Star Wars: Rebels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Post by Galvatron »

Now I'm expecting to find out that Rey's last name is Bridger and that she's half Mandalorian.

I'd like to know more about Tarre Vizsla. I wonder if he fell to the dark side or he remained a loyal Jedi until his death. I bet Karen Traviss would hate him. :)
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I rather enjoyed this episode, and the insights we got into Sabine's character. A family she left to protect them, and they left her for the very thing she was protecting them from. The family reunion is going to hit her hard.

The question I gotta ask, what did Sabine make for the Empire? What kind of weapons was she making? I think this is going to hit Sabine again in future episodes.

It's also worth noting that they took the old EU's name for something, and made it into something a lot better. Darksaber is now the Mandalorian Excalibur, and not a superweapon financed by a Hutt.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Galvatron wrote:I'd like to know more about Tarre Vizsla. I wonder if he fell to the dark side or he remained a loyal Jedi until his death.
I doubt the Jedi would have taken his saber to honor him if that were the case.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
eMeM
Padawan Learner

Post by eMeM »

FaxModem1 wrote: The question I gotta ask, what did Sabine make for the Empire? What kind of weapons was she making? I think this is going to hit Sabine again in future episodes.
I'm more curious as to how the Imperial Academies work, why does the Empire decide to use weapons built by 13-14 years old kids and did Biggs leave the academy because he had enough of his 7 years old classmates.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

eMeM wrote:
FaxModem1 wrote: The question I gotta ask, what did Sabine make for the Empire? What kind of weapons was she making? I think this is going to hit Sabine again in future episodes.
I'm more curious as to how the Imperial Academies work, why does the Empire decide to use weapons built by 13-14 years old kids and did Biggs leave the academy because he had enough of his 7 years old classmates.
I mean I use an iPhone built by 13-14 year old kids....

They will probably have her be a weapon designer (which fits with her creative-artistic stuff and how they have been showing Mandalorian culture manifesting itself through customizing and decorating weapons and armor) but having the dystopia use child labor is not particularly unrealistic.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
eMeM
Padawan Learner

Post by eMeM »

Ender wrote:
eMeM wrote:

They will probably have her be a weapon designer (which fits with her creative-artistic stuff and how they have been showing Mandalorian culture manifesting itself through customizing and decorating weapons and armor) but having the dystopia use child labor is not particularly unrealistic.
She knows way too much about Imperial procedures and technology (like prototype Interdictors) to be a simple child factory worker.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Krennic understudy! :D
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

eMeM wrote:
Ender wrote:
eMeM wrote: I'm more curious as to how the Imperial Academies work, why does the Empire decide to use weapons built by 13-14 years old kids and did Biggs leave the academy because he had enough of his 7 years old classmates.
She knows way too much about Imperial procedures and technology (like prototype Interdictors) to be a simple child factory worker.
She does NOW. Could be she was a simple child factory worker and laboured to learn all she did to compensate for her time as that.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Star Wars Rebels - Sabine's Catharsis Audio Cue | StarWars.com

Your ears will thank you for clicking on this link.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Hmmm... they could have had the elite Mandalorian child-soldier serve in a consulting role in regards to attempts to make new Mando-like weapons systems (ala the jetpacks) when other older Mandos are not as cooperative.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

My guess is bombs, as it's the field Sabine is most experienced in. Maybe she made something that looked like a Mandolorian artifact or something else innocuous, and Mandos took them as trophies, set them up on their mantle for the family to admire, only for them to explode at home with their families.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Or just cluster bombs. Heck, modern day mechanically-detonated pressure-sensitive landmines stuff might be a sort of "lost art" to the Empire. Or like their equivalents use electronic components and might be vulnerable to EMPs. while the Empire and mainstream galactic society hasn't entirely forgotten the methods of mechanical detonators or mechanical pressure plates or something, Mandalorian methods might be more fine-tuned with better more precise tolerances or calibrations because they kept practicing it. And these methods might apply to non-metallic components...
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Maybe they used her paint bombs, and instead of harmless spray paint, filled them with acid, a nerve toxin, a hazardous chemicals, a biological weapon, whatever?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

An acidic nerve toxin that would need Nicholas Cage to stab his own heart with a syringe full of atropine (itself a hazardous chemical in high doses) while thermite plasma (another hazardous chemical) cleanses the area of the bio-weapon!

Hmm... now in my head, Crix Madine is Sean Connery from The Rock.

Losers whine about doing their best while the winner fucks the Queen of Naboo.

Carla was the Queen of Naboo.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

FaxModem1 wrote:Maybe they used her paint bombs, and instead of harmless spray paint, filled them with acid, a nerve toxin, a hazardous chemicals, a biological weapon, whatever?
Isn't some version of Sabine's paints explosive in and of itself? That could one of things she worked in during her time in the academy.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Or she just, I don't know, made bombs and the Empire used those bombs on Mandalorians who were getting rebellious? This doesn't require some super complicated backstory here.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Sure. Yeah. But I mean, why bother with a Mandalorian kiddo for that? They've been making bombs for a million years.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Sure. Yeah. But I mean, why bother with a Mandalorian kiddo for that? They've been making bombs for a million years.
She was there, I guess? She built weapons on Mandalore, which were then used on Mandalore because they were conveniently being built on Mandalore.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Yeah. Okay. No different from the speeders in Lothal.

Or it was some unique design only Sabine knew how to build because she saw Dash Rendar use it. Giant anti-personnel shoulder pads! :D
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

maybe because they were making those bombs on Mandalore (the planet that is). Also Sabine isn't just a random factory worker, she's former member of an imperial military academy suggesting some sort of experimental equiment you'd use random factory workers or droids for bog standard bombs after all not cadets, also Sabine is talents in many unrelated fields, she speaks or understands multiple languages besides basic and mandalorian (or what ever the official name was), is decent with computer systems including electronic security systems and very talented in both explosives and art, not someone who the empire would want to waste doing work normally done by droids. Oh and these weapons were suppose to be devestating enough that mandalorians fear them and even the new mandalorians weren't exactly cowards even if they were pacifists.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Like I said, old-school "Mandalorian-style" mechanically-activated bombs and such would be a nice touch.
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Dash Rendar's shoulder pads looks like they could open up and fire tiny missiles, anime-style.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Not-shitposting:

I really really dig their training. When Kanan was going HIGH-HIGH LOW-LOW we did the exact same thing.

With this guy:

Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

I suspect such a series is fairly standard for any weapon based martial arts, after all it would be easy way to make the student learn the basics in a way that doesn't confuse them. Since Sabine doesn't really know more then very basics of lightsaber combat I suspect that Kanan is teaching the basic training series of Form I until Sabine is good enough with those that she perform the series without thinking and at full speed.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Like I said, old-school "Mandalorian-style" mechanically-activated bombs and such would be a nice touch.
Such techno fetishism seems more something UFP would do instead of Galactic Republic/Empire since for all the high tech devices SW still seems to have a fairly bit of simple mechnical tools as well.