Star Wars: Rebels

PSW: discuss Star Wars without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Post by Elheru Aran »

I wouldn't be very surprised if Kanan bites it somewhere down the road. Zeb (the big alien guy right?) is... I dunno, not that important in the long term Star Wars plot either. Maybe he retires with the rest of his species. Ezra is young enough to either eventually join Luke's Jedi academy or become a Rebel officer, or simply find love on some planet and settle down.

What point on the timeline are the Rebels crew at now that they're at S3? Or is it just the second half of their second season?
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

the current season is the third at 2 BBY so they got until season 5 (assuming 1 season=1 year on average) before they have worry about the timeline as battle of scariff was at 0 BBY (aka during the same year as the battle of Yavin).

EDIT:It's most like that Kanan will "taken out of the picture"(though that doesn't have to mean he was killed just unavaible) at some point before Hoth so there's no jedi for Luke to learn from, Ezra will most likely be end up the same, Zeb's fate isn't important one way or the other so he could survive the galatic civil war to die of old age or not.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Conceptually they *could* possibly continue even past Yavin, they'd just have to kick up Hera to general and have her commanding more forces than just the Ghost crew. But that'd be a rather big paradigm change for the show...
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Elheru Aran wrote:Conceptually they *could* possibly continue even past Yavin, they'd just have to kick up Hera to general and have her commanding more forces than just the Ghost crew. But that'd be a rather big paradigm change for the show...
Sure though I think they've mentioned that Battle of Scariff from the PoV of the Ghost crew (or what's left of it) will be in the culmination of the series, implying it will near the end of the series. Either way they got 2 seasons more or less before that becomes relevant 1 way or another.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

That works for me. Shame I won't get to see it on Netflix probably until the whole shebang is finished though :P
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Has that ship even confirmed to be the Ghost? Or just a freighter of the same design?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

From what I've heard it's been confirmed to be the Ghost same as "general Syndulla" was comfirmed mean Hera and not her father, thru social media from what I've heard.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Lord Revan wrote:
Elheru Aran wrote:Conceptually they *could* possibly continue even past Yavin, they'd just have to kick up Hera to general and have her commanding more forces than just the Ghost crew. But that'd be a rather big paradigm change for the show...
Sure though I think they've mentioned that Battle of Scariff from the PoV of the Ghost crew (or what's left of it) will be in the culmination of the series, implying it will near the end of the series. Either way they got 2 seasons more or less before that becomes relevant 1 way or another.
Given that the Battle of Scarif features most of the good guys dying, that makes me rather worried about what the fate of the Ghost crew will ultimately be. I doubt they'll kill the whole main cast in the finale of an animated Disney series, but then, I doubted they'd do it in Rogue One too.

Hence my curiosity about weather the Ghost can be identified as making it out at the end- it might give some clue as to the series' intentions.

Edited broken spoiler text, because I forgot, again. :banghead:
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

They could have done the post-ANH to ANH to ROTJ "Rebel Scatter" thing with everyone in all those Hoth-like installations across the galaxy. All the Rebel assets that went to ground and only gathered in mass during the pre-Endor preparations in ROTJ.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

They could put the Ghost on Hoth. Right next to the Outrider.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Go to Sith Hell. :P

They could be based on other Rebel hidey spots. That would be great material for freakin' RPGs maaan.
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

The Ghost was at the Battle of Scarif yet absent from the Battle of Yavin. Maybe Hera evacuated Mon Mothma so the rebellion would continue even if the battle was lost.
SCRawl
Has a bad feeling about this.

Post by SCRawl »

Galvatron wrote:The Ghost was at the Battle of Scarif yet absent from the Battle of Yavin. Maybe Hera evacuated Mon Mothma so the rebellion would continue even if the battle was lost.
Assuming she survived Scarif, the Ghost likely stayed with whatever remained of the fleet, or else went wherever she goes when they aren't massed for an attack. The battle of Yavin required fighters, not freighters (although Han Solo was able to help a little), so there would be no need for her there.
73% of all statistics are made up, including this one.

I'm waiting as fast as I can.
Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

The Ghost has shown itself to be capable ship in fighter battles and there's no doubt in my mind that it would have been useful during the Battle of Yavin.

If it wound up being Mon Mothma's personal transport, however, that could explain why we never saw it at Hoth or Endor.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

While capable of dogfights I'd suspect that once rebels had enough material that they didn't need to send every single ship in their arsenal to battles ships like the Ghostor the Milllenium Falcon would be used for supply runs, also I suspect that only the Falcon was present at Endor was that Lando had specifically requested to use that ship instead of a fighter.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

I have a bad feeling that they're going to off the whole cast in the finale now, because they'll think they need to explain why they're not present in the OT (and "its a big galaxy" apparently isn't reason enough), and because Spoiler
Scarif is where main characters go to die.
;)

Edit: But yeah, being used for supply runs, or espionage missions, would explain why it isn't present at big OT battles.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

Lord Revan wrote:While capable of dogfights I'd suspect that once rebels had enough material that they didn't need to send every single ship in their arsenal to battles ships like the Ghostor the Milllenium Falcon would be used for supply runs, also I suspect that only the Falcon was present at Endor was that Lando had specifically requested to use that ship instead of a fighter.
But you didn't object to the other idea. Two years BBY, Mon Mothma was branded a traitor to the Empire and became a wanted fugitive so she fled Chandrila. Maybe the crew of the Ghost rescued her and served as her personal guard thereafter.

After all, wouldn't Mon Mothma as a series-regular make a lot of sense for Rebels? Using this show for character development of the actual leader of the rebellion seems a no-brainer to me.
The Romulan Republic wrote:Edit: But yeah, being used for supply runs, or espionage missions, would explain why it isn't present at big OT battles.
I can't imagine what could be more important for one of the rebellion's hero ships than participating in the climactic final battle against the second Death Star. Except for maybe protecting the leader of the whole damn Alliance.
Last edited by Galvatron on 2017-01-12 12:40am, edited 1 time in total.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Or... maybe they die with the Bothans in time for ROTJ. ;) :twisted:
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Galvatron wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:While capable of dogfights I'd suspect that once rebels had enough material that they didn't need to send every single ship in their arsenal to battles ships like the Ghostor the Milllenium Falcon would be used for supply runs, also I suspect that only the Falcon was present at Endor was that Lando had specifically requested to use that ship instead of a fighter.
But you didn't object to the other idea. Two years BBY, Mon Mothma was branded a traitor to the Empire and became a wanted fugitive so she fled Chandrila. Maybe the crew of the Ghost rescued her and served as her personal guard thereafter.

After all, wouldn't Mon Mothma as a series-regular make a lot of sense for Rebels? Using this show for character development of the actual leader of the rebellion seems a no-brainer to me.
it's not a bad idea, but we'll see
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Its not a bad idea, no. Although I'd think that they could afford at least a Corvette for their leader's personal transport.

That said, their's some merit to have a small and inconspicuous transport if you need to smuggle your leader around unnoticed by the Imperials. Of course, the Ghost is quite well-known to the upper echelons of the Empire now, but if ships like the Ghost are common enough, it might work. Say an arc where they have to smuggle Mon Mothma someone on some mission or evacuation without it being noticed by the Empire.

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

I imagine the Ghost being to Mon Mothma what the Falcon was to Leia.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Yes, although again, Leia had a larger vessel as her personal transport initially. She only used the Falcon at first, and at Hoth, by necessity. Post-Empire Strikes Back... I guess because it was Han's ship and she was in love with him, probably.

Maybe if they ship Mon Mothma and Zeb or something? :D

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Its not a bad idea, no. Although I'd think that they could afford at least a Corvette for their leader's personal transport.

That said, their's some merit to have a small and inconspicuous transport if you need to smuggle your leader around unnoticed by the Imperials. Of course, the Ghost is quite well-known to the upper echelons of the Empire now, but if ships like the Ghost are common enough, it might work. Say an arc where they have to smuggle Mon Mothma someone on some mission or evacuation without it being noticed by the Empire.
Yeah kind of like an idea I had where you have major rebellion start at signifigant enough system that empire has to take it seriously and Ghost crew are trapped in that system and rebels are forced to sacrifice themselves by openly attacking the imperial forces to allow the Ghost to escape, so what if Mon Mothma was on the planet too and instead of just fleeing for their lives the Ghost had to leave to save Mon Mothma and possibly other rebel leaders as well. Hell you could (Rogue One spoiler:)Spoiler
make the system be the home system of one those members in rebel council who suggested just giving up explaining that they're not just cowards but have seen the might of empire first hand
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Lord Revan wrote:
The Romulan Republic wrote:Its not a bad idea, no. Although I'd think that they could afford at least a Corvette for their leader's personal transport.

Yeah kind of like an idea I had where you have major rebellion start at signifigant enough system that empire has to take it seriously and Ghost crew are trapped in that system and rebels are forced to sacrifice themselves by openly attacking the imperial forces to allow the Ghost to escape, so what if Mon Mothma was on the planet too and instead of just fleeing for their lives the Ghost had to leave to save Mon Mothma and possibly other rebel leaders as well. Hell you could (Rogue One spoiler:)Spoiler
make the system be the home system of one those members in rebel council who suggested just giving up explaining that they're not just cowards but have seen the might of empire first hand
That could work. And frankly, I don't blame anyone for wanting to avoid the possibility of facing a Death Star over their home world with only the word of a criminal and a recently brain-scrambled Imperial defector that it has a weak spot.

Galvatron
Decepticon Leader

Post by Galvatron »

The Romulan Republic wrote:Yes, although again, Leia had a larger vessel as her personal transport initially. She only used the Falcon at first, and at Hoth, by necessity. Post-Empire Strikes Back... I guess because it was Han's ship and she was in love with him, probably.

Maybe if they ship Mon Mothma and Zeb or something? :D
I can imagine Mon Mothma befriending the crew and preferring to travel with them versus luxuriating in some VIP suite on a Mon Cal star cruiser. Besides, I'm sure having Mon Mothma as a passenger would increase the stakes for every episode in which the ship faces mortal danger.
Lord Revan wrote:Yeah kind of like an idea I had where you have major rebellion start at signifigant enough system that empire has to take it seriously and Ghost crew are trapped in that system and rebels are forced to sacrifice themselves by openly attacking the imperial forces to allow the Ghost to escape, so what if Mon Mothma was on the planet too and instead of just fleeing for their lives the Ghost had to leave to save Mon Mothma and possibly other rebel leaders as well.
I like that. :)