that turned "the pastoral grasslands into something akin to the Dust Bowl era".

Also, "As per design notes, the pollution of dust and smoke would make it unclear whether it is day or night..."
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

If you're replying to me I don't seem to remember siding from one side of the debate or the other
Sorry, I got the wrong impression.
Uh, according to the trivia gallery for the episode on StarWars.com, the design of Lothal was to "emphasize the ecological mismanagement" of the planet that turned "the pastoral grasslands into something akin to the Dust Bowl era".

Also, "As per design notes, the pollution of dust and smoke would make it unclear whether it is day or night..."
Yes, and? I don't deny that's the case, hell, I posted a screenshot where you can see that (click on it, I made a full screenshot and made it a thumbnail to not brake phone users screens). I'm just denying that's the case EVERYWHERE on the planet, as evidence by the last episode. It makes sense for that to be the case because planets are big and one part being a pollution-ridden hellhole does not mean the rest of it has to be.
Credo!
Abacus
Jedi Knight

Post by Abacus »

It's affecting large swathes of the planet, possibly areas as large as continents, but it's not planet-wide. As we can *SEE* in the images presented. Ezra and Co. were in one of the colder areas, further from the capitol and industrial zones, which meant they were untouched and snowed in -- he even talks about the cold weather animals that live there. It is unlikely that the current ecological damage would effect the entire planet, since the planet is not an ecumenopolis and does not have such a widespread populace (aka cities where industry would reasonable be constructed). While it's awful to look at, likely due to 'Dust Bowl'-like conditions, as the source from SW.com said.
"Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?"
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

It looks like World Devastators have been recon
eMeM
Padawan Learner

Post by eMeM »

Well, World Devastators Lite
Zixinus
Emperor's Hand

Post by Zixinus »

Yup, that went as well as reason dictates a competent military force should have been able to do. And they still suffered heavily loses (seriously, does anyone have a count how many bigger Imperial ships were dramatically and surprisingly easily destroyed just this season?). I mean, what's the point of a blockade if you can't stop an inferior force from slipping by?

I am worrying about both Hera and Kanan because we have seen more of their relationship than before. Which means that either one of them is going to be cut off from the other, as that is a preparation to show the pain either one of them would have if the other is gone somehow.
Credo!
Rogue 9

Post by Rogue 9 »

Under the heading of "Bad ideas:" Attacking an Imperial blockade with fewer starfighters than they have Star Destroyers. :razz:
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Watching a couple of the clips, I can only conclude:
The Plotz Armour is dialed to about 15 now
Thrawn, is a Rebel Agent....
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

I didn't count 24 Star Destroyers? Ships in total MAYBE but not ISDs
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
PhoenixKnig
Padawan Learner

Post by PhoenixKnig »

Wow
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Burak Gazan wrote: 2017-11-13 09:26pm Watching a couple of the clips, I can only conclude:
The Plotz Armour is dialed to about 15 now
Thrawn, is a Rebel Agent....
I did not really see anything that suggests Thrawn is working for the rebels, sure he might have his "personal" agenda but I did see anything to suggest that agenda was pro-rebel (or even directly anti-imperial).

At least not in the materials so far published.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

He just helped destroy one of, if not THE only operational TIE-D's AND it's crack test-pilot. I donno, but the Rebels should give him a frapping medal on that alone :mrgreen:
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Burak Gazan wrote: 2017-11-14 12:17am He just helped destroy one of, if not THE only operational TIE-D's AND it's crack test-pilot. I donno, but the Rebels should give him a frapping medal on that alone :mrgreen:
He also destroyed the whole of Green Squadron, besides the loss of the TIE Defender was as much if not more the fault of the pilot then fault of Thrawn, besides even in legends Thrawn was capable of making mistakes, in fact one such mistake got him killed by his own bodyguard.